New member welcome thread..

RCPMg33k

Squid
Reaction score
www.azpeacemakers.com
Howdy from Arizona!

New squid here.

My name is Matt. I live in Anthem, AZ and work in Scottsdale, AZ. For those that don't know the area, that is a LONG A$$ haul to get to work and back. 80 miles a day (almost 129 km). Anyways, the monthly petrol bill was killing my wallet so I just became the proud owner of a 2005 FZ6 in order to curb the monetary bleed out of my wallet.

It's not a bad bike. It needs some love cosmetically though and I also plan to upgrade all the lighting and add frame sliders as well as a tank guard which for some reason the previous two owners didn't do. This would have saved me from having to deal with some of the cosmetic issues if they had.

But anyways, I'm here and will be enlisting the help of this forum to get me up to speed on the mechanical and electrical of this bike.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys provide. I promise to read and search before asking. If I ask, please know that I searched first and didn't find what I was looking for. If what I was looking for was indeed already there, then please just point me to where the info is rather than flame me. I am a cycle squid...not a forum squid. ;-)

Thanks again and hope to meet a few new friends here!

Here is a link to a photo album containing pictures of my bike as it was when i bought it. The ones where the lights are on are after my first additions ( a couple of bulbs).

https://plus.google.com/photos/100594149314201873101/albums/5680570742783698289?hl=en

--Matt

Last edited:

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the best forum on earth RCPMg33k!! :steve:
You'll definately find all the help you need/want and with that a lot of cool guys (and gals) too :BLAA:

:needpics:
So post up some of them!! :D

Grtz,

Degake

Cameronhall

Reaction score
Visit site
Cameron 2006 FZ6 (naked) purchased from forum member FAZR6. located in central va. looking for any locals wanting to ride. need help on starting a post?

7.62fmj

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys ... last February I bought a 2009 FZ6 S2, 2,900 miles to be my winter hack. So far it has heated grips, flyscreen, pazzo levers, R&G bar ends, frame sliders, fork protection, Pro Bolt st/st stuff all over, Leo Vince carbon cans. I ride everyday, 20,000 miles per year minimum ... have had many, many bikes. I like Yamaha but I'm currently thinking of binning my stable to buy a bunch of Triumphs. I feel like being supportive of the UK and I love those triples.

massaudio

Reaction score
Visit site
IDave.TX sorry for the late reply. If I would have bought this a while back, I would be able to ride with you !! I was stationed at Ft. Hood for 5 years. I will have the bike down there this summer as My wife is from the Round Rock area !! motojoe - If you end up out this way, shoot me a message bro !! Have allot of friends out here that ride :)
photo.php
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...113139015.59145.100001534857594&type=3&theate

Last edited:

macielneto

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

I'm Mac from São Paulo, Brazil, i got a FZ6 N.
I'm here to change exp. and make good friends.
If you guys need any information about here, i'll be glad do help.
:thumbup:

RCPMg33k

Squid
Reaction score
www.azpeacemakers.com
Welcome! I'm relatively new here as well as you can see from my original post up above. I can tell you that these guys (an girls) are all VERY knowledgeable and very nice. It's a pretty good forum for this bike. I think they've pretty much dissected the the entire bike from year one to current! I hope you find all you need here...and if you dont...just ask. :)

:welcome:

Btw got pics of the bike?
:needpics:

scottyblumps

Keep it on 2
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey,

My name is Scott from NYC and I bought the bike in the fall 2007 FZ6. Converted her to a Naked and love it. Put her away 2 weeks ago :(

Three pictures

When I bought her,
After the conversion,
Now with new mirrors.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Dumas

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi my name is Richard Dumas..Currently have no bike rode a Ninja 500 and i sold her. I am shopping for an FZ6 so i decided to join the forum.

not4us

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,
Been "lurking" on these forums for a few weeks and thought I'll register and introduce myself.
My name is Jorge and I live in Sydney, AUSTRALIA. I have been riding bikes since I was 12 back in Spain with a few gaps here ant then and recently got back into the bike scene.
Last June I got myself a brand new Kawasaki Z750 and only a month later both me an my wife got taken out by a stupid taxi driver.
Suffice to say I wasn't happy and neither was my wife who, to start with, was very reluctant of going on the back of the Zed as it's not he best bike for two up.
To cut a long story short, I decided to sell the Z750 and buy something more practical and pillion friendly so after having a long look in the market and test riding a lot of different bikes I have settled on the FZ6
I prefer the naked one but I think I'll get an 2006 S as I'm about to close a very good deal on one, with less than 30K on it, Two Bros pipes, PCIII, dyno tuned and with lower fairings and tail tidy.
Was looking at getting a 2007+ model to get the better brakes, forks, swing arm and speedo, but after making some enquires I'll be getting the 2006 and sourcing 2008 forks, brakes and swing arm for less than $1000AUD.
Anyway, just thought I'd say g'day and thank everyone in here for all the input and advice you guys give.
Now to make my introduction on the Australian sub-forum...

Downs

Touring Jarhead
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there. I'm Josh soon to be a 2007 FZ6 owner. My FJR was recently totaled and with the insurance money I'm going to pick up an FZ6 and turn it into an FJLite with hard luggage and various other touring goodies.

Here's a pic of my recently deceased FJR before and after lol.

268851_2223819161119_1416956060_32596594_661633_a.jpg

389437_2921391479991_1416956060_33149842_188813692_a.jpg

:Flash:

cranduit

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm Rich from Indiana. Just picked up a 2009 yesterday with 3300 miles. It's my second bike, coming from a 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre and just figured I'd try something different to see if I like the more sporty side of things.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the forum all!

We had a server crash recently so there may be a few glitches so bare with us.
You won't find a better group of members and staff

Dartanubis

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys im kipp from Memphis TN just recently fixed my Fz6 after someone pulled out in front of me and been using your site for aftermarket parts to add to my bike instead of going back all stock and thought i might aswell join since this site has been so helpful to me.

I own a 04 Silver FZ6

Last edited:

GOBO rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all. Just bought a 2006 FZ6, red. Thanks to this site,I learned that the stock handlebars are unacceptable, so ordered the F1....lol.

Looking forward to visiting this site often, and maybe make a few friends as well.

zeke

Reaction score
Visit site
Lurked around for a few weeks while looking for a bike.

Picked up a 2006 FZ6 today. I took it for a test ride on Dec 26 but just got the deal done. I'm in the mountains of Pa so it will be a couple of months till I get to do any real riding on it.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:zeke! Great forum with great people. :rockon:
ATGATT All The Gear All The Time! :D