New member welcome thread..

Black_Cirrus

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got a Blue 06 FZ6 1616 miles when I took it home. 2nd bike had a Ninja 500 for the last almost 5 years. I think one of my best friends is gonna take off my hands, so a built in riding buddy:rockon:. Should be able to double the mileage this year. plans for the rest of the week include hacking off rear fender.

Last edited:

fazed_ya

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry guess I should of done this aswell. Im Patrick. I live in concord bc and have a 07 fz6 I love it its not my first bike but it is the only one I love.

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Phill and im from East Lansing, MI. I just bought a brand new '09 FZ6 about a month ago.

IMG_5361.jpg

She is pretty dirty lol. I just washed her a couple days ago but shes already covered in bugs.

It didnt even have the 5 miles that the dealer is supposed to put on new bikes. Even though it was a leftover, I couldnt get the dealer to go down at all in price so I didnt really get that great of a deal on her (but it doesnt really matter). This bike was a replacement for my 2001 ZX6R, which I traded in to buy the FZ. I will admit, I wasnt actually planning on buying an FZ6 originally, but I decided that the FZ is a great all around bike and am very happy with my choice. Ive already done a few quick mods-

Painted the windscreen (from the inside)
Added a Ram GPS mount for my Nuvi

IMG_5388.jpg

Added a 12 volt plug- I actually had this on my ZX6R but I modified it to use the SAE plug from the battery tender pigtail. I used to have it hooked up directly to the battery and an inline fuse on the old Ninja.

IMG_5380.jpg

Also, If anyone else uses a Garmin, check out the Garmin website. You can download vehicles and one of them looks just like an FZ6! I took a pic so you can see.

IMG_5381.jpg

I already have 1900 miles on this bike and im really happy. It is seriously an under-rated motorcycle!

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So many new members! This is what the forum needs - an injection of new, proud FZ6 owners :rockon:

:welcome: all and remember, ATGATT, ride your own ride, post often and post lots of pics

PS: The Aussie members on here are he best ;)

:cheer:

jalawson

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and I am planning on replacing my current bike ('82 KZ 440) with an '07 FZ6 with roughly 5,000 mi for $4000. I can't wait to get the bike!

dysfoundation

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone
I'm Andrew and I've been lurking for a few weeks and I've decided to introduce myself lol
I currently own a blue 09 fz6 Which I love to death. I bought her brand new out of the crate with less than a mile on it. I've owned 2 bikes before but this is. Definitely my favorite!!
62f91791-2f0f-ab74.jpg

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk

kilgore_trout

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm Tim. I've been lurking for quite a while, and finally decided to sign up. I've got a black 2008 FZ6, and I love it. It's my second bike; I rode a 1985 Suzuki GS450L for several years, and stepped up to the FZ this spring. The FZ is like a rocket compared to the old GS! I'm still learning the bike's quirks (grabby clutch), and I love it more with each ride.

See you 'round the intertubes.:Sport:

T

TheBlackSheep

Hello Everyone!

My name is Jesse, I'm from Fallbrook, Cali. I just bought my first bike it's a 2009 Raven FZ6. I bought her on 5/26/2011 she was left over inventory. It was love at first site. I have completed a rider safety course endorsed by the CHP (California Highway Patrol). I will have pics up as soon as possible. As far as mods, I want to upgrade my headlights And that's about it for now

Fahren

Reaction score
Visit site
Not really a new member more a (ive just remembered my password member lol) that and since losing my FZ600 in a smash back in 2009 ive turned to the darkside!!....was looking at getting a 1999 FZ6 in red but saw a 1999 CBR900RRX in red less mileage for same price!! as ive always wanted to try out a Blade i bought it over the Yam...( i know i can feel the bad vibes lol) gotta say im not dissapointed with the Blade so far...still love Yams, Honda and Yams have been the 2 bikes ive owned over the years....

suter

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, my name is Marcin. I live in Fairfield county, CT.

I just go 2008 black FZ6 few days ago. Before, for w while I was riding 250R that now my wife will be riding on :)

From my short ride so far I noticed that FZ6 is much heavier bike (it was a pain to put it on and off the truck), but more stable once it's rolling.

Flesh

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm from sunny Dunfermline in Scotland and new to the Forum. Not new to Yamaha's having had 2x FZS600's (MkI & MKII), 3 x FZS1000's and I currently own a FZ1 Fazer.
I have just bought my first '09 FZ6 S2 to use as my "commuting bike" so looking forward to trawling around to find the best mods....starting with a new screen.

DigitalOverride

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Current 1996 Suzuki GSF600N rider (listens for the "boo hiss" of the crowd) here, contemplating a switch to a 2009 Yamaha FZ6 S2 ABS.

Absolutely loved the 2007 FZ6 S2 ABS I did my certification on, but as with so many other things in life it was a bit too rich for my taste two years ago.

Got the '96 Bandit two years ago and have been riding it since, getting comfortable with some basic riding concepts and growing more confident in my abilities as a rider, I feel the time has come to make the switch. Fortunately, the financing is also a lot easier now, so I'll be buying my first leathers at the same time too.

Nice to see there is a whole dedicated community to the fizzers; I look forward to delving in head first.

Martin

BRO

Between Birth & Death
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Im BRO

I treat cancer in Cairns and love my recently acquired FZ6N. While my job can be sad and awful at times, its jumping on the bike at the end of the day that makes the world just seem perfect.

Looking forward to posting as much as I can and loving this bike.
BRO

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Aaah the bike! Love em.... they are excelent.. Like you, I love getting on it at the end of the day, but im sure your day is harder than mine. Thanx for what you do for others, you.ll find eveyone here looks outfor each other to.
Great advice a n d knowledge

Welcome

Sent from the phone: sorry 'bout my spileng, fat fingers...you know!