New member welcome thread..

blaw

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone,
This is my first post. I am from Boston and looking to get a FZ6. In the past, I rode a 1988 Honda Hawk GT, but have been without a motorcycle for two years. This forum is an awesome resource. Looking forward to exploring the content and being part of the community.

-blaw

WhizzBang

Hot FZ6 Lovin'
Reaction score
Visit site
G'day all

I live in a great city called Townsville in North Queensland and for a crust I try and be a geologist. Dad of two crazy boys of about 2 and 0.75 so they keep me busy at home. Been riding for about 25 years, got my first bike when I was 7 and owned maybe 15 all up. Had some nasty stacks, worst of which was an argument with a kangaroo, but always got back on.

Just like Solarservant above, I've just bought myself a red-ish '06 FZ6S and am just like a pig in sh*t on this bike. I tested a number of sport and tourer style bikes before being bitten by the FZ6 bug. My other bike might now have to go, it will get no time on the road at this rate. I'm impressed with the power and agility of this bike, and so far I need no convincing that the FZ6 is some of the best fun to be had outside of bed.

The only things I would adjust relate to a fussy bum and short gearing but I will probably get used to these anyway.

Great bike, great forum. Thanks to Kazza for being so welcoming.

Cheers!

Would be most interested in meeting other FZ6 riders up here :)

GatoGo

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone, My name is Dave Gates, i work on aeroplanes so naturally im a thrill seeker! I am happily married to the perfect woman(get yourself a cajun)going on 6 years, have 2 awesome kids who already are wise beyond my years (1 boy 1 girl, stopping right there). i rode dirt bikes and atv's growing up, got my first street bike 2 1/2 years ago, used '04 fz6-fastest blue i could afford! street's a lot scarier than dirt! i ride every day there's not ice on the ground, mostly commute to work, but i try and find an excuse to scour the island for pavement not ridden by myself. i'm a dedicated DIY so i love the site for the mechanical advice and general rider improvement tips. props to those responsible for this site's upkeep!

lakermech

lakermech
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, my name is jeff Fallow. Long time rider. Switch to an R1, but this was my old bike. Miss it dearly but had to leave it in california.

germx

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Everyone, my name is Erik. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. Bought a 2004 FZ6 last Sep. It used to be fast but the previous owner painted it black, now it's slow, especially with me on it. I'm an engineer and test photovoltaic panels all day long. Recently completed a Motorcycle Safety Foundation course and soon will have license.

Tomservo

Reaction score
www.nashvilleriders.com
Hi all, I'm here on kind of a sad note as one of my best friends' 2004 FZ-6 has been mortally wounded and he is going to part it out. He had the bike for about 3 years till his son wrecked it and managed to crack the engine case. I felt the FZ forum would be the best place to begin the "organ donation" as we start taking her apart.
I've spoken with the Admin here, John, about letting me post up parts for sale since I'm brand new here and you guys wouldn't know who I am and I've only been here starting today.
Just to let you know who I am (in the spirit of full disclosure), I am friend of Outlaws Justice, who teaches our Total Control clinics here in Nashville and he has been a member here for some time. I am the editor/owner of the website Nashvilleriders.com (username brandon) and you'll also find me on SVRider.com and ADVrider.com as Tomservo.
I'm just putting this all out here so that if you want to make sure I'm legit even though I don't actually own an FZ myself (I know, what the he11, right?).
Anyway, thanks for letting me come play in your sandbox and I always hear good things about this forum from Outlaw's (yes, blatant sucking up). I'm sure parting out the FZ won't be the only thing I'll contribute here. :)

chnordiste

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi FZ6 rider !

I'm gauthier from Cergy (Paris suburb), :france:.
Got my motorcycle license for 4 years and own a 2005 FZ6N for 2 years.
I use it for daily travel, week end ride, longer travel (trip in Belgium, Germany and Switzerland), off-road (unfortunately for me the road was not finished :( ) and recently I’ve tried the racetrack. After 46000 km (28600 Mile) with that bike The FZ6 potential amaze me!

I can’t wait to read other rider experience, tips and information’s and maybe helps others with my little experience.

@+

MidLifeCrisis

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

I picked up my '08 last month. It is a great daily driver. Once the weather gets better I'll start taking it on longer trips (say the grocery store 2 hours away).

Here is the beast....
MyNewRide.jpg

Except for frame sliders, it was totally stock.

so far I have a fender eliminator and LED tail signals. I have some LED front signals on order. I'm also planning the pod light mod and the dual headlight mod.

Cheers!

kennedyted

Reaction score
Visit site
hi new to forums, bought 07 fz6(yeah the fast red one) almost 2 years ago, was my first bike after riding and 80 something suzuki gs 550 for a month or two lol, im a big guy 6'2 330lbs and i find it to be a nic ebije with decent power and comfortable, would i like a fz1? yes mostly because of the size, im happy with the fz6, my name is ted kennedy im 25 and i live in erie pa, have custody of my 7 yr old daughter, and after not having a chance to snowmobile cannot wait to ride steadily, any other riders in the erie area ?

docwithknife

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought the FZ6 from my daughter who had wrecked it. I took it for a ride and fell in love with the feel of the bike. I started looking for information to make a naked conversion and found this forum. I like the naked look of the bike and the front is all cracked anyway. Its a 2004 and im gona trick it out! Iv seen some very sick bikes posted in the gallery and have been inspired.

RuinedMortal

Military Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone! I am Chris, I bought a 2005 FZ6 the silver/black one. I wanted the red one, everyone knows it goes faster! But ill make mine the quicksilver edition or something cool like that, not gonna chrome it all out or anything silly lol.
I've been apart of a few forums for different parts of life before, so I am excited to be here. Active forums are such a great place to hang out.
I am in the Nor Cal area, more central than north, alas always looking to ride. I am in the USAF and would love to become a larger part of this forum.

Hoosier4444

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all, I'm Josh from Indiana University. I bought my FZ6 blue bullet in the fall. Before that I had a kawasaki 500r. Im blessed beyond what words can express to have this bike. Im a barista and biochem student and I just want to keep the shiny side up.

Cheers,

(im a hoosier but I thought the cheer thing was pretty legit)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

lt-white

Reaction score
Visit site
New member from the Cincinnati area. Just bought a 2009 last week. I didn't know a bike could feel so smooth after riding a Sportster for the last two years.

Dresnewtoy

Reaction score
Visit site
I picked up a 2008 FZ-6 yesterday with 22xx miles on it. Haven't ridden it yet, just moved it from the van to my shed. Upgrading from a '07 Suzuki GS500F. The PO drilled out the stock exhaust baffles and installed a taller windshield.
planned upgrades.
* Dual Headlight mod as done by bd43
* Change the reflector below the rear brake light to an additional brake light
* Frame sliders or engine guard.

<< Any riders here live in the southern Maryland area? >>

Peace
IMG_0004-1.jpg

DON_JANO

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone, I'm Alejandro from Chile, South America. I bought a 2008 FZ6 S2 a couple months ago. Now have less than 8.500 miles.

DSC_0799l.jpg

2012-04-28124910.jpg

I hope join to your great forum.

Sorry for my bad english :rolleyes:

Last edited: