New member welcome thread..

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: and enjoy. As another beginner rider, I am very happy with my choice, and with all the helpful people you will find here.

412fz6

Decepticon
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all, I've been coming here for a while and just recently signed up. this is my first year riding and after getting my license through the Safe rider course last year, i promised myself I would get a bike in '09, after much research on the net and asking other riders I learned that the FZ6 is and feels like the best bike for me and my riding habits. and I absolutely love it, I got the '09 and intend to ride it for as long as she'll let me then i'll probably get another. Totally forgot to say my name, I'm Jay. Hiya.

Last edited:

FeiJi

Reaction score
Visit site
What's up everyone. My name is Lamar and I live in Montgomery Alabama. Actually I live in Millbrook but Montgomery is what most people know. Hopefully I will be a proud owner of a black 2008 FZ6 on Thursday as long as the seller doesn't back out. This will be my first bike and I'm so friggin excited. I actually won't be riding it for a month since I'm signed up for the BRC course later in October but this deal just fell in my lap (just paying the payoff) and I had to jump on it. I'll check back in when I actually get it and post some pics. Fingers crossed.

Lamar
Hey everybody. I'm finally back. I got the bike on Thursday night. Everything went pretty smoothly. I had to have a friend of mine ride it back to the house for me since I'm such a newbie. I haven't taken it out except for the couple of times I went around the neighborhood and then had to go get some gas. Luckily the gas station is just outside my neighborhood so I didn't have to go too far. Can't wait for my BRC course. I'm actually taking the course this coming week. Yay! Can't wait to start riding.

markg

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello All - Name is Mark, from Austin, Texas and took delivery of a brand new Raven FZ6 this afternoon. Rode it home, then a buddy and I went out for a ride around the lake. Great bike so far, and looking forward to many more days of great riding.

Been reading through many of the discussions on here. Lots of really good information. Thanks to all who are posting to help those of us just getting into this new world!

Cheers.

pras1980

Reaction score
Visit site
I had been reading the posts in this forum. Thought I should post too.

I bought a Raven 08 fz6 this August. I put on just a bit more than 1000 miles in the past two months. It is mostly stock except that I installed the Puig wind screen.

I used to own a Ninja 250 back in 2006 for about six months. I am 6' tall, so 250 was very small for me and I sold it.

Fz6 is a much more comfortable bike. But it is not as comfortable on the highways as I thought it would be even with the Puig windscreen.

It would be helpful if someone could share some tips to reduce wind buffeting near shoulders while riding on highways?

jackay

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone,

My name is Jack. The FZ6S is my first bike and I have been riding her for the last 2 months. And already, I have had my first bike fall...after I was daydreaming+turning+sand+ashphalt=ouch! And yes...I forgot to put on the frame slider (T-REX is on its way :) thanks FZ6 forum).

I find the guys on the forum really helpful and friendly. Definitely looking forward to my journey here :)

Jack.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone,

My name is Jack. The FZ6S is my first bike and I have been riding her for the last 2 months. And already, I have had my first bike fall...after I was daydreaming+turning+sand+ashphalt=ouch! And yes...I forgot to put on the frame slider (T-REX is on its way :) thanks FZ6 forum).

I find the guys on the forum really helpful and friendly. Definitely looking forward to my journey here :)

Jack.
Welcome to the Forum!!!!

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cheers mate!

How's the scorpions sound? I can't decide between the Scorpion or the LeoVince LOL!!!:D
Normal speed, not obnoxious, but once you wind her up, she screams!

I absolutely love them. They look really nice. You really need to hear them in the flesh to decide. Videos don't do them justice.

The only thing I didn't like with the LeoVince was the big decal on them. A bit ugly in my opinion, but I suppose you don't have to put it on the pipes.

jackay

Reaction score
Visit site
I would love to hear them in real life before I get it. But I'm living in the g'old outback (mount isa) at the moment. There isn't that many people riding roadbikes here :p

I think I might end up getting the LeoVince, 'from the videos' The Scorpion's got that nice mid-range roar to it, yet the LeoVince is a higher pitch and this is the sounds I'm searching for. Now I just had to find the right guy that sells me at the right price, tips? :D

Is it recommended to get them from the States?

alkinoos

Reaction score
Visit site
Hallo! My name is Alkinoos and im from Athens, Greece.
I own an FZ6 fazer '05 model the last 6-7 months.
I was looking for some nice photos, this site popped up and here i am!
Nice to meet you all!
I hope you like my fazer!
03052009003.jpg

16537706.jpg

alkinoos

Reaction score
Visit site
No! I've build it my self! I'm constructing polyester and carbon parts for fun!
It is one of my hobbies!
These pictures are one months ago.
As we speak, the bike is in my garage in pieces. Im gonna tottaly change the colour and the chin fairing is not in my plans any more.
Are you interested???:eek:

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No! I've build it my self! I'm constructing polyester and carbon parts for fun!
It is one of my hobbies!
These pictures are one months ago.
As we speak, the bike is in my garage in pieces. Im gonna tottaly change the colour and the chin fairing is not in my plans any more.
Are you interested???:eek:

Wow. You are very talented. Looks very similar to Wolfman's chin fairing - he didn't like that the bottom picked up rocks and debris. Does yours have that problem? Just curious more than anything. Hope you post some pics of your bike after you finish modding it.

alkinoos

Reaction score
Visit site
No i never had any kind of problem concerning the chin fairing.
The only reason im taking the chin fairing out is that im gonna use a full fairing kit.
Of course i wil post pictures after i'll finish with my bike.
The funny thing is that you've noticed the chin fairing and you didnt say anything about the USD or the radial calipers!

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No i never had any kind of problem concerning the chin fairing.
The only reason im taking the chin fairing out is that im gonna use a full fairing kit.
Of course i wil post pictures after i'll finish with my bike.
The funny thing is that you've noticed the chin fairing and you didnt say anything about the USD or the radial calipers!

Those are very nice, too.;)

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would love to hear them in real life before I get it. But I'm living in the g'old outback (mount isa) at the moment. There isn't that many people riding roadbikes here :p

I think I might end up getting the LeoVince, 'from the videos' The Scorpion's got that nice mid-range roar to it, yet the LeoVince is a higher pitch and this is the sounds I'm searching for. Now I just had to find the right guy that sells me at the right price, tips? :D

Is it recommended to get them from the States?
No. Best to just look around, see who can deliver them for best price and who seems to have a good reputation with other users.
Always get a quote from local dealers too but they are quite often more expensive.
Maybe post a new thread on the Forum - I am sure someone will be able to help.
Good luck.