New member welcome thread..

ront

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,
I am Ron from Spokane, WA. I just recently purchased a 2005 Blue FZ6. It had 12,400 miles on i and I paid $3000 for it. It is in very good condition! It replaces my 1978 Yamaha XS750S that had 62,000 miles on it and has not been started for a couple of years. The FZ6 is a lot of fun to ride and will mainly be used as a commuter as I have a 60 mile round trip during the week.
I am looking forward to getting to know you all!

Ron

Here is just a fast picture of the new scooter.
DSC7792ee-L.jpg

Rustyy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All, I'm Rusty from Oz and new to the forum. There are some great discussion threads on the forum and will take several weeks to read through them all! So hopefully in the mean time I dont ask too many questions that have already been posted. Cheers

IceBerge12

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, name is Erik, from Seattle, Wa. I currently own a red 2007 FZ6. Love the bike, alot better then my first bike a 1991 Suzuki VX800 Maurader! Already taken it on a road trip to southern California via HWY 101/1 and back since I bought the bike last summer. Love the thing, have a couple mods in mind that I wanna do but the bike is great the way it is!

darkLeo

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all! Newbie here, just bought my FIRST bike ever at 33 years of age (I've had dirt bikes, but nothing like this), and it's a 2012 FZ6R, which I'm really happy about. I did a ton of research on a good first bike, and the FZ6 proved it all right when I first rolled on the throttle and she just took off nice and easy, very stable feeling, almost like floating along. Just a super feeling bike. I was very nervous my first time in traffic on a 'big' bike, but the FZ6 inspires confidence with that nice calm stable feeling.

I did take a rider course and plan to take more skills courses. Any tips on ways to improve confidence and skills on my own? I try to ride around short trips in my neighborhood to practice.

Also - looking to install frame sliders -- possibly the Puig, tho I've heard good things about Woodcraft

Does anyone have a recommendation on the Puig's flatter style vs. the 'regular' cylindrical shaped ones, or any other tips about sliders in general for a faired FZ6? I'm looking to get frame, swingarm, handlebars, protected, anything I can slap on to help out :)

Last question - has anyone tried to lower or lighten their FZ6? I am short and on the lowest suspension setting I'm still on tip-toes and it's definitely heavy. Another reason to get those sliders.

Ok sorry for all the questions, just excited! Thanks.

Ps the pic in the truck - I had to buy it in NH and drive it all the way down to DC where I live in a 16' box truck. It was worth it!

rumblestrip

Coffee Drinker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, there. I'm Jon. I live in Virginia, and I just bought an 06 FZ6 a few days ago. It's in great condition, and the PO was a very cool guy. I'm looking forward to riding it to work, and around Appalachia. I've been sitting on a CB750K3 for a couple of years and wanted something nice & modern (and reliable) to ride while I fuss around with that.

I've got pic from the Craigslist ad. I'm putting new tires on it before I start riding, so it's all I've got. I'm already appreciating all of the good tips and stories I've been seeing on the forum, so thanks.

picture.php

scriss

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey people. My name is Shawn and I live in the inland empire. I work as a building engineer in Anaheim. I just bought an 07 FZ6 a week ago from Temecula motor sports for $4300 with 3k miles on it. Its replacing my 03 shadow for a commuter. I've been riding dirt and street bikes for about 10 years and I am still amazed at how fast these bikes are and I really like the comfortable seating position.

Last edited:

Yam 600

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi my is Gavin I am a newby to the forum I have had my 2009 fz6 s2 naked from new and is the best bike I have had and love it to bits. I traded my gsxr in for it which I dont miss. the other bike I own is a 1976 rd 250 c model which was my dads and has only 2700 miles that is why it only comes out on sunny days.

koral

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone! I'm from Poznan, Poland. I bought my black 2006 FZ6 naked last year. It's originally from UK but I'm the first owner in Poland. This is my first bike. Till now I had only country trips(about 10k km), but this year I'm preparing to take some abroad ones. Maybe someone want to host me ;)

Feel free to ask question about my region.

SL276151.jpg

SL275003.jpg

06052011073.jpg

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to all new members :)

You are now member of one FANTASTIC family :thumbup:
If you need any help, just ask and we will all try to help you out!

Ride safe, post often and give us lots of pics ;)

Grtz,

Degake

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all! Newbie here, just bought my FIRST bike ever at 33 years of age (I've had dirt bikes, but nothing like this), and it's a 2012 FZ6R, which I'm really happy about. I did a ton of research on a good first bike, and the FZ6 proved it all right when I first rolled on the throttle and she just took off nice and easy, very stable feeling, almost like floating along. Just a super feeling bike. I was very nervous my first time in traffic on a 'big' bike, but the FZ6 inspires confidence with that nice calm stable feeling.

I did take a rider course and plan to take more skills courses. Any tips on ways to improve confidence and skills on my own? I try to ride around short trips in my neighborhood to practice.

Also - looking to install frame sliders -- possibly the Puig, tho I've heard good things about Woodcraft

Does anyone have a recommendation on the Puig's flatter style vs. the 'regular' cylindrical shaped ones, or any other tips about sliders in general for a faired FZ6? I'm looking to get frame, swingarm, handlebars, protected, anything I can slap on to help out :)

Last question - has anyone tried to lower or lighten their FZ6? I am short and on the lowest suspension setting I'm still on tip-toes and it's definitely heavy. Another reason to get those sliders.

Ok sorry for all the questions, just excited! Thanks.

Ps the pic in the truck - I had to buy it in NH and drive it all the way down to DC where I live in a 16' box truck. It was worth it!

We have a sister forum, dedicated for the FZ6R as well :)
Check it out: FZ6R forum
But stay around with us as well, we're just that bit extra.... ;):D

Grtz,

Degake

rivettm

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey just came across this forum a week or two ago. I'm going on a short tour with some friends beginning 6/28 and was looking up what people have done to their FZ6s for touring.

Bought new 2007 FZ6 Red in Ontario, Canada. Have since moved to PA, USA.

Right now bike is stock but have ordered CRG RC2 clutch and brake levers and Larry's fender eliminator. I'm very close to ordering MadStad windshield.

Will upload some pics once the mods are done. Right now it looks like it did on the showroom floor!

LockeClone

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, I'm Andy from Colorado. Originally Fort Collins - the Napa Valley for micro brew.

I currently ride a 1984 Honda Ascot VT that I've brought back from the grave, but I'm buying a 07-09 FZ6 as soon as I move to Cali in January. Maybe sooner if I make a stupid decision.

If you're even in Colorado make sure to visit the St. Vrain canyon near Longmont. it's possibly the best 12 miles within spitting distance of Denver.

CincoBoy

Tiny Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You are all just a wealth of knowledge here!

I posted a few pages ago and wanted to include a photo of my bike.

The dent in the tank was added by the previous owner, not me! I have not let my bike fall over!

Last edited:

sherry

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone, my name is Sherry, I pick up my new to me 2008 FZ6 (the faster blue one) tomorrow morning from the dealership. It's great to know there is this forum to get answers when you need them. I'm a newbie rider and appreciate any advice anyone wants to give. ....very excited about tomorrow!!! :D

Fat Broke

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone... I'm new to this forum. I live in WA state just north of Seattle. I've had my FZ6 for about 5 years now, I commuted with it in CA (bay area) prior to moving up here.

Love the bike, just spent 200 miles on it yesterday over one of the passes (Hwy 2)... DAMN my arse felt it on that stock seat. I did a couple 500 mile days on another bike with a Corbin and no issue, this seat has got to go!

Looking forward to interacting with you all!

-matt

suuzzie

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

I'm Suzanne. I'm from The Netherlands (Amsterdam). I've got my drivers license (motor) since 2010. (car 2001)
Since then I wanted a 2005 Fazer. But I didn't have the money, so I bought a FZS600 from 2000. Now, 2 years later, I'm buying a 2010 FZ6 S2 Autumn Orange (finally).

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A big :welcome: to all our new members, lots of good info here :thumbup:

Hi,

I'm Suzanne. I'm from The Netherlands (Amsterdam). I've got my drivers license (motor) since 2010. (car 2001)
Since then I wanted a 2005 Fazer. But I didn't have the money, so I bought a FZS600 from 2000. Now, 2 years later, I'm buying a 2010 FZ6 S2 Autumn Orange (finally).

Nice looking bike Suzanne, I love that colour :thumbup:. We've got several other members from the Netherlands on here as well..:cheer:

enjoy your new ride :rockon: