New member welcome thread..

sandr5

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Karen!

Thanks for the welcome :)

yes, i have noticed that trend LOL - but hey, we can have just as much fun as the guys ;) I'm very excited about my recent mods, albeit small things, but still fun for me lol :D

Look forward to getting to know everyone - thank you again :)

hk_fz6_05

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone
I'm Hal. I'm originally from Denmark, but currently stationed in the middle of the Atlantic.
Just got my first job after uni (I'm a doc), first couple of paychecks, first bike - a silver 2005 FZ6 in outstanding condition. And let me just state for the record Blue is not faster than Silver :D
Also I'm prbly the tallest dude I ever saw on a motorcycle - 206cm and almost 100kgs.
I looooove my bike although I have not had nearly enough road time with it and I'm already addicted to doing little bits of modding here, there and everywhere. Very much looking fwd to doing my first "big" one - BD43 dual heads :D

this is such a cool place that has already helped me out a great deal. Once I get my hands on my bike again - pics will be forthcoming.:BLAA:

Ross63

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm a new member from North Yorkshire in the UK. Originally from Scotland, I am now living in England and have just passed my "big bike" test last Friday. I've been riding smaller bikes, most recently a Yamaha YBR 125 for about the last 10 years and thought it was about time I bit the bullet and gave myself the chance to get onto something a bit bigger and more capable.

I passed my test on a Honda CBF 600 and I've been looking at 600cc category bikes for about 6 months now. I initially wanted a Honda Hornet but after sitting on one, I wasn't impressed with the riding position. Other candidates have been the Kawasaki Z750S, Suzuki SV650 and Bandit, Yamaha XJ6F Diversion, Triumph Street Triple and a few others.

I'm happy to say that I collect my 2006 FZ6S-ABS Fazer tomorrow. I can't wait!!!!

Greenbunch

Reaction score
Visit site
Good on you Ross63, daughter rides Ybr125 she loves it, I'm from Derbyshire near Matlock bath I run a fz6 that I've had for 5 years and still goes really well with no prob's, and a Deauville for touring with wife. Just take care initially or it will bite your ass, lol but enjoy a awesome bike..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk by Greenbunch

Ross63

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Greenbunch!

The YBR is a great little bike. Mine is an 11 plate with only 1000 miles. I bought her new from Chorley Yamaha centre, the same place I'm getting the FZ6 from.

I'll take it nice and easy at first, don't want to trash my new pride and joy.

Zelbe

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone!
Im from a new member from Lake Perris California. ive been riding since i was 16 and I own an awsome blue 07 fz6. I upgraded from a 02 savage 650 to the fz when i graduated highschool. ive been viewing this site for years and thought i should get more involved. im looking foward to sharing/chating with others. :Flash:

apo

Reaction score
Visit site
Hai everybody! I am Apo, from Poland. I am 21 years old man who is looking for bike: fz6 or sv650! Thanks!

TheBrianJames

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey I am Brian from Colorado, USA. I bought a blue 2007 FZ6 about a week ago and love it. I was injured in the military so I love the sport touring feel of the bike. This is my second bike after getting rid of my GSX750 in December. Mods I have so far: Led turn signals, smoked wind screen, frame sliders, and raised bars. I hope to be adding to that list, mainly with touring items. See y'all around!

visions

THAT guy
Reaction score
Visit site
:Flash: Hi all, I just got my 2006 FZ6 yesterday, 7500 miles. Its my second/third bike my first was a Yamaha YZF600r and Im also building up a 1972 CB350.

Who can point me to some good threads for converting it naked? Looking into the FZ16 headlight I think... Links to online stores, anything.

The only thing Im not happy with on the FZ6 is the suspension but Im guess Ill have to work that out later, maybe a fork swap or new springs at least, definitely a rear shock... I got used to the sportiness of my other bike and I miss it.

cdubyamn

Reaction score
Visit site
New to riding. Just got a 2009 FZ6 3 weeks ago, brand spanking new black. Had 1 mile on it when I left the dealer and now has 1180. I am LOVING the bike so far. Just wish rainy Minnesota would allow me to ride more.

My name is Cory, but you can refer to me as cdub on the forum. I am from Delano, Minnesota. This is my first bike, new to riding, have only had my endorsement for about 3 weeks.

I am pretty mechanically inclined so I plan to do most maintenance on my bike myself, so you will see me on the forum pretty frequently looking for help. I hope this forum is filled with people who know what they are talking about so I can learn.

If anyone is in Minnesota and ever wants to go riding, IM me or something. I am always looking for a group ride to go on.

stuwhite

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi I am a new member living in the uk owning a 2004 FZ6s
previous bike 2000 fzs600
going to ride thro Spain next year but need a touring screen as standard screen too low
can anyone help me ?
regards Stu White

Full Throttle

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys! I purchased my Fz6 about 3 weeks ago now. I am in LOVE! This is my first bike and wish I would have gotten into it earlier in life. Happy I didn't because I probably would have killed myself. I have a lot of plans for the bike so I think I need a second job. 600 miles on the bike when I bought it, 1100 now. I'm outside of Trenton, NJ

wvnurse

Reaction score
Visit site
hi brand new rider just got my bike today a 2007 FZ6 blue a little scary but also fun any tips for new riders are extremely welcome thanks

Reaction score
www.remispowersystems.com
Hello!
I'm from Wisconsin where the roads are great for riding most of the year (between snowfalls!) I have a 2008 FZ6 in the fast Blue color! Love it! Last summer my fiance rode it more than I did...so I had to buy him one of his own. Of course, I bought him an older and slower model (2004 Silver FZ6).
He posted the video tonight of his Christmas present...check it out!

Thanks for havin me!
Mel

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:Kevin and Mel! to our great family! :BLAA:

Mel,
You are a sweetheart!