New member welcome thread..

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, I live in Warwickshire in the UK and have a Fazer S2 that I bought new in late 2008, having passed my test earlier that year.

1889.jpg

It turned 30 on Wednesday and am an engineer in vehicle safety and a few other things.

Thought I'd say hello! :thumbup:
:welcome:

You posted a pic. We like that.

To all our new members, this is a fantastic site where you always get help, usually with a few laughs thrown in.

:thumbup:

maximum

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello :)

I'm Maxime, I'm from Brussels, the capital of Europe... Well, seeing or governments problems, maybe Belgium won't last long as a country :spank:

Anyway, I'm 21 and I work financial & informatica support, I like to go to the gym since years and well, I started to like bikes some years ago.

My great-father, father and brother had bikes so, naturally, I wanted one too, having experienced the joy of the wind since my youth. But it's only recently that I put really good interest into it and bought one (thankful to my new job :D).

So, after many researches, I thought that a Yamaha FZ6 (Slow one) would be a great deal to start. My brother started with a CBR without a licence and... well, I think that it's not the best to start like that if we want to drive carefully !

I'm new to all this so I don't know really the differences between good gear and bad gear, I got some random stuff from my brother like a helmet, trousers and, that's all. So I don't know what I should buy.., like a Airbag Jacket, Armor, weather protections, all of them ? (Weather here is between 5 & 15 C degrees at worse, sometimes -5 to 0° though).

I think that's a bit all, see you later I hope :)

Leohzboy

2006 FZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everybody! My name is Michael. Just bought my 2005 FZ6 (in the faster blue color?). :)

Paid 3800$ and it hasn't been down and I got it at a dealership OTD at that price. This puppy's only got 2000 miles on it!! WooOT! Hopefully I didn't get robbed!

Its the second bike I've had and I haven't ridden one for over two years since I sold my 06 Ninja 500. Definitely a great bike and a step up! I'm gonna ride it back to my pad today so wish me luck people.

Now to go find all my old gear...

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings all,

Another new, autumn, FZ6 owner, here. Picked up this 2009, new off the showroom floor, a few weeks ago. Still all stock, other than Motovation frame sliders thus far. Not quite through the break in period yet, so I've kept the revs down. There's another motorcycle in there, yet to be discovered.

Appreciate all the great information I've found in this forum.

Last edited:

Aray

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello from San Clemente, CA........My name is Adam and I am the proud owner of a 2009 FZ6 Blue; best bike I have ever ridden. Absolutely love it. Previous rides have been BMW GS 2003.

Also thanks for this forum, I know they can be labor intensive. So thanks.

Question if anyone can help, I would really appreciate it. I cant see behind me with stock mirrors. I am 6'1 and broad, do they make mirror extensions? I have seen bar mirrors which I dont think I will like. Do I have any options??

Thanks,
Adam

m0e

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

My name is Melvin and I am also an alco...

No wait, that's not right.

My name is Melvin and I've just purchased a 2006 Yamaha FZ6.

This is my first bike, I look forward to riding it and participating in the forum. I'm in my senior year majoring in Information Systems and I work for a small IT company.

Anyway here's a few pics of the bike:

DSC_3711.JPG

DSC_3709.JPG

DSC_3724.JPG

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey from St. Louis! Name's Bryan, been wanting a bike since before I wanted a car (and that's a long while). Just started a new job as an Engineer for a contracting company in town. With the healthy pay raise came my first toy:

2009 FZ6 in the "Raven" color
bought showroom fresh Nov 8 2010
3.3 miles then, 6 days later, 187 miles haha

Got a Shoei Qwest helmet, Fieldsheer Hi-vis Epic Jacket, and some Alpinestars gloves. OES 2" frame sliders on the way. More beyond that as well. Cover, Kriega or Cortech tail bag, disc lock, etc...

Pics taken from friend's iPhone, sorry for the quality.

The last pic is me at Halloween as Jesus (it was a superhero party - who better? And completely sober by the way) enjoying some homemade crab rangoon. Yummy haha

Thanks for the forum guys, hope to help in any way possible

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A big welcome to the pages of new members that have joined since i last looked in here...is so good to see that there still are heaps of people buying "Fizzers", and finding just how bloody good a bike the FZ6 is!!!

Post lots of pictures people...we are a simple bunch round here...and pictures are easy to understand! ;)

B

bsampson

Hello from Eastleigh, UK.

I'm 41, which definitely makes me old as I can now say I've been riding for quarter of a century :eek:

For six years I had a 'classic' Triumph Legend before a mad year which saw me go through a Ducati Monster and a Harley Sportster before settling on the new love of my life, a 53 plate FZ6. I've had it for all of four days so far and I'm loving it.

Barry

Psycho

Reaction score
Visit site
Whats'up everybody ! i'm from Quebec City,Canada and i been taking my licence this year.I ride a 2007 FZ6 since this summer. Winter is coming up and my bike is stored:( so i register to the forum to keep track of what's going on in the world of FZ6 riders and to learn some tips. :Sport: here's some pictures of my baby

See ya : )

lazyOCD

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Everybody, ("Hi Dr. Nick!), two weeks ago, I picked up my new 2009 FZ6, the first new vehicle I've ever bought. One week later, I sold my previous bike, a 2001 Suzuki SV650, about 6 months after the mechanic told me I needed $1500 in repairs.

I'm lovin' the fuel injection, the four cylinders, the underseat exhaust, the small turning radius and the easier balance. It's sort of tough taking it easy and keeping it under 7000 RPM during the break in period.

This bike, I'm going to treat right: with a cycleshell instead of a crappy motoshell, and I'll make sure not to park it in the street (and have it fall over and rust the sprockets like the other bike).

Redback

Reaction score
Visit site
G'day everyone i am from perth had my FZ for 4days now very impressed had a GSR600 before this so keeping on the same theme (GSXR detuned R6 detuned in an upright sports tourer). Have to be honest the GSR was a great bike but only after 4days i am noticeing how awesome the Fz is

Dr.Landau

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello AGAIN everybody.

I joined last year and bought an "07 from a forum member in Mass. Ive been riding around stock and have recently started chopping up the bike!

Ive moved South, ride almost daily (thank God) and am glad to have this AWESOME forum at my disposal.

See you out there, nice to be back.

HellasFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello from Houston, Texas, via Athens Greece...After a 2 years from selling my ER6-n Kawa, I decided to get back on a bike - a 2007 red FZ6. Bone stock for now and loving it.

A big hello to all members and wishes for safe riding.

franklin5-0

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey people...been hanging around the site for about a month just reading. Yall have got some sick bikes I've got to tell ya. Anyway I'm in Louisiana and don't have a motorcycle yet everytime I get ready to buy one something happens to my car (should just sell it and get my FZ already). be careful out there guys :thumbup:

Grahamm

Reaction score
www.affordable-leather.co.uk
Hello from Portsmouth (the original one in England!)

I've had an '04 model '06 registration FZ6-SA (faired with ABS) for the past three years. I bought it with 6000 miles on the clock I've and put about 12,000 miles on it myself having a lot of fun :)

I'm currently planning on taking my IAM Advanced Test, unfortunately a bit of an oops moment a few weeks ago (dropping the bike on a u-turn and bruising my wrist) coupled with the current icy weather has put paid to practicing for the time being :(

zappa

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey I'm Matt, and I'm from the UK.

I recently picked up an '06 FZ6, 29000 miles on the clock, for £1300. I got a bargain. :rockon:

Here are a few snaps.

1281004666637.jpg

1281004640760.jpg

1282490455886.jpg

Yeah you might notice the rear rack has duck tape around it. Someone tried to pinch the Givi box, fortunately they gave up after realising it was a pain in the ass to remove. :D

gorank

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello from Zagreb Croatia, my name is Goran and i'm 28 years old.
I drive Yamaha FZ6 S2 Fazer (the best bike in the world)
I'm glad to join this forum...
Sorry for bad english, I'm still learning :thumbup: