New member welcome thread..

ctbandit

Fazer, don't even know er
Reaction score
Visit site
What are you doing for a track day? Reiobard and I live close to NHMS, and often go there, and know many of the control riders for a few of the track day organizations that run there.

I'll be running with Tony's Track Days on June 21st. Can't wait! It'll be my 8th(?) day with them. looking forward to it.

Rreynolds

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all, my name's Rich and I'm the proud new owner of a red 2006 FZ6. It's been 15 years since my last bike but I've already started commuting to work on it 2-3 times a week, rain or shine. Granted I'm in Seattle and I started at the end of winter, so I haven't actually ridden in the sun yet. Or seen the sun now that I think about it. Why do I live here again?

Fishwiz4

Reaction score
Visit site
My name is Steve and I joined the forum a couple weeks ago when i bought my FZ6. it is my first street bike (i know it might not have been the ideal first bike, but it was so beautiful that i coudn't resist).

anyways.... here it is. its an '06 with 23K miles. i have looked over it pretty well, and it appears to have been taken care of well. i know that these bikes can go for a long time if they are taken care of. i have a little over 100miles on it (it has been cold and rainy and snowy for the past couple weeks). I live in a smaller town just south of Fargo, ND.

I love the bike, and can't wait for the weather to clear up.

and.... it would be a terrible introduction if i didn't post a picture. it is not that clean and this was taken with my phone.

FZ61.jpg

Last edited:

Darken Dioxen

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello FZ6 forum!

been bopping around the forum for a few minutes looks like a great and international group!

Just bought an 07 FZ6 and so far have been totally impressed. Looks good handles great, comfortable to ride.

This is my second bike, after not riding for years I decided to get back, and couldn't bring my self to a full on sport bike, or Cruiser, this seemed to fit both bills, comfort and performance!

I have noticed that it is the least photogenic bike I have seen...it is SOOO much better looking in person then in pictures!

Personally I am 41 and in sales (to Financial institutions so don't worry). Looking for ward to another up and down summer in Rochester Ny!

Thank you all!

Darken

Atanur

Reaction score
Visit site
just joined the site after pretty much buying my bike from my brother for 1k lol. its an 07 with 23k miles on it. i think it was pretty much a good deal on my end.

Salty

Jeff
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,

Bought home my first FZ6, 2007 with 3K on clock, today. Finishing up MSF beginner class and will try to not ask many noob questions (I know how to use the "search" function :thumbup: ).

jeff

ph0xx

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all! Been lurking around the site for a little while so I thought I'd finally say hello. I bought an '04 FZ6 a little over a month ago and have been having a lot of fun on it. It's my first street bike and I feel like it was a great choice. It's got around 9200 mi on it and seems like it has been well taken care of over the years.

From what I've seen so far, it looks like people here are real nice and helpful. Looking forward to being part of the community.:thumbup:

TCormier

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, TC here. I have the same name on Sportbikes.net if anyone is a member over there. Just thought I'd move on over to an FZ6 specific forum!

Picked up a 2009 a few weeks ago (April 17th). Currently sitting at 1.5K on the clock! This is my second bike, after coming from a CBR600, and boy do I love the FZ6 over the CBR!!! My CBR is still my baby, but she is nothing compared to my FZ6!

Sadly, I did go down in the parking lot doing some practice drills the other day. Fortunately, with it being an FZ6, only a little bit of rash occurred on the bike (or me for that matter, ATGATT!). Glad to be here!

goanookie

Reaction score
Gent - Belgium, Paris - France, Oslo - Norway, Gro
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm from Gent in Belgium but currently moved out of the city. Currently got 28K km done on the FZ6 S2, which I find not bad for only having the bike for 2 years. Each time I'll get the feeling you really can drive it around a pole. And once you git the 10K rpm it really kicks ass.

The FZ6 is my second bike, crashed the first one, a cb900 hornet, stupid car cutting me off ...

Also updated my garage on the forum here, so check it out.

Greets
Peter

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to all of you new members! This a great forum with lots of help and friendly folks. Please enjoy our great community and post often!:D

_steve

Reaction score
Visit site
steve from Burbank, CA

Hello!

Glad I found this site, I just got my 1st FZR last week! It's a 97 600r, blue. It has some minor damage to the left side fairing and the left side of the front (previous owner dropped). 16k miles, $1650 USD....I'm pretty pumped to learn more about it.

I'm used to classic bikes, and I've owned:

82 yamaha XJ650RJ seca (pictured)
82 honda cb900f super sport (pictured)
97 suzuki gs500e

My last bike, the gs500, I crasheddd running into a person who made a left in front of my at an intersection :( I was doing 35, but walked away without a scratch....full gear :)

I'm VERY happy with the speed and handling of my bike...it is definitely as fast if not faster than my 82 900f... a lot lighter too!

I'm probly gonna take my new fzr in for a tune up soon... I don't know much about the newer bikes....I'm such a noob when it comes to where stuff is, etc. Would anyone recommend getting anything else checked other than a normal tune up? I wanna take good care of this one.

Also....for the fairing, would anyone recommend trying to buy a used one (from like a bike junkyard, craigslist, etc) or should I replace with one of those brand new replacement ones you can buy online?? I'd want to avoid painting it....It doesn't have to be in perfect condition, and I like the semi old school paint it has.

also, I need a new seat, both main and the back pad....anyone recommend a decently priced way to get a new one? are seat cowls made anywhere for cheap (is a seat cowl worth it??)

Thanks and help is much appreciated :)

_steve

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Re: steve from Burbank, CA

I can only remember one other FZR600 on here and it was a basketcase project. This forum is mostly about the 2004+ FZ6. By all means, welcome! But don't get upset if no one can answer your questions. We don't know your bike is all.