New member welcome thread..

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

Just picked up a leftover 2009 Black FZ6. I used to ride a Triumph Bonneville T100 but wanted to pick up something comfortable that had more power and could be fun to ride on the weekends.

Within the first 2 weeks of ownership I've already bought Motovation frame sliders, BD43's headlight mod cable, FAZR6's fender eliminator, a set of Watsen flush mounts for the front (unfortunately they have a 4 week lead time!), and a set of clear rear lenses from Motolume. Up next is a carbon fiber Scorpion exhaust.

I absolutely love the bike, and am happy I didn't go straight to the FZ1. Seems to be a great all around machine!

-Nick

Pa fz6

100 miles and runnin'
Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings from South Central PA!

Got my 07 FZ6 on April 15th. Baby was born on April 16th. Talk about under the wire. Love the bike. Been riding since last year and I started with a Buell Blast. Quite a difference from a single cylinder thumper to an inline 4!!! I ride every chance I get so anyone in SC Pennsylvania or northern MD hit me up on a PM.

:america
:Sport:

spuddy01

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey there everyone,
My name is PJ & i live in Ireland & have just got my first fz6 and it's a 04 silver model :thumbup:

Darth Fazer

formerly Anakin StarRider
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, my name is Chris & I reside near Tupelo, MS. The bikes of my past in chronological order are: '78 Kawasaki KZ1000, '83 Honda Shadow VT750C, '01 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000A16, '04 Hyosung Comet GT250, '00 Yamaha Road Star XV1600AS & as of 2 days ago, a brand-new '09 Yamaha FZ6! As you can see, my bikes of choice had jumped around quite a bit, but after all of my experience & research I settled on the FZ6 as my "forever bike". I like the UJM personality & it has & features that are almost exstinct (centerstand, one piece seat, sensible riding position, etc). I love the half fairing because I can see my engine, don't have to take 30 pounds of plastic off to change the oil & get decent weather protection. So, I'm changing my allegiance from "RoadStarClinic.com" to "FZ6-Forum.com"!

M

MaNickles

Hello all excited to be here motorcycle endorsement class and will be going to the DMV for my new license. I had a few questions
I am looking to get my first bike :BLAA: and my old roommate is selling his FZ6 2007 to me wanted to get a guess on what i should offer him? It has never been layed down and has 4800 Miles regular oil changes and a new rear tire put on it before the summer started. No major modifications new gel seat and a back tinted windshield along with saddle bags.

What do you think?
He suggested $3500 seems like a fair deal to me. He Just bought a new bike.

What should i look for in getting a used bike and what things to check for in trying out used bikes.

Thanks
ANthony

rolliew

Reaction score
Visit site
Newbie here, 2008 with a thousand miles on it. First ride to work today.
DSCN5903.jpg

jjjjime

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone, I'm James, will turn 23 in July and born and raised in Phoenix. Just started posting here after just trolling around reading for a while.

I got my FZ6 about 2 years ago, and I've been on two trips. One from Phoenix to Oklahoma City during the winter, and from Phoenix to Los Angeles just last week.
Huge MotoGP fan, go to Laguna Seca every year. Just looking for some riding buddies and for a place to go with my bike questions.

sdawg17

Reaction score
Visit site
ello, fz6 rider as of yesterday. I'm only 18 so forgive me for being almost technically retarded over the next few posts.. I started out on a 50cc scooter (**** my life), sold it behind my parents' backs and bought a 1978 yamaha dt 250 (bad decision.), broke that then went to college in san francisco to run out of money and come back to sunny socal. I picked up an 05 suzuki gs500 for $1700 and put another grand into that lemon before tossing it for my new baby: you guessed it, an 06 fz6. Original owner crashed it, so the guy I bought it from took off the broken fairing and made it all nice and naked. Considering it's missing the instrument cluster, has a fat dent on the gas tank, and one of the rear fairings it black while the rest of the bike is maroon, I still got a good deal for only $2100. :cheer: I look forward to learning about this powerful little bike and getting some advice as how to make it pristine considering it's borderline wrecked. adios!

hellfiredge

Reaction score
Visit site
well i went in to the dealer today to put a down payment on the bike for them to hold/build it ( i was getting a 2011 FZ6r) and i did a double take on a BRAND NEW 09 fz6 that " they had just found crated up in the warehouse"
0 miles.... for 6400... my down payment went to the 09. so here in a few days be and my Blue FZ6 will be joining the family.

Uniboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

My name is Josh and I am now the proud owner of a 2005 FZ6N. I live near Bristol in the UK and I’m currently studying a BEng in Engineering! I’ve always loved motorbike and I’m a BIG fan of the naked/streetfigher FZ6 BEAutiful bikes!

Regards

J

jordanbikes84

Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings from Greece!!!!!!
My name is Jordan and i have a 2008 fz6 fazer s2 (or just fz6 for the states).
Fazer is my first serious bike and i still can't get enough of this jap beauty.:cheer:
Truly happy to be here!!!

ansaguy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all -

I've been flipping through the forums and thought I'd introduce myself. I just purchased a 2007 fz6 with 6,400 miles on it. I'm getting back into riding after 9 years. I used to have a Ninja zx6 and rode for about 2 years back then. I got my license finally about 3 years ago, and now I've got a bike to go with it. I pick it up this week some time, and plan to do the naked conversion this coming winter. Either that, or with some of the downtime due to the lovely weather here in Rochester. Anyway, hello!

bl9dside

Reaction score
Visit site
hi everyone. if someone could please help me out.... i just changed my oil for the first time since i bought the bike. it has 6500 miles on it, 2004. i bought full synthetic, and its supposed to be the best. 14$ a quart. but anyway my problem is that the manual says with the filter being changed, the bike takes 2.96 quarts of oil. the oil that i'm using says each thing is 1.05quarts... so obviously i put almost 3 bottles in. yet, the dip stick is reading wayyyy over the full mark, like almost an inch over.. what do i do?!!!!? drain some out? is something wrong with my bike? i just bought it 4 days ago. please someone help. thanks

markd

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys after having my bandit stolen just waiting for insurance payout next week and shall be buying 1999Fazer 600 fzs, with high end race can,dynojet phase 1, and K&N filter, can anyone give me anidea of what topend speed likely to be, as been told could do 160 as been race tuned.

thanks

markd