New member welcome thread..

Jaompr

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone, i'm a new member and picked up my 04 fz6 today. Got it fairly cheap but needs some love. Couple of questions.

The previous owner wanted streetfighter styling and i wanted stock so he more or less put everything as stock as possible. Im missing the inner dash plastics and have a broken right mirror. Whats the cheapest way to restore???

Also, theres a weird rattling noise that sounds increasing with velocity. Its like a constant click with split second intervals, any ideas??

Lastly, what the cheapest soft luggage setup i could get.

Btw, great forum and great follow up by everyone. Hope to meet some of you from south florida.

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the forum, and you'll love your fz6. :needpics:
if you could take some pics of your bike so we can tell you what you need to get to make it look like faired fz6 vs the street fighter. Ebay is a good place, and also here is a great place to find parts as well, since a few folks have converted naked fz6's.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone, i'm a new member and picked up my 04 fz6 today. Got it fairly cheap but needs some love. Couple of questions.

The previous owner wanted streetfighter styling and i wanted stock so he more or less put everything as stock as possible. Im missing the inner dash plastics and have a broken right mirror. Whats the cheapest way to restore???

Also, theres a weird rattling noise that sounds increasing with velocity. Its like a constant click with split second intervals, any ideas??

Lastly, what the cheapest soft luggage setup i could get.

Btw, great forum and great follow up by everyone. Hope to meet some of you from south florida.
:welcome:

Post a new thread, under "Bikes/Parts Wanted".

And look under the freebies section.

I'm sure you'll get something there.

Jaompr

Reaction score
Visit site
sorry, here are some pics of when i was picking it up. i already took out most of the horrible surfing stickers. i'm preety sure i got some work ahead fo me but thats kind of what i wanted. i previously had a gsx-r600 and a ducati monster 620 and didn't do a single real touring mile on them.

maybe the pictures don't really show the damage in the inner dash fairing but its missing every plastic and screw imaginable, plus missing front turn signals and the horn doesnt work.

i'm also not sure what the black bar on top of the handlebar is for.

thanks for the help. i promise better pictures soon.

rhldshadow

rhldshadow
Reaction score
Visit site
My name is Trapper i live in California. Up on the north coast. I just got my first bike 4 month ago. Its a 2005 fZ6 it was galaxy blue but i just painted it flat black. I've been working on it since i got it. I love the fz. I've rode my buddy's kawi. 636 and i'm so happy i got a fz!!! been on the forums for a little while. and everyone has helped out on little snags that i've hit on the way. so thanks. Trapper :welcome:

XTRAWLD

Reaction score
Visit site
I joined last week so I guess I should speak up for those that haven't read my thread yet!

I'm considering upgrading to an FZ from my little Ninja 250. I have 3 full seasons of riding under my belt and I'm ready to move up a little. I'm looking for a bike to do some touring on for a week or two every year and figure an FZ would be the best bet. Maybe to commute to work once a week as well.

After coming across an 04 with low mileage for a GREAT price, it was sorta snatched out from under us this weekend, due to a "paper work" issue. Anyway, I'm on the hunt for an 07 now that I learned that was the year they had the most improvements.

Everyone on this forum is so far extremely helpful and quick to respond. I love that! Thanks!

DavisFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I just joined the board and am 99% set on picking up a 2006 FZ6 this weekend. I'm in the Air Force and stationed in Northern Italy. The bike is about 7 hours from here in Germany so it will be an adventure from the start.

The bike is an 06, with only 3200 miles and paying $3200 for it. The owner has 2 other bikes as well hence the low miles. It's the red one and I'll try and get a pic to work on here.

I'm glad to have found the forum and already have some ideas on what I would like to do with it, some being; dual headlight mod (or Bi-Xenon Projectors), 12v or GPS hardwire for Garmin and mount if I can figure one out, frame sliders cause you never know when $hit will happen, fender elim kit and some flush turn signals up front. I think that will keep me busy for a little while.

I owned a 2001 R6 for about 4 years and put on about 20k miles, while stationed in NV and AZ. Haven't ridden since about 05 so taking the MSF course again at the end of March. Ok enough about me, here is a pic of the bike.

-TIM-
FZ6.sized.jpg

I'll take some nicer shots when I get it home.

eldiabloe1

Reaction score
Visit site
I am the FNG parts pusher for the new Scorpion Exhaust distributer. Just joined to follow everything going on with the FZ lines so I can keep up with the market. For now I ride a Triumph Street Triple but have an eye on the FZ8 as a second toy. The Scorpion Exhaust line is back in the U.S. so contact your local dealers if you have need or hit me with any questions you may have.

bluefazer

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi every 1! im Kenny from malaysia. I have a blue FZ6 2007.Hopefully can get some ideas in this forum 2 mod my ride. Thanks guys!

JLB93

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All, my names Jamie im 17 and from essex in the uk, the fz6 is my first big bike ive previously owned a yzf r125.

Last edited:

extreme601

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all!

I'm extreme601, I'm a student in Suffolk and run a Youtube channel for motorcycle riding (slash) talking random rubbish to the camera type stuff.

I've been riding a ZXR400 for a couple of years but just picked myself up a Blue/Black 2004 FZ6 :)

Really looking forward to lurking around the forum!

-e601.

Kenward

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone, I'm Kenneth!! I'm 23, and live in Tempe, Arizona. I'm a full time student, and I work full time as a sales associate at AT&T. I've been away from riding for a couple years, and I'm glad to say I'm FINALLY getting back to it!

My first bike was a 2008 Raven FZ6 that I bought brand new with no miles on the clock. Unfortunately, I ended up flipping the bike because I was careless and got some oily crap on the rear tire and didn't completely clean it off cuz I was in a hurry.

Wrecked it with 8,000 miles exactly, and a full tank of gas. Pissed. haha

DSC02756.jpg

DSC02765.jpg

I was wearing my gear so, thankfully, I still have a face!

DSC02743.jpg

So now, I'm picking up another *pristine* 2008 Raven this Friday with under 2,500 miles on it. I'm really excited, cuz I only wanted black, and this seems to be the only black one within 400 miles of me! haha

WP_000006.jpg

Right off the bat, I'll be picking up the all black Carbon TwoBros exhaust, lower cowl, and seat cowl. After I pay the bike off this summer I'll be getting some rearsets, and eventually doing a street fighter conversion.

So far this looks to be a great community, and can't wait to become part of it!

cjbrewer

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone Im Crisllene from Johns Creek, GA(approx. 20 miles north of Atlanta). I ride an 06 FZ6 in Red. Bought it brand new in 2006 with 4 miles on it and she currently has a little under 12,500 miles. I put 7K of those just last year when I moved 45 min from the north GA mountains.

hamwedges

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,

I figure its probably time i introduced myself, my name is Sam and im 24yo, from Sydney.
Ive been reading over the site for a month or so and have found it very informative *hi5's all round*
Anyway, i bought a stock 07 FZ6N with 4500km on it about 6 weeks ago, first bike ive ever owned already put 3000km on the clock. Loving it.
Oh, and mines definitely the fastest.
This is what it looks like (in case nobody's ever seen one)...

cookies

Reaction score
Visit site
OH HIA!
Im in brenham texas area, and i just got me a super fast BLUE FZ6 !! having some problems with it i think though.. i dunno ill use the "search" button first :p and hello everyone :)
:BLAA:

amanlisman

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm in France, have been living here for many years, and am the proud owner of a FZ6s 2004, bought second-hand a year ago with 14,000 km, now at only 19,000 km but using it more and more. Great versatile bike, but I would like more torque under 4000 revs.

I had a '96 Honda Seven-Fifty before which was also great but not so comfortable and with no wind protection.

I've just bought some GIVI V35 panniers and am trying to install them. I've found a useful pdf on this forum, but am discovering lots of interesting bits and pieces about the bike in general.

Am looking forward to partipating.

Appel de phares!

mattboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there, im Matt from Spain. new to this site and the FZ6 but not new to biking...............!
Having had numerous bikes/boats and cars.............my main passion are bikes and rally cars.
looking forward to hopefully giving some info and getting some too..!
Matt