New member welcome thread..

Rover da Niga

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone, I'm Alejandro from Chile, South America. I bought a 2008 FZ6 S2 a couple months ago. Now have less than 8.500 miles.

I hope join to your great forum.

Sorry for my bad english :rolleyes:

hello, and welcome fellow :)

but why your profile say honda transalp? :D

nice pics ;)

SAAVA

Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings and Salutations to all. Long time lurker, just never owned a computer until last week.

I purchased a "faster blue" leftover 08 in April of 09 and now have just a hair under 30K miles. I started on a Buell Blast and also owned a 2010 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS. I never liked the Blast, but the Tiger 1050 fit me perfectly, but I sold it when I moved to Florida and do not have indoor parking. It also suffered some reliability issues which also led me to keep the FZ6.

I mostly use the FZ6 as my primary vehicle and put more miles on it than my car. Starting this year I should average about 20K miles a year on the bike.

I've ridden a number of other bikes through demos and friends, so I'll lend my advice as needed. Cheers.

eddie444

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi I'm eddie I'm from Lincoln uk I have the fz o4 blue one I'm in the building trade for my sins haven't had the bike that long but llove it already bin a long time out of riding but god it's gd to b back in the saddle:

cmyers

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all just wanted to give a quick introduction. I recently purchased an '06 FZ6 for the wife to ride - she did say I could take it during the week. We have both had 90's model Honda Nighthawk 750's, her's was recently taken down and totaled in traffic by an impatient cager.

Looking forward to getting to know yall here.

mattb

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi.

I'm Matt and I live in Milton Keynes UK.
I ride a blue 2008 FZ6.
Used to be a motorcycle instructor.
Now that I'm not I can start playing with the bike - fitted an Evotech Tail Tidy and have some Scorpion slipons on order.

CincoBoy

Tiny Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey! I'm Tyler from Salt Lake City, UT. I have an '07 FZ6 in red that I bought last June. The FZ6 is my own first bike. I learned to ride on my father's '78 BMW R80. I have poured over the forums again and again and have finally decided to introduce myself.

aob24

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, im Adam from Lichfield in the UK. I am just about to buy a 2006 fazer (in the fast blue colour) as my first big bike. I have my test next week so wish me luck! Cant wait to chat with all of you guys!

Dougie

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, im Adam from Lichfield in the UK. I am just about to buy a 2006 fazer (in the fast blue colour) as my first big bike. I have my test next week so wish me luck! Cant wait to chat with all of you guys!

Welcome Adam from a fellow UK,er.....and newbie,great site,great people and as much Fazer info as yel ever need....:thumbup:

surfandsummit

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Everyone,

I'm Dave. I live in Newport, Oregon and am originally from Seattle. I'm in the Coast Guard. I'm leaving in a couple hours to pick up a blue '05, my first bike.

crazy302

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone, my name is J-P, I live in Montreal, Quebec and i'm the proud new owner of a 2008 FZ6. Purchased it 2 days ago with only 2850 kms on the clock and couldn't be happier. Have to mention that this is my first bike and I love it !!

I was lurking this forum for awhile before I purchased my bike and found out alot of interesting infos.

Here a pic :

IMG_1342.jpg

Dougie

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone, my name is J-P, I live in Montreal, Quebec and i'm the proud new owner of a 2008 FZ6. Purchased it 2 days ago with only 2850 kms on the clock and couldn't be happier. Have to mention that this is my first bike and I love it !!

I was lurking this forum for awhile before I purchased my bike and found out alot of interesting infos.

Here a pic :

IMG_1342.jpg

same spec and colour as mine......lovely,welcome:welcome:

Cwwrig

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I've had my FZ6 for about a month now (2006 Cobalt Blue). I came from a '99 Sprint, and a SV650s before that. Looking forward to chatting with you guys (and gals).

I've done the following since I purchased the bike (it has ~21k miles)
1) Changed oil and filter
2) Added Bestem top box on Givi top rack
3) Replaced stock air filter with K&N
4) Added power outlet (hoping to go on a trip in August)
5) Cleaned brake pads and put grease on them (stopped the squeal)

I think that should take care of the immediate maintenance needs - If anyone else can offer any suggestions let me know. I know the valve check is coming up...I'm considering doing it myself, I'll reserve that for another post.

SteveH41

Reaction score
Visit site
Morning folks,

Another new guy here, ripe old age of 41 and first venture into biking. Usual story really, parents denied it when I was younger, wife denied until recently (well, basically told her I was doing it regardless :) ) Finally talked her round (going to cost me a new(ish) Fiesta though :( )

Just in the process of doing my direct access, ready for Mod 1 now and just awaiting the test date. Been lurking the forum for a few weeks and decided to sign up as the FZ6 Fazer will be my bike of choice, hopefully by the end of June I will have passed my test and can enjoy the summer.

Looking at a 2006 / 2007 model, not too fussed about the colour so long as it's in good nick.

I'm based in Tamworth / Staffs so after my test would like to meet up with any fellow FZ6 owners in the area looking for a bit of a ride out.

Cheers all.

Steve.

Ladyk

Reaction score
Visit site
Morning everyone,
My name us Kayla and im just getting back into riding. ive been lurking around the internet and it felt only right to join a forum based on the newest bike i have!
I started with a 250 ninja years ago, played on an sv650, and then fell in love with my 05 fz6.
Basically I use my bike to commute when the weather is good, weekends are for long distance trips, and the summer is for weekend get aways with all my other bike buddies. My goal is to make it to the tracks next year for some good ole' fun.

Senior

My brother is Junior
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:

Welcome along Cwwrig, SteveH41 & Ladyk to the best, friendliest place to talk all things FZ6 and biking. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: there is a wealth of knowledge and people on here who are very willing to share their expertise, you'll notice that lots of members on here have moved on from the FZ6 but still hang around, testament to the friendly and supportive way this forum runs :D

Post up some pictures of your ride and don't forget to look at the stickies and and use the search feature . . . .

have fun on your FZ6 :rockon: