New member welcome thread..

omegaescobar

Reaction score
Visit site
New member here my name is Oscar I live in Jacksonville Fl and just got a 2009 FZ6 really excited about the bike its my first one and I love it. and yes is the fastest blue hahaah

bubbadg21

Reaction score
Visit site
hello everybody! new guy here! Just bought an 04 fzs600s (black and silver, fast enough for me!) my names jay i live in rapid city sd and i ride as much as i can. got lotsa questions for y"all so please answere or atleast give me some ideas lol

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
hello everybody! new guy here! Just bought an 04 fzs600s (black and silver, fast enough for me!) my names jay i live in rapid city sd and i ride as much as i can. got lotsa questions for y"all so please answere or atleast give me some ideas lol

:welcome: you'll love your fz6 and if you do a search you'll find most of your answers under mods. It also never hurt to ask questions!

monk930

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey there,

My name is Eric, and as of yesterday, I have an '06 FZ6. Quite a change from my 1996 Katana. :)
Now that I've got a mount with a more appropriate riding position, I'm looking forward to getting to do some roadtripping on it. Not to mention all the other modern wonders that come with 10 more years of technological advances.
Glad to be a part of the forum. I do love me some motorcycle forum action when I have questions or concerns... :D

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey there,

My name is Eric, and as of yesterday, I have an '06 FZ6. Quite a change from my 1996 Katana. :)
Now that I've got a mount with a more appropriate riding position, I'm looking forward to getting to do some roadtripping on it. Not to mention all the other modern wonders that come with 10 more years of technological advances.
Glad to be a part of the forum. I do love me some motorcycle forum action when I have questions or concerns... :D

:welcome: to the forum, and do you got pic's? You'll love the Fz6 like the rest of us!

FiZz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Everybody, I'm Lorenzo from Italy. Just got my S2 in competition white (used, but really virtually new) and right now it's stuck in the garage until the insurance papers come through (thank you very much, Italian bureaucracy).
I'm 28, work as a designer for an architect's firm here in Rome, and am very much looking forward to reading the forums - there's no way my baby is staying stock!

Zargof

MSF Instructor
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm Adam and I live in Central IL. I just purchased an 07 blue fz6. It is an massive upgrade from 84 honda magna. I teach MSF Rider classes on most weekends during the summer.

(907) fz-6

Reaction score
Visit site
Spring time in alaska. Time to put away the snowmachine's,and do the maintaince on the bike's. I have the red '07 fz-6,my wife has a '05 kawasaki
vulcan 750,my 10 yr old son has a '02 pw 80.A couple of more week's and we
will all be 2 wheeling:Sport:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Spring time in alaska. Time to put away the snowmachine's,and do the maintaince on the bike's. I have the red '07 fz-6,my wife has a '05 kawasaki
vulcan 750,my 10 yr old son has a '02 pw 80.A couple of more week's and we
will all be 2 wheeling:Sport:

Welcome, always great to have forum members up in Alaska, there is some of us who just might want to ride up there sometime.

Jayson

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I'm new to the site, but not to motorcycles.

I started riding in 2004, on a 1999 CBR600F4. I used that bike to learn on, crashed it a bunch, rebuilt it, painted it, got my race license, used it for track days, crashed it some more, rebuilt it, painted it, hit a deer, rebuilt it painted it and sold it.

While that was happening on the street I began racing with the Westwood Motorcycle Racing club here in British Columbia, Canada. Where over the last 5 years, I have progressed nicely, placing 2ND overall in Open Supersport and Superbike last year at the Intermediate level. I also was 2ND overall in the Western Canadian Championship (Mission (BC), Edmonton and Calgary (AB)), also at the Intermediate level for Open Supersport and Superbike.
I am currently racing a 2008 GSXR 750, and next year I will bumped up to the Expert level.

I am an Automotive Technician by trade and I recently started with a new dealership as a Shop Foreman. I currently commute 128km a day, so I was looking for an economical way to get to work (as opposed to my Suburban) and a motorcycle was a fun choice.

I settled on the FZ6 because of it's less aggressive riding position and the fact that it is relatively fuel efficient and cheaper on insurance compared to a "supersport" category bike.
I will have my (new to me) 2008 FZ6 in black (yes blue is faster, but black is hotter!!) a week tomorrow.

I am already planning the mod list, starting with a Two Brothers Carbon fiber set-up, heated grips, vest and powerlet equipped tank bag.... much more to follow... HID's, more carbon fiber, LED's, windscreen, wave rotors, R6 forks etc etc etc etc.....

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I'm new to the site, but not to motorcycles.

I started riding in 2004, on a 1999 CBR600F4. I used that bike to learn on, crashed it a bunch, rebuilt it, painted it, got my race license, used it for track days, crashed it some more, rebuilt it, painted it, hit a deer, rebuilt it painted it and sold it.

While that was happening on the street I began racing with the Westwood Motorcycle Racing club here in British Columbia, Canada. Where over the last 5 years, I have progressed nicely, placing 2ND overall in Open Supersport and Superbike last year at the Intermediate level. I also was 2ND overall in the Western Canadian Championship (Mission (BC), Edmonton and Calgary (AB)), also at the Intermediate level for Open Supersport and Superbike.
I am currently racing a 2008 GSXR 750, and next year I will bumped up to the Expert level.

I am an Automotive Technician by trade and I recently started with a new dealership as a Shop Foreman. I currently commute 128km a day, so I was looking for an economical way to get to work (as opposed to my Suburban) and a motorcycle was a fun choice.

I settled on the FZ6 because of it's less aggressive riding position and the fact that it is relatively fuel efficient and cheaper on insurance compared to a "supersport" category bike.
I will have my (new to me) 2008 FZ6 in black (yes blue is faster, but black is hotter!!) a week tomorrow.

I am already planning the mod list, starting with a Two Brothers Carbon fiber set-up, heated grips, vest and powerlet equipped tank bag.... much more to follow... HID's, more carbon fiber, LED's, windscreen, wave rotors, R6 forks etc etc etc etc.....

:welcome:, and that is a nice list!

Grouse

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all.
I have been reading the forum for a few days now and decided it was time to hello. I have had a 08 silver FZ6 S2 for last 6 months and only had 1800 miles on it when I got it. Now it has just short of 7000 I have changed the oil and filter twice and other than the K&N oil filter and a set of R&G frame sliders the bike is as stock.
As for myself I have been riding for close to 30 years and had 12 different bikes in that time. I live in NW of the UK and most of my riding is now commuting to work and back witch is 20mile in the rain or 50+ in the sun:BLAA:.
Any way enjoy your riding and stay safe.

Trev

Michiko

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi. My name is Mike and and I am from Minnesota. Just bought a new carryover 2009 FZ6 (Black) in February and haven't even ridden it yet! The winter here in American Siberia is really starting to mess with me. Am planning to pick it up at the dealership next weekend--weather permitting--and can't wait to get out on the road! I had been drooling over the bike since I first spotted it in the dealership last fall and was lurking on this site for a bit to get an idea of what owners really thought about the ride. Read a few independents reviews and talked to some owners here in MN and, needless to say, made the jump. Now it's all about waiting for the snow to melt.

How do you folks up in Canada handle the wait for spring?! :BLAA:

Last edited:

Mafuta

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello

My name's Matt, I'm from North Derbyshire in the UK, and I have one of the faster blue FZ6s. It's my first bike and I'd say it was great for newbies, easier to ride than the commuter 500 I did my lessons on, and then you get above 7000rpm......

Just changed the Maxxis tyres it came with (crap) with some Michelin Road Pilot2 and wow what a difference. Will have to get some wear close to the tyre edge now, no hiding behine the previous owner.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/images/smilies/UK flag.gif

g8rdude

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all,

I just joined this site, first post. I am 36, 37 next Saturday. First bike was an 04 1100 Vstar which I put 35k miles on. Traded it in for a 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner that has close to 36k and I'm still riding it. Started out with the MSF course 7 years ago and fell in love with riding. Most of my miles are around the city, but I've made a few trips to the Keys and to Gainesville along with a few 3-400 mile days.

I have been lurking on this site for a few weeks now and love what everyone is saying about the FZ6. I am looking for something more sporty and fun than my cruisers and the FZ6 sounds great. Been trying to sell/trade my liner for a few months now without much luck.

Doug