New member welcome thread..

MoMo

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi !

I'm Mathieu from France near Paris and I'm a IT student.
I'm 22 and bought my fz6 S in mai 2010.

Last summer I did a road trip with some friends through France. Sun, mountains and fun, it was awesome !

See you on the road ! (why not :thumbup:)

perkz

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, I am Robert from San Diego CA with a Black 2009 FZ6 (not sure how fast, still breaking it in :). Having fun learning to ride but would like to reduce wind turbulance at my helmet when on the highway

bigbobmegadeth

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm Gavin from Newport Beach, CA. I just bought this puppy off a buddy of mine for 600 bucks. It's my first bike. It needs some work. I hope I'm in the right place.

5329359718_0e19b2030b.jpg

I got the bike started up but it's knocking. I'm thinking a valve job? I'm not sure where to get parts and a manual. The turn signals don't work and the fuel gauge doesn't work. Also the neutral light doesn't come on. Let me know if any of you can point me in the right direction. Thanks!

magicc8ball

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone im Ben and I live around Dallas, Tx Irving to be exact.
I work as a network engineer working with cisco equipment.
I am currently saving up the money to buy a 07 or newer FZ6. Right now i ride a suzuki gs500e nothing special but it is still fun!

This forums seems like the best forum i have ever been apart of. You all dont put up with bs and you all will help each other out with just about anything. Looking to get to know yall and maybe go ride sometime!

Missy B

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all...
Missy B from Tucson. After drooling over the FZ6 for a few years, I've finally added one to the stable to complement the Wee Strom and the XT225. Bought a 2006 (red's faster) with 6370 miles on it.

W00t! Glad to be a part of this site..and an FZ6 rider, finally.

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all...
Missy B from Tucson. After drooling over the FZ6 for a few years, I've finally added one to the stable to complement the Wee Strom and the XT225. Bought a 2006 (red's faster) with 6370 miles on it.

W00t! Glad to be a part of this site..and an FZ6 rider, finally.

:welcome: to the forum!! Nice color!!!!:thumbup:

BamBam77

Old but still riding
Reaction score
Visit site
HI ALL!!!:D

BEEN pocking I mean joking around here for about 2 months now.
Thanks to the site I made up my mind to get a fz6 a month ago:cheer:
I looked at the meanstreak,weestrum,and about 6 other types but I kept
coming back to the fz6 :D
I've owned about 20 bikes since around 1964 [could get your permit at 14]
A lot a dirt bikes so I've always wanted something light I could throw around.
I've never rode a hd or had any need for one ,just sat on one for the first time last month when I got my fz6. no need at all!!!:ban:
Oh! I don't know how fast my bike is kas it's a BLACK stealth color and radar can't see it :thumbup:

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
HI ALL!!!:D

BEEN pocking I mean joking around here for about 2 months now.
Thanks to the site I made up my mind to get a fz6 a month ago:cheer:
I looked at the meanstreak,weestrum,and about 6 other types but I kept
coming back to the fz6 :D
I've owned about 20 bikes since around 1964 [could get your permit at 14]
A lot a dirt bikes so I've always wanted something light I could throw around.
I've never rode a hd or had any need for one ,just sat on one for the first time last month when I got my fz6. no need at all!!!:ban:
Oh! I don't know how fast my bike is kas it's a BLACK stealth color and radar can't see it :thumbup:
Welcome to the forum!!!

fazed

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all. My name is Michael, I live in Western N.S.W. Australia married with no kids YET. Scored an 06 Fazer (the stealth black one) from a mate early last year after he decided to get rid of it. He came off in 07 and broke his ankle when he got home and parked it he never got back in the saddle, I "stole" it from him for $3500.00, fixed it then had to wait till I go my bike licence (very painful).
Have had the licence since Nov. 10 and am now looking for riding partners.
Cheers.
Michael

Yamma~Tiger

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all. My name is Michael, I live in Western N.S.W. Australia married with no kids YET. Scored an 06 Fazer (the stealth black one) from a mate early last year after he decided to get rid of it. He came off in 07 and broke his ankle when he got home and parked it he never got back in the saddle, I "stole" it from him for $3500.00, fixed it then had to wait till I go my bike licence (very painful).
Have had the licence since Nov. 10 and am now looking for riding partners.
Cheers.
Michael

Welcome to the Forum. theres a lot of Australasian riders on the forum. You should not have a problem finding riding partners. :welcome:

Yamma~Tiger

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm Gavin from Newport Beach, CA. I just bought this puppy off a buddy of mine for 600 bucks. It's my first bike. It needs some work. I hope I'm in the right place.

5329359718_0e19b2030b.jpg

I got the bike started up but it's knocking. I'm thinking a valve job? I'm not sure where to get parts and a manual. The turn signals don't work and the fuel gauge doesn't work. Also the neutral light doesn't come on. Let me know if any of you can point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Hi and welcome! try this site for oem parts.
1987 Yamaha FZ6 Motorcycle Parts, 1987 Yamaha FZ6 Motorcycle OEM Parts - BikeBandit.com

m1losh

Reaction score
Visit site
Just wanted to say hello to everyone. My name is Milos, only 20 years old, and I come from Serbia. That is Middle Balcans, South-Eastern part of Europe, for those who doesn't know. :) Been on bike since I was 16, ridden Honda XL650V TransAlp '01 for about 40.000kms, and a VFR 800 V-tec '05 for about the same.

Few months ago, I became an owner of a '08 FZ6 Fazer S2, ABS version, equipped with a Givi 440D touring windscreen, Kappa K46 topcase, and a Givi TN358 engine guard. Only put about 1000 kms (700 miles) until now, beacuse it's snowing outside, but I expect nice riding when it gets warm.

stpetemike

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all Mike from St Pete Florida. Got lucky and scored a low mileage 07 FZ6 (150mile) a while back. Love the bike it is great for commuting and sport touring.
I have both street and dirt experience. Current stable -
1994 yamaha xt600
2002 kawasaki kdx220
2004 BMW r1150gs
2007 Yamaha fz6
I currently do not own a four wheeler.

azphazer

Reaction score
Visit site
New member from Tucson Arizona.
Just got an '08 Phazer !!!! This is the third bike for my garage. I'm mostly a touring rider, have an '05 Goldwing, a '99 Harley and now the FZ. Looking to have some fun.

Any tips, early mods, etc.?

Thanks.

niitti10

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi! My name is Jouko and I living in Sammatti Finland. I have FZ6S -04 (faster blue). It is my sixth Yamaha. First was rd 350 lc and then Virago 535 -89 x2, xv 750 -87 AME and Diversion 600. Before was one Kawasaki kz 250 -80.

Then I have a one Honda cb 350 k4 model 1973. I have owned it 13 years.

I bought fz last saturday and I think can ride first time in april maybe ( In South Finland we have just so much snow.

I´m happy I found this forum:rockon:

Chris_D

Reaction score
Visit site
G'day, Im a 41 yo Aussie, Mrs, 3 kids, dog and a mortgage, just bought myself a "new" 2006 FZ6S in shiny red colour. Its got 47000K's on it, but it cleans up pretty good. Only had it 1 week, already started the mods, courtesy of Boneman's site (http://www.bonemanfz6.com/mods.htm). Removed center stand day 2, removed fender, about to chop down the rear hugger, ordered anodised shifters, bar ends, SS brake lines.... what else...... a few other blingy bits, mainly cosmetic at this stage. Ive only ridden it twice so far (due to rains and floods) but it feels great and loves to dip into corners. Ive had about 7 bikes, most recently a VTR Firestorm and then a Suzuki Boulevard, but this one could be a keeper. Trying to find the bike that suits me more as I move into middle-agedom, but clearly not ready for cruising just yet!
OK, that's enough about me for now. I'll post some pics once I get all the bling on.
Cheers,
CD.

ms.xentrix

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey! I'm Candice, from Perth Western Australia.

Only bought my '06 FZ6S (in red) today :) having learnt on a CBR250RR an FZ6 wasn't something I'd ever thought to upgrade too, but after seeing the one I have I was instantly in love and had to have it lol

This forum kept popping up whenever I did a search so it felt right to join!

Have only been riding for 10months, still 2 months till I can sit my open license test so not sure how much "legal" riding I'll be able to do on the fazer until then. Guess I'll start trolling the forum to find out what bits & pieces I want to buy to make her even prettier :D

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey! I'm Candice, from Perth Western Australia.

Only bought my '06 FZ6S (in red) today :) having learnt on a CBR250RR an FZ6 wasn't something I'd ever thought to upgrade too, but after seeing the one I have I was instantly in love and had to have it lol

This forum kept popping up whenever I did a search so it felt right to join!

Have only been riding for 10months, still 2 months till I can sit my open license test so not sure how much "legal" riding I'll be able to do on the fazer until then. Guess I'll start trolling the forum to find out what bits & pieces I want to buy to make her even prettier :D

About time we had another female Perth member :)

:welcome: and see ya in Chittering soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bumgrapes

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi folks I'm Iain from the scottish Borders. Just thought I'd say hi as I've recently bought a 2008 FZ6 Fazer S2 ABS. Been biking since 1994 and have had a Yamaha FZR600R, Honda VF500, Suzuki GSF 600 Bandit, Honda CB500, Honda CBR600FS and now a Fazer. As I'm now 40 I found the sportier bikes uncomfortable so wanted a more upright riding position and the fazer is like a trail bike it's great. Quite a roomy bike I'm 6,1" and it's good for me god help those shorter in the leg, as the seat height is high I just get my feet down flat. I was tempted going bigger cc have had a go on bigger bikes but you know what I find 600's more than adequate I'd lose my license otherwise! I've read all kinds of reports about the fazer not being torquey enough but I disagree. I find the fuels injection spot on, really smooth and pulls from zero revs. My previous bikes that were carb'd would need revved to hell and back but not the fazer. Really happy with it, going on some touring thru Europe this year and usual scottish highlands etc can't wait for spring/summer. My only gripes, the usual flaky and poor anodizing of bolts etc on yamahas. I knew this from my fzr but I intend to replace some bolts with stainless or titanium. Anyway hi everybody, be safe out there. cheers.

Last edited: