New member welcome thread..

BDazzler

Reaction score
Visit site
I wanted to introduce myself and get some advise. First I'm so happy to find such great communities around the FZ1, FZ6, FZ6r, etc. (I've joined these 3 forums, but I don't think the FZ8 or FZ16 are sold in the states, so I didn't join over there). Sorry to everyone who reads this on all 3 forums, but this is a copy and paste job for FZ1, FZ6 and FZ6r intro.

First things first. My name is Troy, I live in east central IL, USA :america:; I'm 40 (ouch, that hurts to type), I've been married since Sept '93 to a great woman who also loves motorcycles. I have 2 kids, son who's 10 (very soon to be 11) and a daughter who's 8 (almost as soon to be 9). I've been riding since I was 9 or 10. I started out on a little red Yamaha endro 2-stroke from 1978 (I miss the sound, smell, smoke, etc., ahhh, 2-strokes) and still have that bike and it still runs :) (I'll post a pic ASAP) I bought an '86 Yamaha XT350 in 1986 (my first new bike) and loved it through high school and college, but some bimbo turned in front of me, I flew over her trunk and my bike became part of her car :( (luckily no serious injury to me or my passenger). Funny thing, the insurance money became an engadgement ring.

Damn, I hope that wasn't TMI. Anyway, here comes more. I'm a fat dude now, (5' 10" and 330lbs.) and I am determined to get a bike again. I've looked around for several years and decided the FZ6 or FZ1 would suit me fine. My wife recently got her first bike, a new '09 Ninja 250r. Those 2 little gerbals can even pull my fat butt around better than I thought (I got it up to 85mph on the GPS). I've found a nice, low milage 2006, Shift Red FZ1. I've heard about the throttle snatch in the '06 and wondered if that should be a deal breaker. It's best to keep wrenches out of my hands, so I'm not going to be able to do to much to fix it.

I've considered looking at the FZ6 and passing it down to my wife when she out grows the baby Ninja, but I don't know if that's what she'll want by then, and I really want the FZ1 with all my weight. Any other big guys have experience with FZ1 and FZ6... thoughts?

I have many more stories, questions, thoughts and garbage to share, but I see that I've written a novel already, so I'll spew all that at a later time. Thanks again to all who participate and especially support and run these sites. I've been a forum admin before, and I know the time and engery it takes.

Have fun and be safe

Last edited:

samuichris

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, i'm Chris, a brit living in Thailand.
I don't have an FZ6 yet, but i'm looking for one. Currently riding a Honda CB-1 & a Yamaha TDR 250, (great fun but lots of maintenance). There's a great looking silver & black FZ6 for sale in Bangkok righ now that i'm hoping to get my hands on....

keef

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello All,

I just purchased an 09 FZ6 the beginning of this season. All I have to say what a great bike!
I am from Cincinnati, OH (Northside) roads are are nice and curvey, the FZ6 is right at home.

With the help of this forum, I have replaced the front fork springs with RaceTech springs and added a heavier oil. Really like the advice with the beer!

My next mod will be installing a powerlet outlet under my seat and then the dual low beam head light mod.

Thanks for such a great forum have not had to ask a question yet.

Keef :BLAA:

Last edited:

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all!! New FZ6 owner (2007, set up for touring)*(pics to follow)*
Old timer, with several bikes and I'm also a Super Moderator on a KLR forum..

Just looking forward to learning the tricks and ropes behind FZ6 ownership.:thumbup:

Anesi

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone

I'm Anders from Copenhagen, Denmark. I´m 29 and new riding and motorcycles in general.

Got my license last month and just picked up a near-new (1400 km) naked FZ6 S2 in bada**-black last week :D Man I love that bike. The sad thing is that it has been raining a lot lately, so have'nt gotten out as much as I would like. Did get a nice day of riding and and toying around on friday and sunday. Very nice.

I joined the forum even before I bought the bike - kinda new it was this bike I was after (you know where to go when you start drooling everytime that same bike drives by :p). Having surfed the forums and been inspired by all the awesome mods you people have made, I could'nt help to start mind-modding my not-yet-bought bike :) So I have a pretty good ideay as to which mods I wanna do.

1. Sub cowl. Gotta have one as it really pushes the bike "closer to the ground" and adds a beefier look, I think. Plus as I understand it should be an easy mod to a non-technical person, so should be a good place to start.
  2. Short Pazzo or Rizoma leavers. Because they just look way too cool. Guess they'll need to be black to blend in to the bike well.
  3. New mirrors. Not that the stock ones are'nt working, they just could look better, so they will definitely get swapped.
  4. TwoBros carbon exhaust. Surfed youtube and they sound so bad! (in a good way :D) Thought about the Quad Lasers too as I really like the quad look, but the idle sound just kills the thrill for me (that is if the youtube sound is trustworthy in any way?). Would love to hear them in real life.
  5. Small licenseplate holder. Because the stock one... well, could have looked better.
  6. White indicators, as they just look way cooler than the stock orange ones.

So there is my initial list. Of course all this stuff cost an arm and a leg, but I'll take a step of the time and eventually I'll get there :) And surely I'll need time to learn how to do all this stuff, as I have zero hours of working knowledge. So baby steps I guess, and a lot of reading forum posts :)

Anyway, this is me so far. I know from reading the forums that the blue bikes are faster, but I'll do mine to make sure the the black ones continue owning all in pure coolness :rockon:

Good day to all, and ride safe.

/Anders

gav

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all!! Andrew here ;)

Im a the newest fresh fish to post on your boards so I figured I'd be nice and polite and come and say hello, so there, I've said it!!!

Only joking..... So yeah, Im a newbie here, looking to get back on two wheels as soon as financially possible, having left work to go back to uni, i had to sell loads of stuff, including my bike, to fund me through the 4 years.

But, now Im done, and I want to get back into the game, and I've also decided that I want a change too, Now dont get me wrong, and I dont want to start a load of crap here, But I love my customs :ban: , and not HD chrome billet barges either before you ask, propper customs that involve taking an angle grinder to a perfectly good bike and hardtailing it etc etc. Im delving into the world of sports bikes, simply as they are more practical for what I'll be using it for!

After much trauling on the net, the pre 09 FZ6 seems like a perfect place to start, plenty of poke from stock, with loads of roome for change :D

PS my first and last bike was a Kwak VN750, which I customised the merde out of, and not just cosmetics either, I ported and pollished the head :D

Hi Andrew, you're not too far from me! I got my FZ6 from up your way (Tom Conway's in Langley Moor). Welcome to the forum from another forum newbie :welcome:

fz6pat

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all...just purchased a 07 FZ6 of ebay. Red model with several mods already done to set it up for sport-touring. Been riding m/c since 1974, so I've owned several different makes and models over the years. First bike was a yamaha 125 enduro. Also owned a RD350 and a 650 Special at one time. Been into kawasaki's for the last several years. Own a ZRX1100 and a Old Concours right now. Saw the FZ6 at a MC show when it first came out and have liked it ever since. Really looking forward to putting some miles on the one I just got. Located in Northern kentucky, near Cincinnati, so have some excellent roads right outside the door. Look forward to meeting other members.

Patrick

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all! I've been lurking for some time now, absorbing all kinds of info. Thought I'd start posting finally, and ask some bothersome questions! ;)

My moto info : I recently bought a used 2006 FZ6, with all of 4200miles on it. It already had a Puig tinted double bubble screen, and Two Bros CF exhaust, and the Two Bros FE kit. The turn signals on the kit were not very good looking to me, and they were useless as signals, due to the output being so low. First thing I did(after an oil change), was junk those, and get some different ones. I'll post picks today after work if I remember. I also got some quiet tips for the Two Bros, as I couldn't stand the bassy drone of them for more than about 5 minutes. lol They sound great now! But the CF is totally trashed. They were slightly yellowed when I got the bike, and now after about 1K miles, they're almost completely yellow, despite my efforts. I'm not a huge fan of CF anyways, so I'm just going to get a different exhaust. I'm going to repack them shortly to prevent further damage, as I'm fairly certain the packing is about done. My other mods include tossing a DDM Tuning HID on the low beam(5000K), and unlocking and performing the C0 adjustment mod. I'm not new to modding, so all that was super easy, and fun too! Next on the list are pod lights with 1watt LED's!

radexS1

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all.

I'm from Ireland and I have a FZ6 on order. :rockon: Its a 07 fz6n model, so this means its going to be slower at only 78hp.
That doesn't bother me much - its only my second bike and I'm hoping the engine will last longer since its so detuned and relaxed... :don'tknow: either way i can't wait til next week !! so i've been scanning these forums for the valuable information that might help me to know my new bike. also drooling over photos, pondering on accessories, and gawking at some of the mods.

I've been bikeless for over a year and a half... so next wednesday will be a good ****ing day!

:D:Flash::D

great forum anyway.
i'll be lurking on! :eek:

teamdan

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm from Perth, Australia. I've got a 05 FZ6N which is my first street bike and only recently got my open class license. Been lurking around too for some months now checking out info and ideas. First post as I'm new to the whole forum thing.
Seems like a top site though with plenty of ideas and solutions so I'll def be hanging around.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm from Perth, Australia. I've got a 05 FZ6N which is my first street bike and only recently got my open class license. Been lurking around too for some months now checking out info and ideas. First post as I'm new to the whole forum thing.
Seems like a top site though with plenty of ideas and solutions so I'll def be hanging around.
:steve:
:welcome: to the forum

Another Perth member :thumbup:

bloodhound

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey ya'll the name is Bill and im frommaryland. I just bought an 86 fz600 today for 400 bucks. Far from my first bike but I needed a fun beater bike maybe paint it flat black or a streetfighter, who knows.Look forward to meeting some other "antique" fz owners.LOL:D

TSPETROFF

FZ6 2009
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm the new guy

Hi all, I'm Scott and I just picked up a new 2009 fz6 on Saturday. I only have 180 miles but so far so good. I came from a DL1000 07 V-Strom, so I'm getting use to the different engine and gear box behavior. I look forward to picking up some pointers here. Thanks in advance!

flfreak

Reaction score
Visit site
Checking in from Plant City, FL. My first bike is now a 2006 FZ6 with 14K miles, painted black. The original bike was blue. Don't know why it was painted. I assume someone wanted black and it wasn't offered that year. Zero scratches and no frame damage that would indicate a crash.

Started out looking at the Kawi 650R. Really liked the look of the bike with the cat eye headlights. Started researching the specs and found out it was a twin. Watched vids of the bike in motion and hated the sound. Not very sport bike like. So I moved on to looking for an FZ6R but since they only started making them in 09, they were hard to come by used. Started to look at new and almost pulled the trigger. Then one day came across mine in a Craigslist ad. Loved the headlights and the exhaust tucked under the tail. Very cool. Bought it the same day from the dealer for very cheap. Basicially 1/2 of what the new FZ6R was going to be. Very happy with it. Went on an hour long ride last night. Super comfy and very fast.