New member welcome thread..

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys. Now I understand. Again, maybe it's one of those across the pond things, but I just don't feel the need to 'Farkle' with the stock bike.

Having said that, I've fitted frame sliders & do like the way the bike looks with a belly pan fitted. Oh & I did the headlight mod. Perhaps I am a farkler after all :Sport:

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all, my name is julian and im from adelaide australia. I started riding 4 years ago after seperating from my wife. I had always wanted a bike and bought my 04 silver naked fz6 new not long after they came out in australia. this is my third bike
1/ klx 250 used but magic good learner
2/ vtr250 new put a roo racing can on very loud bike good probation ride

Now the fz after reading threads have drilled the can and last night modified the air box.
When they first came out here you could only get naked which is what appealled and red black or silver. They still are not a very popular bike here and you dont see many.

hobbit

Short fat and hairy :))))
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi i'm Hobbit aka Rob am currently waiting for my S2 in midnight black have always been a fan of Yam's mostly the star range and have one lurking in the garage nicknamed "Sleeper" by my riding buddies as it sounds just like another Twin with a rorty pipe get it above 3K and it explodes will keep up with and beat most (older) bikes to the ton :eek:i have bought the S2 as my first real naked street bike and am looking forward to giving it some stick - oh i also ride a HD1200 sporty as the Sleeper will soon gain a 3rd wheel and a higher compression motor to see the best part of 100+ft/lbs at the wheels and around 90hp:rockon:
ride safe and keep it rubber down:Sport:

Maverick

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm Mike from Ottawa, Canada.... I have a 07 FZ6 (the Blue faster one)... my first bike was a 1984 RZ350 I bought new in 1985. I started de-mothballing the RZ last year after not riding for 15 years, but I found that there was more wrenching than riding so I bought my second new Yamaha.

red dragon rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Finally got it!!

Hi everyone. Well I got my Red FZ6 home today. My bank kept screwing up with the financing. I have not gotten to ride it yet becuase it got to late so I'm going first thing in the morning. I'll try to get some pics of me and my bike and post them for all to see.

DrBart2

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello, my name is Bart, well actually Bartholomew. I had a mean momma naming me that! I live in Burleson, Texas. I have owned a variety of motorcycles over the 40 some years of riding. I have had my FZ6 for a week now and enjoy it the more I ride it. I am one of the lucky ones who is married to a women who likes to ride her own bike. She rides a Honda Magna 750. I have one child, a son who is new to riding street bikes. He is 16 today and rides Ninja 250. I come from a family of Bikers. My 74 year old dad still rides. I am a Chiropractor and I use the name DrBart2 online. It is the same name I use playing an online game called Battlefield 2. I belong to a gaming Clan from the UK (I'm one of the only Yanks in the Clan) so I get to hear a lot about what is going on in the UK.

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
I am one of the lucky ones who is married to a women who likes to ride her own bike.

You are indeed.....my lady friend HATES my bike with a passion. She refuses to even look at it. If I mention it or anything motorcycle related to her in conversation, lasers shoot out of her eyes and set stuff on fire.:(

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You are indeed.....my lady friend HATES my bike with a passion. She refuses to even look at it. If I mention it or anything motorcycle related to her in conversation, lasers shoot out of her eyes and set stuff on fire.:(
I was gonna ask, eventually, if that happened to anyone else. :(

(my GF is a former ER nurse...)

hobbit

Short fat and hairy :))))
Reaction score
Visit site
nope my better half told me to buy the FZ to make sure the HD and the soon to be built trike stayed nice, the FZ will stay nice as well but being all black its easier to keep clean:D

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site

That happens in my house too !! Is her name Adrienne ? :thumbup:

Mel T

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, my name is Mel, and I've been riding for about 45 years. I grew up on dirt bikes, and started racing dirttrack in 1967. I bought a new Yamaha RD350 in 1973 when they first came out, and I've been on street bikes ever since. I currently own a red 2007 RZ6. I live down at the beach here in Capitola, CA. I'm always ready to ride, so if any of you are near my area, just get in touch with me. I work out of my home, so my schedule is very flexible.

Mel

Sammo

04 FZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,
Another new guy here. I'm from Oklahoma and just picked up an 04' Black/Silver FZ6. It's my second bike, but there was a few year break inbetween. Its been great getting back on the road! See ya around.
-Sam

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi
Just about to get my naked FZ6 S2 in go-faster blue :) to replace my Honda CBF600 which although slow, is very smooth to ride. Here in the UK the number (registration) plate system changes every 6 months so everybody considers that when buying a new car or bike. So am waiting for the 1st of September to collect it with the new registration plate.

S

sportrider

Hi
Just about to get my naked FZ6 S2 in go-faster blue :) to replace my Honda CBF600 which although slow, is very smooth to ride. Here in the UK the number (registration) plate system changes every 6 months so everybody considers that when buying a new car or bike. So am waiting for the 1st of September to collect it with the new registration plate.
welcome aboard!!!:D

crazy_canuck

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey

Hello All,

My name is Steve Colgan from Edmonton, Alberta. Been riding for about 3 years now, starting out on a 1983 Suzuki 650 Tempter and upgraded to a 2006 FZ6 this past spring. I could not resist as I got a super sweet deal $2300 off the posted price at Blackfoot Motosports in Calgary, Alberta and it was the bike that I wanted! :thumbup:. Now I can say I've ridden through snow as the day I brought it back to Edmonton I had to ride through flurries. 7500km on the bike now after being almost daily ridden and a 5000km trip through B.C, Washington, Idaho & Montana this past month with a buddy.

Steve