New member welcome thread..

badpuss

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, my name is Jeff and I bought an 86 FZ600 for my son's first bike. I have been riding for 35 + years and my son is now out from under his mom's apron strings and we plan on doing some father/son riding.

I bought the bike a summer ago and my son and I have been going through the bike getting it ready for some autumn riding. Rebuilt the fuel tap, new frt M/C, repainted the exhaust, plugs, oil change, went through the carbs and a couple gaskets here and there. Come winter we'll probably put some valve seals in, maybe some clutch fibers and check the valves.

Its a nice clean bike with 17000 miles on the clock and my son just finished his MSF course so we should be on the road in a couple weeks.

Heres a couple pics of the bike.

fz600004.jpg

fz600003.jpg

fz600002.jpg

fz600001.jpg

faseljd

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello my name is Jack. Looking into buying an 04 FZ6 naked, I currently ride a 08 Suzuki B-King and want something for those days that I want to stay out of trouble.

Last edited:
D

Dave.TX

Welcome, Jeff & Faseljd!

Jeff, that bike looks outstanding! For 25+ years old it looks brand new!!

ykbell09

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
Hi all ... I am a recent covert from Suzuki to Yamaha, and my first Yamaha is a 2009 FZ6 (midnight blue---I'm told it is the faster color?). I still love my GSX-R, however, the FZ6 is a bike that I can ride all day, and commute on and still walk the next morning. I've had it now for almost two weeks and already love it!

I've been riding for just over three years now, and am always looking for advice, tips and trisks. My hubby is a former small-time racer and avid motorcyclist, however, I'm sure you can all understand that sometimes getting advice from your spouse can be frustrating .. haha. Also, this is our first Yamaha between the two of us, and we can always appreciate the wisdom of other experienced Yamaha owners!

Captain not sure

Reaction score
Visit site
HI every one ....
I'm Majdi Doghouz
I Know ...My name is freakin weird! lol
any ways...ppl call me Doghouz ( as in house of dog )
I used to live in New Jersey now I live in San Diego cali.... moved here about three months ago. still can't find twisties in cali :( not like we had in Jersey... but I'll keep lookin.
I've had my 06 fz6 ( fast blue one as well lol) for about a month and a half and like every one here I'm in love with it.
I'm very new to this kind of site so I'm still learning how to use it.
hey ppl in south cali !! pm me ! lets go for a ride.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to the forum! Also :welcome:eek:ther new members that have recently joined up! :BLAA:

Oh my poor San Diego Brother! You have no idea do you! Hahaha! LOL! There are some of the best roads you can ride here! :rockon:

I will send you a PM so we can hook up!

Shortybiker

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello from another new Member,

Hi I'm Shortybiker as you can guess from my username, I'm one of those who is vertically challenged, so it's nice to be able to sit on a bike and not have to mod it to get my feet down. Well I can't flat foot the bike but I'm not on tiptoes either.

I live in the UK and I have been riding now just over ten years, most of my bikes have been twins so this is my first inline 4 other than the direct access bike I learnt and did my test on, which was a Yamaha Diversion 600. So as I only got my FZ6 Fazer S2 in May of this year, it's registered as an eleven plate although they stopped making them in 09 I believe so has been sitting in a dealership for a couple of years, it's the Power Blue version.

I'm still very much getting use to the bike as it has very different engine characteristics to the twins I've been use to, but I am enjoying it.

Regards

AndyM

Sharpy666

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys my name is Lee and I live in Suffolk u.k I've got a 2007 fz6n in orange and I love it.... I drive a hgv lorry by day and the bike by night well when I'm not on my xbox or playing footy, I live with my girlfriend Emma and she's got a Suzuki rv125 vanvan..... Very nice and clean bike..... Thanks for listening and I'll hopefully speak to you all soon.... Bye for now!!!

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Gday Rob,welcome from another naked rider (er,bike, not the other)
Anyway you'll find folks here really helpful, and the stuff that gets covered is really broad, but always interesting....you hit the best forum
Cheers
adrian

Sent from the phone: sorry 'bout my spileng, fat fingers...you know!

Nevstah

Reaction score
Visit site
hey all

i've just joined today. i ride a red fz6 '2006' model with fairing and scorpions

just moved to the newmarket area (UK) and still trying to find my way around! maybe i'll bump into some of you before too long (not literally of course!)

nev

Spiritualised

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, new to forum today, just found you, some really good/useful stuff on here. Had my 2004 FZ6 since June, great machine, made short work of 250 miles on a trip last Saturday.

cheers all.
S.

Spunner

Reaction score
Visit site
After searching high and low finally found the FZ600 of my dreams:cheer:
The original owner tore it down and rebuilt everything, just a couple plastics issues to resolve me happy:thumbup:

Last edited:

Nikkim83

Reaction score
Visit site
What's going on FZ6 community! Names Nikki. Been riding all of three months and have loved every minute of it. My first bike (and only, so far) is the Dark Blue 2009 FZ6. Bought my girl brand new with zero miles and have since put 3200 on her.

I was referred to this site via another forum community, so here I am checking it out. Hope it isn't as trolled as most forum sites!