New member welcome thread..

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hallo! My name is Alkinoos and im from Athens, Greece.
I own an FZ6 fazer '05 model the last 6-7 months.
I was looking for some nice photos, this site popped up and here i am!
Nice to meet you all!
I hope you like my fazer!
03052009003.jpg

16537706.jpg
Nice bike!

Welcome to the Forum!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would love to hear them in real life before I get it. But I'm living in the g'old outback (mount isa) at the moment. There isn't that many people riding roadbikes here :p

I think I might end up getting the LeoVince, 'from the videos' The Scorpion's got that nice mid-range roar to it, yet the LeoVince is a higher pitch and this is the sounds I'm searching for. Now I just had to find the right guy that sells me at the right price, tips? :D

Is it recommended to get them from the States?

Firstly :welcome: from another QLDer , if scorpion's are on your short list you will no be disappointed with them , i have Scorps on my XJR and the sound is very differerent to any video on youtube , they are a very deep and throaty noise.... But thats just one mans opinion , happy hunting :D

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Firstly :welcome: from another QLDer , if scorpion's are on your short list you will no be disappointed with them , i have Scorps on my XJR and the sound is very differerent to any video on youtube , they are a very deep and throaty noise.... But thats just one mans opinion , happy hunting :D

And one womans opinion!.....

:thumbup:
:Flash:

Twigs

Bad Girl
Reaction score
Visit site
Ha ha I nearly missed this thread :Flash: typical blonde lol

Hello peopley rider types!

I'm Twigs and live near Leeds in the UK. I ride an orange and black naked - that's the bike, not me! :D She's lovely to ride and sounds brilliant thanks to the two brother end cans I had fitted :thumbup: Will post some pics when I've got to grips with the technicalities of the forum - remember I'm blonde so don't hold your breath!

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A big :welcome: to all our new forum members :thumbup:

Ha ha I nearly missed this thread :Flash: typical blonde lol

Hello peopley rider types!

I'm Twigs and live near Leeds in the UK. I ride an orange and black naked - that's the bike, not me! :D She's lovely to ride and sounds brilliant thanks to the two brother end cans I had fitted :thumbup: Will post some pics when I've got to grips with the technicalities of the forum - remember I'm blonde so don't hold your breath!

Leeds, Leeds, Leeds :cheer: sorry twigs just had to get that off my chest :thumbup: welcome to the forum, have fun and ride safely :rockon:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We live about a mile from Elland Road, Cloggy.....not a footy fan, especially when they're playing at home!!! :D

SO let me get this right Twigs, you own one of the nicest bikes out there and you almost live on hallowed ground :bow:

My parents live further away, in Rothwell, When I'm back in town we park about a mile away from Elland road and walk to the stadium (via the pub of course), I can imagine that you are dreading United getting back in the premiership it just means more traffic problems for you guys :eek:.

Twigs

Bad Girl
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Cloggy though Hallowed ground??? lol The traffic doesn't phase me, when there's a match on I either stay in or take a back route in the car!

Ah, Rothwell, we're in Middleton. We do the scenic route to Squires, that takes us through Rothwell.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Cloggy though Hallowed ground??? lol The traffic doesn't phase me, when there's a match on I either stay in or take a back route in the car!

Ah, Rothwell, we're in Middleton. We do the scenic route to Squires, that takes us through Rothwell.

Ah Twigs, not that far away from my parents :thumbup:

Never been to squires but heard it's a great place.
Problem is I never bring the bike over when I come with the family.

x47b3207

Dave.
Reaction score
Visit site
My name is Dave. Started riding dirt bikes when I was seven (in 1968). Have had both street and dirt bikes. Sold my last dirt bike (along with everything else that I could) to finish paying for my senior year in college with the plan of getting a new one once I was out of school. But got married and spent the next 25 years trying to push a motorcycle up the list of priorities.

I guess the return on my life insurance now outweighs my potential future earnings, so my wife told me to go out and get a bike.

Being an engineer, spent about 3 months evaluating every aspect of what I wanted in a bike (things I liked about street and what I liked about the lighter dirt bikes I've ridden). And picked up a new 08 FZ6 in May of this year.

Got out work early today so I could ride some back roads in overcast, 41F, windy weather east of Pittsburgh. Loved every minute of it!

Thank you to the experts who contribute to the web site. Your knowledge and experience has really been helpful.

PVFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

My name is Matt
I live in Prescott Valley AZ
2006 FZ6 (red) 100% stock for now.
I work in Law Enforcement and enjoy ridding my fz every chance I get.

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My name is Dave. Started riding dirt bikes when I was seven (in 1968). Have had both street and dirt bikes. Sold my last dirt bike (along with everything else that I could) to finish paying for my senior year in college with the plan of getting a new one once I was out of school. But got married and spent the next 25 years trying to push a motorcycle up the list of priorities.

I guess the return on my life insurance now outweighs my potential future earnings, so my wife told me to go out and get a bike.

Being an engineer, spent about 3 months evaluating every aspect of what I wanted in a bike (things I liked about street and what I liked about the lighter dirt bikes I've ridden). And picked up a new 08 FZ6 in May of this year.

Got out work early today so I could ride some back roads in overcast, 41F, windy weather east of Pittsburgh. Loved every minute of it!

Thank you to the experts who contribute to the web site. Your knowledge and experience has really been helpful.
Welcome to the Forum Dave.

oldschoolag

Reaction score
Visit site
FZ6 owner in Atlanta GA area

Greetings all. Been FZ6 shopping for a few months now, and finally picked up the perfect one for me last night. It's a red '07 with around 8000 miles. Came with the taller Yamaha "touring" windscreen, an OEM cover, and a set of Nelson-Riggs tank and tail bags. Bike is pretty much spotless and clearly has been given lots of TLC.

The FZ6 is my second real bike (rode a scooter back in college), the first being a '93 Yamaha XJ600 Seca II. I only have owned that one for about 3 months but fell in love with the FZ6 and decided I wanted that instead. While it's unfair to compare a 17 year old machine to one that's nearly new, I am extremely happy with the upgrade to say the least. I was a little hesitant to go too far last night on my first ride so I planned just to take it up the road and back, however, I ended up taking a lap completely around town instead. The jaws of life couldn't have peeled the grin off my face!

I immediately called my girlfriend to let her know that I've found a new love, and that she's going to have to share me with the FZ6 from now on. ;-)

By the way, though I'm new to bikes, I've been a gearhead for all of my life. In addition to a few cars, I also own a 1996 Four Winns 258 Vista cabin cruiser which stays on Lake Lanier and a 2001 Yamaha 800cc waverunner. I always do all of my own maintenance/repairs on my vehicles though I enjoy riding/driving more than wrenching, so I'm looking forward to a largely trouble-free experience with the FZ6.

Chris

iamthewalrus0169

Reaction score
Visit site
so i've been a member for a little while now but never introduced myself. i figured it was about time to stop by and officially say hello to all the fz lovers here. ive had mine for about 6 months now. bought her new with zero miles and ive put about 4000 in her. my first mod was a fender eliminator but now im moving on to an r6 fork mod and maybe even trying to fit an r1 tail and exhaust on her. i hope my stay here at the fz6-forum is a long and happy one.

adam