New member welcome thread..

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

I'm Suzanne. I'm from The Netherlands (Amsterdam). I've got my drivers license (motor) since 2010. (car 2001)
Since then I wanted a 2005 Fazer. But I didn't have the money, so I bought a FZS600 from 2000. Now, 2 years later, I'm buying a 2010 FZ6 S2 Autumn Orange (finally).

A big :welcome: to all our new members, lots of good info here :thumbup:

Nice looking bike Suzanne, I love that colour :thumbup:

Hi Suzanne,

Are you going to keep the old Fazer as well? Or are you planning to sell it in favor of the FZ6?

That orange is absolutely beautifull on your FZ :thumbup:
Though it won't go as fast as the silver bikes :drool::bow:

Be safe, ride lots and post often ;):D

Grtz,

Degake

We've got several other members from the Netherlands on here as well..:cheer:

enjoy your new ride :rockon:

Where are all the Belgian riders?
There are LOTS of FZ6 on our roads, though we are only such a small group on this forum :spank:

Last edited:

suuzzie

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Suzanne,

Are you going to keep the old Fazer as well? Or are you planning to sell it in favor of the FZ6?

That orange is absolutely beautifull on your FZ :thumbup:
Though it won't go as fast as the silver bikes :drool::bow:

Be safe, ride lots and post often ;):D

Grtz,

Degake

Where are all the Belgian riders?
There are LOTS of FZ6 on our roads, though we are only such a small group on this forum :spank:

The Dutch-speaking Belgian Fazer riders are here!
Motor-Forum - Sport - De Fazerrijders (V/M) Hangplek - Deel 11

And I'm selling the FZS600, friday is my last day with the FZS600.
Yes the orange is kicking!! The Fazer knocked me off my socks when I saw the black/orange combination. And you don't see the combination very often... :)

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site

Yeah, I know of that forum, but it just can't compare with this huge family :thumbup: And they're also getting their info from here, so :BLAA:
(Why didn't you post the picture of you on your Fazer over here? :D We have a "how do you look" thread going, so feel free :cheer::rockon:

And I'm selling the FZS600, friday is my last day with the FZS600.
Yes the orange is kicking!! The Fazer knocked me off my socks when I saw the black/orange combination. And you don't see the combination very often... :)

The FZ6 won't only knock you over with it's color combination... If you rev it up, you will be smiling from ear to ear :D

Grtz,

Degake

suuzzie

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, I know of that forum, but it just can't compare with this huge family :thumbup: And they're also getting their info from here, so :BLAA:
(Why didn't you post the picture of you on your Fazer over here? :D We have a "how do you look" thread going, so feel free :cheer::rockon:

The FZ6 won't only knock you over with it's color combination... If you rev it up, you will be smiling from ear to ear :D

Grtz,

Degake

I will post a picture of me and my bike, when I have the new one... :D

Jedz123

Reaction score
Visit site
Howdy all!
Figured I'd introduce myself and say hi!
I am not a FZ6 owner however my two best friends own FZ6's (an 06 & a 10) and I'm always helping them wrench on em'! I am also a huge fan of these bikes! I came here to do some searching for one of my buddy's FZ is in not so great of shape now, (threads are shot on his triple tree). I love his in particular ( first motorcycle I ever ridden) and I want to see the thing back on the road ASAP! So my internet stumbling dropped me off here.

I am huge Motorcycle head but I run with Suzuki's I have a 98 Bandit 1200S I run daily and I have an old 79 GS750 that is nearly done a complete restoration! Sorry guys can't be swayed to the side of the triple tuning fork however I have complete respect for these bikes and if I ever did want to step back down to the 600cc range a FZ6 is what I would ride!

Well that's about it, I'm off to search to see what can't be done for my buds Triple tree threads...
Wish me luck! and Hello all!
Thanks
-Jedz

Ctlnext

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone. My name is Catalin from Romania, Bucharest. I have 2 fazer's: one is 2004 and the other one is 2008. I am very pleased with them :)

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the family :D

I hope you'll all enjoy hanging out with our family :rockon:
One thing to mention: :needpics:, or you will all get spanked :spank: :D

Stay safe on the roads and enjoy the rest :thumbup:

Grtz,

Degake

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk

Jedz123

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the family :D

I hope you'll all enjoy hanging out with our family :rockon:
One thing to mention: :needpics:, or you will all get spanked :spank: :D

Stay safe on the roads and enjoy the rest :thumbup:

Grtz,

Degake

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk
As per your request ;)
462724_2476458449711_394897766_o.jpg

My 98 B-12 with one of my Buds 2010 FZ6 on route 22 in NY
555319_2758613263405_423133435_n.jpg

1979 GS750 at my house

Last edited:

spoonlamp

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all - new UK rider here - Huzzah!! :uk:

Just passed my DAS bike course last Friday after 18 months of pottering about on a YBR125. I'd already part exchanged the YBR for a '99 FZS600, so the pressure to pass was on! What a Friday though - straight home after passing Mod 1 & 2, insurance sorted for the Fazer then slow ride to the garage to swap bikes. And that ride home on my new bike - what a blast! Couldn't resist a quick ride up the motorway - pure joy! :thumbup:

Looking forward to finding out what I can do to her with regards maintenance, small performance improvements, hard or soft panniers for long journeys, the usual boring newb questions ;)

Here she is, haven't had a chance to do a proper photo shoot yet!
540564_339926476075805_123356415_n.jpg

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice looking bike Spoonlamp!

Congrats on getting your licence, and kudos for getting a Fizzer.

Maintenance is no1 priority. Change her fluids, check her brake pads (and lines) and ride!

She's a gorgeous looking thing!

Any idea on maintenance history? How many miles and how much did you pay?

She looks well looked after, so hopefully a bit of preventative should see you cruising in style.

Cheers,
Rick

spoonlamp

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Rick!

She's done just over 23thou miles - last owner was a big scaredy and rarely used her. Did 150 miles in the year he had it! Last attempt he dropped her (minor scratches, crack on fairing) then realised it was too big a bike for him - sold it and bought a scooter!:confused:
Garage cleaned it up, MOTd and serviced, put a new front tyre on and I bought her for just under 2 grand. Bit high but it's exactly what I was looking for and in great condition.

Having said that, she's going back to the garage Mon am - clutch is slipping, but he's going to fix at no cost :thumbup:

Jerky

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys, I've been a member for a year now and just created my first post so now I feel obligated to introduce myself.
I've found this forum very helpful and am grateful for the advice from the members here. This is my 5th season riding up in Ontario, Canada.
I bought my blue 2006 fz6 last May after a year of searching and with only 838 km it was a fairly easy decision. It had minor damage from being backed into while in storage and I didn't mind since I was considering the naked route anyway... but I still haven't fixed/modded it.
I haven't had any issues but this morning I used the kill switch and when I turned the key on to start it later, the guage lit up but no whir from the fuel pump and the starter wouldn't go. I was freaking out for a bit, thinking about how reliable the bike had been and why the hell was it acting up on me like this. I thought maybe the rain had affected the wiring or the safety switch on the kickstand was causing it before I discovered my problem. My what a great feeling when it turned out to be pushing the switch to 'on'.
My previous/first bike was an 82 xs400 heritage special which could barely do 100km/h on the highway so when I first tried out the fz6 I thought it was too much power for me! I knew I wanted a newer bike so I could spend more time riding than researching where to buy parts. It's been good to me. I passed 12000 km today.
I think that covers what this thread is about, now let me find a pic..

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
..............but this morning I used the kill switch and when I turned the key on to start it later, the guage lit up but no whir from the fuel pump and the starter wouldn't go. I was freaking out for a bit, thinking about how reliable the bike had been and why the hell was it acting up on me like this. I thought maybe the rain had affected the wiring or the safety switch on the kickstand was causing it before I discovered my problem. My what a great feeling when it turned out to be pushing the switch to 'on'...........
Man we have all done it and the sense of relief when you realise everthing is ok is almost enought to make you do it again, or is it just that Iam a sick puppy?

In all seriousness, welcome to the best little forum around.
I was looking at an aussie forum last night that actually said up front it was copying some of the ideas for threads from another forum. It just happened that I recognied the thread so thats a pretty flattering kinda compliment

as they say ride often post often,.... include pics and keep safe......... and go naked (its liberating)

Roark

Reaction score
Visit site
FZ6_rannalla_S.jpg

A Finnish noob chiming in! I'm 29 and for a long time I've loved things that convert hydrocarbons into speed, noise and adrenaline. For some reason it took me this long to get into bikes, but better late than never.

I got my "big A" license in late April and after a 3-week interlude visiting the US (CO-NM-AZ-UT-CO 3500 miles, 2 weeks, cage) I got back home and bought myself a red, low-mileage 2007 FZ6 S2.
I looked around and test rode many other bikes, of course, from GSR 750s to Versyses (Versi?), but as I had ridden an FZ6 as the school bike (2 lessons dodging cones, 10 lessons in traffic) and had a decent feel for it, I went ahead and got the cleanest example I could find.
The FZ6 is a versatile bike and has enough power up in the rev range to stay challenging for a long time.

So far the summer weather's been terrible, with lots of rain and cold days, so I've done only 1500 k so far. I'm comfortable riding in the dry, although big lean angles are still to be explored. Despite riding most of the school lessons in cold and wet conditions, I'm pretty much in the dark regarding the cornering grip in have in those conditions. As a result I've found myself unable to keep up with cars on a tight, hilly and twisty back road when it's raining. Any ideas on how to find out the limits of grip without dropping the bike?

Brian_N

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello All, I'm Brian. I live in Charlotte, NC. I've ridden for a few years now but not the past two seasons. :( I sold my last bike, a Triumph Speed Triple, oh how I miss her. :)

Which brings me to why I'm here; I'm picking up a 2008 FZ6 next week. It's sittin' at the dealership with my name on it.

I thought I'd stop in to introduce myself and say thank you. I've lurked around reading lots of posts which helped me decide which model to re-enter the sport/pass time/obsession with. Truthfully, with the current schedule, mine will be mostly a commuter but here's hoping for some little side trips snuck in with the wifey.

So here are two of my last bikes:

227908_18745568008_4488_n.jpg

189_25622113008_3696_n.jpg

And here's the lil' gal comin' home to the garage:

655d7be2-073d-4457-8824-380869caaf7c.jpg