New member welcome thread..

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: FZ6 owner in Atlanta GA area

Greetings all. Been FZ6 shopping for a few months now, and finally picked up the perfect one for me last night. It's a red '07 with around 8000 miles. Came with the taller Yamaha "touring" windscreen, an OEM cover, and a set of Nelson-Riggs tank and tail bags. Bike is pretty much spotless and clearly has been given lots of TLC.

The FZ6 is my second real bike (rode a scooter back in college), the first being a '93 Yamaha XJ600 Seca II. I only have owned that one for about 3 months but fell in love with the FZ6 and decided I wanted that instead. While it's unfair to compare a 17 year old machine to one that's nearly new, I am extremely happy with the upgrade to say the least. I was a little hesitant to go too far last night on my first ride so I planned just to take it up the road and back, however, I ended up taking a lap completely around town instead. The jaws of life couldn't have peeled the grin off my face!

I immediately called my girlfriend to let her know that I've found a new love, and that she's going to have to share me with the FZ6 from now on. ;-)

By the way, though I'm new to bikes, I've been a gearhead for all of my life. In addition to a few cars, I also own a 1996 Four Winns 258 Vista cabin cruiser which stays on Lake Lanier and a 2001 Yamaha 800cc waverunner. I always do all of my own maintenance/repairs on my vehicles though I enjoy riding/driving more than wrenching, so I'm looking forward to a largely trouble-free experience with the FZ6.

Chris
Welcome.....

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
so i've been a member for a little while now but never introduced myself. i figured it was about time to stop by and officially say hello to all the fz lovers here. ive had mine for about 6 months now. bought her new with zero miles and ive put about 4000 in her. my first mod was a fender eliminator but now im moving on to an r6 fork mod and maybe even trying to fit an r1 tail and exhaust on her. i hope my stay here at the fz6-forum is a long and happy one.

adam
Glad you've introduced yourself.
Belated welcome....

PB Hand

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello All,

Just wanted to say 'Hi' and introduce myself. Unfortunately, as winter approaches, I will be having to put my bike away for a few months (live in Wisconsin). The upside is that I will have more time to read this site... :)

I ride a blue 2005 FZ-6, to which I have added a Givi topcase rack with a Shad topcase (required slight mod, but nothing to involved) and a wiring harness for heated clothing/ battery tender (just completed yesterday).

The bike I had prior to the FZ-6 was a polar opposite to this bike, a 1989 BMW R100RT. I was tired of sitting behind a tall windshield and full fairring, so was instantly drawn to the naked styling of the FZ-6. I have so far logged 5000 miles in the saddle of the FZ-6, including an 1850 mile trip around Lake Superior in July of this year. I'm now looking for a new saddle (only drawback to the FZ-6) and am in the planning stages for next year's trip.

Thank you for all the great information on the site. I look forward to reading and posting in the month's to come.

Last edited:

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello All,

Just wanted to say 'Hi' and introduce myself. Unfortunately, as winter approaches, I will be having to put my bike away for a few months (live in Wisconsin). The upside is that I will have more time to read this site... :)

Hello and welcome to this addictive forum....

:welcome:

Fzam!

Reaction score
Visit site
Well since I've been looking around on this forum for a few months now I figure I should introduce myself and since a fellow Wisconsinite just said hello, inspired me to (thanks PB Hand). I'm Pam, been riding for 3 years. I got my 2006 fz6 in May and am LOVING it! And feel 200% more confident on this bike that the Buell Blast I had. It was great starter bike for me but Fazer was much needed! And the Blast went to another fellow lady rider to learn on!

I had been wanting to learn to ride for years and glad I finally did it. I used to think I'd get a rocket... but the Blast got me into the naked bikes... Naked is the way to go! I wasn't really sure what I wanted. I tried on a few other naked bikes but when I saw my FZ, I was in love. I have to admit, I don't know much about motorcycles. I am learning as I go along and helps to have a good friend willing to teach. I was feeling pretty badass when I found out it was a custom streetfighter, even if most people tell me "you're too cute to be badass". Since I got it I have put on a rear eliminator kit on (99% by myself), new mirrors, almost 4,000miles, and probably 1000+ photos on my cameras. From now to next spring I plan to get a different handle bar for it and update some of my gear.

Anyways, I'm glad I found this forum. Lots of good info, reading and people.

I changed oil and checked over things today on the bike and am debating putting it officially away for winter now or keeping it ready for those beautiful days still. Never know what Wisconsin will bring. Can't wait to read more! Thanks everybody.

fzam--albums-fazer-excursions-picture5116-fazer3.jpg

jmw

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,
My name is Jeff and I have just got my first bike. Its a 2005 FZ6 in blue with 3700 miles on the clock.
I live in Northern Ireland so dry days are few and far between. I will be out and about at the slightest sign of a dry line on the black stuff

TeacherJoe

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello folks,

My name is Joe and I am a new owner of an '06 FZ6. I've had cruisers for years, and have been active on IntruderAlert since '02. I've had this itch for a standard so I scratched it. I just did basically a straight trade of my '98 Aero 1100 for the FZ6. I get plates today and go from there.

I look forward to checking out the forum, and maybe getting to know a few of you.

Joe

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,
My name is Jeff and I have just got my first bike. Its a 2005 FZ6 in blue with 3700 miles on the clock.
I live in Northern Ireland so dry days are few and far between. I will be out and about at the slightest sign of a dry line on the black stuff
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello folks,

My name is Joe and I am a new owner of an '06 FZ6. I've had cruisers for years, and have been active on IntruderAlert since '02. I've had this itch for a standard so I scratched it. I just did basically a straight trade of my '98 Aero 1100 for the FZ6. I get plates today and go from there.

I look forward to checking out the forum, and maybe getting to know a few of you.

Joe
You're gonna love the FZ6...

Drenelin

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm an Aussie living in Perth on the west coast.

Looking to upgrade to an FZ6 from my GPX250 when my restrictions are up in the next few weeks(we spend a year on a 250cc in some parts of Australia). There are two for sale in my budget range (~5-6k AUD):

Option 1: 2004, 51 000kms, with leo vince pipes 5,000 o.n.o
Option 2: 2004, 27 000kms, no mods 6,300 o.n.o

I need to stick with the one bike for the next 3 years and I am student with bugger all income and limited mechanical knowledge.

I'm leaning towards option 1, but am a bit worried by the higher kms in terms of the life I'll get out of it before major expenses crop up.

Thoughts?

Apologies if this is in the wrong section!

Jez

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd probably go for option 2 myself, but that's just me. Don't like loud pipes myself. Depends if you can get the price down at all. Still, 51000km isn't a huge mileage by any means - if it's been well looked after.

The 2004 was the earliest model year but is a great bike. Fuelling is a bit more sporadic than on the S2, and the gearbox is extra-specially clunky, but you get used to it.

There were two recalls as I understand it: front sprocket lock nut could come loose, and fuelling which could cut out. Check the VIN - if the bike has had both recalls fixed by a Yamaha dealer there should be a star or X either side of the VIN number.

AU$6300 is about £3500, which is quite high for an 04 by UK prices - mine was £2500 for a really good condition bike - but Aussie prices are probably higher generally.

Welcome to the forum.

Ramiro

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everybody!! I´m from Argentina and I bought a FZ6S last week. It´s a 2009 with 4600kms.
Its a great bike, but she has too much clothes on for me!!! i´m geting her naked!!
I hope to be usefull on this forum and glad to be here!!
PS: sorry for my english........i do my best!!!

bakarl

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi. My name is Peter.i am new in the cycling......... bussines. I bought my fz6 last AUGUST.I am from Salonika Greece.See you later.BB

Shiloh

Squire to Lord Bouche
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

My name is Andy and I just pickup a new 2009 FZ6 (Raven/Black) on the 22nd of December. Been riding since, well its been a while. Past bikes include Ducati, Harley 1200, Suzuki (SV650 S and N), Triumph Thruxton, Kawasaki Vulcan 900 (still have this one).

Living just outside of Houston and looking forward to the FZ on the backroads in the country around and west of here, doing some day touring, etc.

And Happy Holidays to all.

Andy

Last edited: