New member welcome thread..

Havok3c

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello! New guy here, i just got home with my 2007 FZ6 and wanted to join some fans so here i am. Look forward to being a part of the community.

Krazyjohnny

Reaction score
Visit site
Just picked up my first street bike in 20 yrs. 2009 FZ6S in black. Got it used with 1900 miles on it and it came sort of pre-farkled with the flush mount LED front turns and the integrated rears in the brake light as well as frame sliders, a Corbin seat, anodized valve stems, oil filler cap, and a factory cover. I need to add some Hyper lites to the rear and get one of those Hi-viz jackets so I can look like a tennis ball rolling down the street. Anyone got any links to mounting of the hyper lites on an FZ6? How about jacket preferences for summer time Texas riding. Looking at a Tourmaster with the liners. Got some Alpine Star Thunder gloves and some boots along with a Shoei 1100 helmet. Very pleased and need the jacket to be ready for the street.

Great forum.

great forum

mbandit

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello from the Great North Woods of New Hampshire! We're Mike and Bec and we quit the rat race a couple of years ago to buy a small rider friendly motel in the White Mountains. We're avid riders and just purchased an 04 FZ6 for Becs new ride. Ridin season is just about here and after a seat shavin and some fresh rubber we'll be out and about. I rode the baby fizzer home from Bangor and as the previous owner of a 05 FZ1, I was impressed.:thumbup: Now my Tuono has a serious playmate.

Fishwiz4

Reaction score
Visit site
I am a new member.... I live in a smaller community near Fargo, ND. I have wanted a bike for many years, but my dream has finally come true. A couple days ago i picked up a '06 FZ6 (blue of course). I only have a few miles put on it... it is in the garage now because it snowed again and the roads are crappy.

I have been a member on SBN for quite a while, but this forum seems to have alot more people that enjoy talking about this awesome machine.

I know there are a couple FZ6's around the Fargo area, and I have even seen one in Wahpeton. If anyone reads this that is in the area, send me a PM. mayeb we can meet up somtime for a ride.

-fishwiz4

dave6531

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,
This is my first post. I've had my 08 FZ6 for almost a year now. It's my first bike, bu ti used to work at a Yamaha dealer so I've ridden almost everything out there. hopefully I'll be able to unhook the bike from the battery tender and ride soon. The weather hasn't been very nice here in Everett, WA it snowed a few weeks ago.

:thumbup:

BlueFazer08

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone,
Names Josh from Texas, Ive had my 08 FZ 6 (in the fastest blue) since Feb. of 08. Put almost 40K on it so far and dont really see a reason to stop any time soon.

brettster1200

New to Yamaha - Former HD
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I just joined the forum last week, but more importantly I just got back from my first ride on the brand new 09 FZ6. I can't believe I waited so long to switch from the cruiser - I'm still breaking it in, but it was smooth, fast, and ultra comfortable.

I hope we can get a few Boston rides going this spring - that would be great

Pope Mobile

Von Skump
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all. I registered a couple weeks ago because I was looking at new bikes and wanted to get some info on the FZ6 (and see the pretty pictures).
I was torn between fixing my '01 SV650 or getting something else. After taking off the airbox and finding cracked fuel lines, rounded screws on the carbs & oil on and in the front cylinder, I decided a new bike was the better way to go (especially with a California trip coming in July).
Two days later I came home with a brand new 09. I've definitely noticed the difference in the powerband (still have to watch myself while breaking in the engine) but I'm loving it so far. The stock seat is so much better than the SV's. Already have 170 miles on it.
See you around Kitsap & Seattle!

ag_streak

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, ag_streak here.

Age 50, 31 years of riding, currently in Florida. I'm considering the awsomeness of the FZ-6 for my next bike. I've had 18 so far. All street and dual-sports. Mostly sport-tourers. Just sold an '09 Bandit 1250 today, and I also ride a DR 650. I've had two FZ-1's before.

I appreciate all the accumulated wisdom of everyone on this message board, and I'm looking forward to learning a lot from you guys! :rockon:

Ransom

Does anyone smell blue?
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Sounds like you will bring a good bit of experience to this forum.
Happy hunting for your FZ6!

AlxSTi

][\][ ][ ][/][
Reaction score
forums.nasioc.com
Hey everyone. My name is Alex and I'm from Delaware. I plan to pick up a '07 FZ6 this week. I'm new to the bike scene, but have been modding cars for years. I'm just looking for something new and to have a good time riding and being part of the community.

Is there anything to look for before purchasing a pre-owned FZ6 (other than the obvious)? The bike has less than 3k on the clock and basically stock.

timbo25

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey
My name is Tim from the sunny UK, im 49 tomorrow and picking up my FZ6 the day after, it's the fastest sexiest looking black 2007 model and i'm returning to biking after a 25 year abcence
I am married to the lovely Mandy and have a 16 year old son Jack who is very jealous :D
took the fazer for a test ride today and fell in love with it straight away
Roll on thursday

ctbandit

Fazer, don't even know er
Reaction score
Visit site
Ello!

Just joined recently after a lot of research on the 650r, fz6, and some other similar bikes. I sold my Suzi Bandit and picked a very clean 06 FZ6 about two weeks ago!

So far I haven't been able to ride it for squat, but I'm hoping to change that very soon and put some real miles on her. Already have a track day lined up in June and I'm salivating just thinking about it. Looking forward to to many good times with the FZ6 and hoping I can contribute here as well.

Cheers!

-Darek from southern Connecticut

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
Ello!

Just joined recently after a lot of research on the 650r, fz6, and some other similar bikes. I sold my Suzi Bandit and picked a very clean 06 FZ6 about two weeks ago!

So far I haven't been able to ride it for squat, but I'm hoping to change that very soon and put some real miles on her. Already have a track day lined up in June and I'm salivating just thinking about it. Looking forward to to many good times with the FZ6 and hoping I can contribute here as well.

Cheers!

-Darek from southern Connecticut

What are you doing for a track day? Reiobard and I live close to NHMS, and often go there, and know many of the control riders for a few of the track day organizations that run there.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone. My name is Alex and I'm from Delaware. I plan to pick up a '07 FZ6 this week. I'm new to the bike scene, but have been modding cars for years. I'm just looking for something new and to have a good time riding and being part of the community.

Is there anything to look for before purchasing a pre-owned FZ6 (other than the obvious)? The bike has less than 3k on the clock and basically stock.

:welcome: To the forum! There is a lot of great people and a wealth of knowledge here. Use the search feature and you should be able to find what you are looking for, if not, feel free to ask.

Im not sure how close you are to the ferry, but Im in Cape May, Nj. If you are up for a ride, either here or there, Im good to go! Again, :welcome:

Joe:thumbup:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A big :welcome: to all our new members :rockon:

Hey
My name is Tim from the sunny UK, im 49 tomorrow and picking up my FZ6 the day after, it's the fastest sexiest looking black 2007 model and i'm returning to biking after a 25 year abcence
I am married to the lovely Mandy and have a 16 year old son Jack who is very jealous :D
took the fazer for a test ride today and fell in love with it straight away
Roll on thursday

If you have nothing else to do Tim you could always join the UK/euro ride on the 10 of September seeing as its down your way :thumbup:.

Silky

Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings all. My name is Richard and I've had my fz6 for not quite three years now. It's a 2004 model and I am a 1933. My first bike was a 1930 Harley 80 cu in flat head. Ouch. Foot clutch, hand shift. I live and do most of my riding in and around the Town of Genesee, south eastern Wisconsin.