New member welcome thread..

jcarrow

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, my name is Justin and I have a 2005 FZ6 that I bought back in 2006. Just ran into trouble with it now starting and hoping that all you guys and gals in this forum will have all the answers and help I need.
Thanks

xsrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi riders!

I've been following your for some months now, since I bought my 2nd hand 2004 FZ6 Fazer last September.
I've been a rider for just 4 years now, but this is my 3rd bike, having ridden so far a 1987 Yamaha XS400 and a 2003 Suzuki GS500.

So far my FZ6 is a great bike, despite being a "naked-bikes guy" :rockon: I have to reckon that the Fazer's semi-fairing is great for winter and for speeds slightly above legal :rockon:
But what I really like is having these two bikes, or a kind of Mr Jeckil & Dr Hyde, one below 6k RPM and one above :rolleyes:

While commuting and riding some twistties I've put some good 5k kms on it, and I've just replace my rear tire (the one the previous owner had) with a brand new Michelin Pilot Road 2 matching the front one, which was almost new at the time of purchase.

I finally registered and will try to learn from you and to add whatever I can that may be of use for any of you.

You can check my bike in my profile ;)

If any of you happen to come around the north of Spain: the first beer is on me!! :welcome:

Cheers!
XSrider

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, my name is Justin and I have a 2005 FZ6 that I bought back in 2006. Just ran into trouble with it now starting and hoping that all you guys and gals in this forum will have all the answers and help I need.
Thanks

Hi riders!

I've been following your for some months now, since I bought my 2nd hand 2004 FZ6 Fazer last September.
I've been a rider for just 4 years now, but this is my 3rd bike, having ridden so far a 1987 Yamaha XS400 and a 2003 Suzuki GS500.

So far my FZ6 is a great bike, despite being a "naked-bikes guy" :rockon: I have to reckon that the Fazer's semi-fairing is great for winter and for speeds slightly above legal :rockon:
But what I really like is having these two bikes, or a kind of Mr Jeckil & Dr Hyde, one below 6k RPM and one above :rolleyes:

While commuting and riding some twistties I've put some good 5k kms on it, and I've just replace my rear tire (the one the previous owner had) with a brand new Michelin Pilot Road 2 matching the front one, which was almost new at the time of purchase.

I finally registered and will try to learn from you and to add whatever I can that may be of use for any of you.

You can check my bike in my profile ;)

If any of you happen to come around the north of Spain: the first beer is on me!! :welcome:

Cheers!
XSrider

:welcome: to the friendliest ,bestest forum on the Big WWW!

jcarrow,
Totally missed your post. Not realizing you needed help, you must think this is a cold membership or maybe you've got your bike sorted out now and don't need help.
Please do post your symptoms in the proper section of the forum http://www.600riders.com/forum/garage-mechanical-help/ so that members who are always willing to help know you're having a problem and can participate in helping you. You won't find a friendlier bunch of helpers! :D

Last edited:

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey hows it going? Well, I took the plunge. I bought it. A brand new 2009 FZ6 (Raven) with oem Yami chin guard.:rockon: Bike is in transit. It took some trouble shooting. But I found it. You 49 state motorcycle riders and definately out of the country riders. Have it lucky. Cal state emissions bite.

My name is Mark and this is my first bike. Anywho happy to be aboard great forum!

Last edited:

jdoorn14

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

My name is Jeff and I live in Michigan...right about here. *pointing at a spot on my right hand*

I am not currently a rider, but I think that's about to change. I am scheduled for one of the MSF courses put on by the local community colleges around the end of May--it cannot come fast enough with all the excellent weather we have had recently!!

I know this may rub some of you the wrong way, but I think I want my first bike to be a used FZ6. I have read most of the discussions on both this forum and other sites around the internet, but I have determined this is the direction I want to take.

There are a fair amount of FZ6's for sale around me...hopefully there will still be a couple good ones available after I pass the MSF & get my cycle endorsement. I refuse to buy one before I am licensed or before I take a training course. I believe I am a better driver for having taken a formal driver's ed course for my regular driver's license, so why wouldn't the same be true for motorcycles?

I'm with the smartest members of this site...ATGATT is the way to go. I am in the process of picking up pieces of NEW gear as I see good prices, so let me know if you all know of good preseason sales. I cringe when I see people riding around here without proper gear, and I know that they are the ones my wife will eventually see in the trauma ward at the local hospital--assuming they make it to the hospital alive--and the ones that make my wife tell me I have to server her with divorce papers in order to get a motorcycle. (I'm pretty sure she was joking...)

Ok, enough rambling. See you around the forum and hopefully soon on the roads.

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to our great family guys :cheer:
You will definately love hanging around :thumbup:

Don't forget: :needpics:

Grtz,

Degake

szamo6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi.
My name is Rob and I am from Plymouth Uk.
My Fz6 '07 is being delivered to my house tomorrow and I really can't wait now:)
I would like to say hello to all members, happy to join such a great forum.

ctrigga

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all! New Member here from central Iowa! Got my 07 Blue FZ6 last Saturday. Upgrading from a SV650s after someone tried to steal it and totaled it I'm guessing from anger at having failed. Lovin the bike so far, got some initial mods ordered like windscreen, tankpad, and a two-way security system! Safe ridin to all!
2012-03-10173301-1.jpg

Maniak

Sgt. USMC
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, Names Paulie

I bought a 2009 FZ6 bone stock with 15k miles on it for 4K. Im going to post a thread with picks of my progression of upgrades to it, *note* I've never even rode it yet. :)

photo.php

also i have no idea how to post pictures on here, is there a site people use to post there HTML pics to?

and how do you start your own thread?

Last edited:

acniss

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, I am Adam

I bought my 2009 Black FZ6 last year. I have been in and out of this place looking at technical stuff. So now I figured to join and add my opinion also.

Last edited:

Sandman

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello, everyone! I live in Raleigh, NC and had a 2000 Ninja 500 until I had a heavy get-off last year during a group ride. I don't actually have bike at the moment but I have been researching since then and I believe that when I can afford another, I'll try to find a FZ6!

I decided to join the forum to find out what kind of quirks these bikes have and I've liked what I've seen so far!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:new members to this great forum! We have a great group of members! :D Enjoy your new family!

addictionsoLA

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey peoples! My name is Jesse, I live in SW Wyoming, I commute about 40 miles a day to work on the freeway, currently I'm in my car, a 2010 Subaru Impreza WRX, but I've been eyeballing SS's since I was 16, but my family has been all about Harley's.

The first street legal motorcycle I ever rode was a 2006 Harley Road King when I was 17, ever since then I was hooked! I decided rather than get a SS like an R6 I'd like something that had a little more comfort, while maintaining a good looking style and had some oomph to play with on the highway, I read all about ninjas and sv650's but didn't even realize Yamaha had a "sport cruiser."

I'm currently 20, bikeless, but I am in the market! I was looking at ninja 650's and called up a local Kawasaki/Yamaha dealership and the sales department introduced me to the FZ6R. I went and peeked at it yesterday and was pretty impressed. They have a 2010, brand new white bike that they said they would let go for $5300.00 out the door, now I'm just waiting to hear back from my bank.

If I end up getting the bike you can definitely expect some pictures to be added!

The mods I'll be doing right away (money forbid) will be frame sliders, either an integrated tail light or a fender eliminator kit, some kind of integrated L.E.D. front blinkers, and I'm definitely going to have to figure something out with the giant mirrors!

Thanks for reading, looking forward to being a part of the fz6 community! :rockon:

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey peoples! My name is Jesse, I live in SW Wyoming, ...

:welcome:

The FZ6 and FZ6R are different bikes. There is a sibling forum dedicated to the FZ6R if you go that route: FZ6R Forum Community

Both are good choices. Keep an eye out for a decent, used FZ6 (last model year sold in the US was 2009) and save some money! I sometimes wish I had done that rather than buying new.

addictionsoLA

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:

The FZ6 and FZ6R are different bikes. There is a sibling forum dedicated to the FZ6R if you go that route: FZ6R Forum Community

Both are good choices. Keep an eye out for a decent, used FZ6 (last model year sold in the US was 2009) and save some money! I sometimes wish I had done that rather than buying new.

My mistake, but I'll definitely be sure to keep my eyes peeled!

STIFTW

Reaction score
Visit site
Yo! My name is Chris. I live in downtown St. Louis, MO. I picked up a 2009 FZ6 with 64 miles on the clock this morning. It's my first bike. Somehow I managed to put 300 miles on it today :D I also fiddle around with a 2011 Subaru STI. Getting it trackready for this summer. The gofast parts are on. Working on suspension and cage now.. Forums taught me just about all I know about the STI, so I figure I might as well start reading up on my new toy.

sti_and_fz by chris4809833

Last edited:

Clutched

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, saying hi from Brisbane, Australia.

10032012814.jpg

Bought this 08 a few months ago after being off bikes for about 18 months.
My last owned bike was an 07 ZX6, plus a shedload of new Ducati/Honda/Suzuki demos as company vehicles.

It's done 30,000km, has Micron pipes, clear blinkers and I added a seat cover for the rear to stop SWMBO sliding off during rapid lane changes and acceleration. I've just picked up Pazzos and bar end mirrors for it last week. Rear racestand arrived today, and next on the list are framesliders and axle armour, a set of headers and some rearsets.
I had an 06 FZ6n for a hire bike for 2 weeks a few years ago whilst waiting on an insurance claim and hated it, mainly because of the clutch cable over the ignition. It still irks me somewhat, but I'm over it.

It's a fun little bike.