New member welcome thread..

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
:welcome: One and all to one of the best sites on the net regardless of subject :thumbup:

Hi there , hay there ,ho there...I'am a senior citizen from Likely BC. I have had about 35 scooters, give or take a few , in my life time...but my 2009 FZ6is the most fun bike I have ever owned....My name is Daryl, but most people call me papa smurf or *******...this winter I will strip this new puppy down and rework the power plant.... also cosmetics...Hmmmm the blue ones are the fastest, red ones are a bit slower, so where is my black one standing...just curious....? I'am an aircraft mech. ( M2 ) but presently working as a millwright at a local gold mine. Love the outdoors as much as my new fazer.I'am fun loveing and thrive on adrenalin rushes...clutching wheelies at 80 k is a turn on ...dam ....it keeps me in shape and massages the prostate...it's a win/win situation . yamaha or whatever chatting would be cool........Take care all.......Daryl....:spank:

Quite an intro, I look forward to hearing about what you do to the powerplant.

Hi there, I'm from Tamworth England

currently riding a ybr 125 custom but am moving up to an 09 FZ6 Fazer after i've passed my test, in autumn orange with ABS no less :thumbup:

Enjoy and Ride Safe.

Hi

Pretty new Fz6 owner, this is my second bike, first bike was a GS250, kindly donated by my friend.

Picked up my 2005 about 2 months ago, have enjoyed it so far, still learning a ton about it via this forum.

Got a bit of the mod bug, replaced the windscreen, scorpion pipes, fender eliminator etc.

Photo of my fz6 picking up the scorpion exhaust from the post office.

Safe riding

I know what you mean about the mod bug, it seems to be contagious :D

Hi there, I'm from Tamworth England

currently riding a ybr 125 custom but am moving up to an 09 FZ6 Fazer after i've passed my test, in autumn orange with ABS no less :thumbup:

Enjoy and ride safe.

Hi all,

Wanted to say hi as a new member from the UK.

Currently fazer-less but soon hope to find a FZ6 to sit along side my RVF400 which is being put into semi-retirement due to the fact that my back and wrists cant take much more punishment.

The soon to be wife is also taking an interest in riding pillion, so need to get something more sensible with a bit more grunt 2-up! :thumbup:

Hope to pick all your brains about buying, riding and looking after a fazer in the coming weeks, months....years...?

Cheers

Paul

If you plan to do alot of 2 up, you might want to take a look at the FZ1, otherwise, here are some thoughts on the FZ6: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/16980-buy-fz6.html

Hi there!!

Just joined up after having accidentally found this site in searching for answers to a disturbing vibration problem. I fixed the problem after doing a few checks on things. Needless to say I will not overfill the oil again!! What a huge difference! I don't think my Effie has ever been so smooth. :)

My ride is a stock '05 that I have had since 2007. I got it used with ONLY 1,270 km for about $2,200 CDN off the new sticker price. Well by the end of 2007 she had 12,000 kms and now I've rolled 24,000km under my arse.

She's my second - divorced my first love, an 2003 GS500, to move up to something with more highway legs but would still be comfortable. The FZ6 is working out just fine...

I've only been riding since 2004 - starting at the ripe young age of 38 (yes, years) with no regrets for starting that late at all. I think if I had of started riding when I was in my 20's, say, I don't think I would have made it this far. With age comes fear hahaha. Don't get me wrong - I still like wearing off those stubborn chicken strips and have been known to scrape a peg once in a while. Yum!

When not riding I do work as an engineer, oddly enough sometimes designing roadways, as well as other land development facilities. We (my wife Kay and I) live in Edmonton and have 2 cats (Kay loves the Admin's avatar!!) Luka and my boy, Zuki, named after my GS.
Enough for now. I'll be checking back!! Thanks for being here. :)

Glad you found the site, it really is a great place to learn, discuss and share.

Hey, I'm Patrick. 24-year-old from Tulsa, OK. Just purchased my 2007 FZ6 2 days ago.

My first motorcycle, just learned how to ride 2 weeks ago. Always wanted one, just now got around to having the time and money to be able to. It's a wonderful bike and I've gotten comforatble with incredibly quickly.

Just saw that it's been discontinued for 2010. I admit, I was one of those plastic-ogling types until I realized the insurance difference and I started looking around. The FZ6 came out on top in my research and I somehow got lucky enough to find one for sale around here for an incredible deal. I don't know why they don't sell better, but I am very pleased with my purchase.

The discontinuation and rarity of my bike has changed my view from "learn and sell" to "mint and keep."

I look forward to being a part of this community.

Great attitude with regards to the mint and keep. Enjoy and ride safe.

neorider

Reaction score
Visit site
My wife and I are proud new owners of a 08 FZ6 in what I have learn is the fastest color(blue). This is our play bike. I normally ride a VTX 1800N and my wife rides a VTX 1300R. This is a great site to learn all about our new bike. We just have a hard time figuring out who's turn it is to ride the FZ.

Popeye70

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all.

I'm Thomas from Oslo, Norway, and I bought my 2004 FZ6 about two weeks ago, after getting my license this august. I'm 38 years old (turn 39 in October), and I'm engaged and have a 3 year old daughter. All my friends call the bike for my "fourty-years-old crisis", and maybe they're correct... ;)

So far I haven't been able to ride as much as I wanted, but I'm having the bike lowered next week and gladly my schedule seems to clear up a bit. Hopefully I'll get a few hours in the saddle in the next few weeks before it gets too cold and to dangerous to drive (wet/slippery roads, leaves on the road etc) for a rookie here in Norway.

I make my living in the IT business as a system and network admin. During summer I sail my boat quite a lot (approx. 20 regattas each summer), and one of the goals with the bike is to combine riding and sailing - riding my bike to the harbour and back to save time during rush hours.

Well... That's about it for now. Feel free to ask if there's something you would like to know. :D

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
:welcome: Enjoy and Ride Safe!

My wife and I are proud new owners of a 08 FZ6 in what I have learn is the fastest color(blue). This is our play bike. I normally ride a VTX 1800N and my wife rides a VTX 1300R. This is a great site to learn all about our new bike. We just have a hard time figuring out who's turn it is to ride the FZ.

I think you will both have a lot of fun on the FZ, by the way, someone misinformed you :eek: RED IS FASTER!!! :D

Hello all.

I'm Thomas from Oslo, Norway, and I bought my 2004 FZ6 about two weeks ago, after getting my license this august. I'm 38 years old (turn 39 in October), and I'm engaged and have a 3 year old daughter. All my friends call the bike for my "fourty-years-old crisis", and maybe they're correct... ;)

So far I haven't been able to ride as much as I wanted, but I'm having the bike lowered next week and gladly my schedule seems to clear up a bit. Hopefully I'll get a few hours in the saddle in the next few weeks before it gets too cold and to dangerous to drive (wet/slippery roads, leaves on the road etc) for a rookie here in Norway.

I make my living in the IT business as a system and network admin. During summer I sail my boat quite a lot (approx. 20 regattas each summer), and one of the goals with the bike is to combine riding and sailing - riding my bike to the harbour and back to save time during rush hours.

Well... That's about it for now. Feel free to ask if there's something you would like to know. :D

Well, for whatever reason you bought it, I think you are going to enjoy it :thumbup:

M

mnormand

Hello all.. just found a mint 2007 blue FZ6, brought it home last night. First ride was today at noon/lunch. :rockon:

FeiJi

Reaction score
Visit site
What's up everyone. My name is Lamar and I live in Montgomery Alabama. Actually I live in Millbrook but Montgomery is what most people know. Hopefully I will be a proud owner of a black 2008 FZ6 on Thursday as long as the seller doesn't back out. This will be my first bike and I'm so friggin excited. I actually won't be riding it for a month since I'm signed up for the BRC course later in October but this deal just fell in my lap (just paying the payoff) and I had to jump on it. I'll check back in when I actually get it and post some pics. Fingers crossed.

Lamar

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
What's up everyone. My name is Lamar and I live in Montgomery Alabama. Actually I live in Millbrook but Montgomery is what most people know. Hopefully I will be a proud owner of a black 2008 FZ6 on Thursday as long as the seller doesn't back out. This will be my first bike and I'm so friggin excited. I actually won't be riding it for a month since I'm signed up for the BRC course later in October but this deal just fell in my lap (just paying the payoff) and I had to jump on it. I'll check back in when I actually get it and post some pics. Fingers crossed.

Lamar

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am glad you are waiting until you take the BRC. I found it very helpful as a brand new rider. You will LOVE the FZ6!! :D

Meex

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everybody, i'm from Serbia (Europe), i found this community and decided to join! :) I'm dipl. ingineer but i don't work my job, i work as a DJ in most famous clubs in our country...play house music and do some productions with my friend and colegue. ;)

you can see me at facebook and myspace here is the links

MySpace - Meex - 28 - Male - Belgrade - myspace.com/deejaymeex
Milos Meex Djujic - Serbia | Facebook

And now some words about my bike:
I ride FZ6 s '05, and i painted it to white colour so it looks amazing.
I will post some pictures so you can see it..

I hope it is enough for start..cheers!

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everybody, i'm from Serbia (Europe), i found this community and decided to join! :) I'm dipl. ingineer but i don't work my job, i work as a DJ in most famous clubs in our country...play house music and do some productions with my friend and colegue. ;)

you can see me at facebook and myspace here is the links

MySpace - Meex - 28 - Male - Belgrade - myspace.com/deejaymeex
Milos Meex Djujic - Serbia | Facebook

And now some words about my bike:
I ride FZ6 s '05, and i painted it to white colour so it looks amazing.
I will post some pictures so you can see it..

I hope it is enough for start..cheers!

Welcome, Meeks!! We are waiting to seeing your pictures. I like white paint on motorcycles.

copperhd5

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all! I took delivery of an 09 FZ6 while visiting in California. I live in Anchorage, Alaska where the riding season is very short. It won me over as I was going to purchase a used bike in the $4000 range. I own two other Yamahas. I initially looked at the FZ6R. Then I saw the FZ6.

Later that evening did some research. Next day, test ride of a used one. I bought a new one. I left it in California so that I have transportation to get around when I am there, which will be frequently. I have another bike in Virginia. So when I land on either coast, I have something practical and fun to ride, especially with the longer riding seasons! Beats the heck out of depending on someone for rides or spending money renting cars.

I am fortunate to be retired and have the time to go to and fro. I just landed back in Anchorage last night and the high temp was 48 degrees. I left California it was 90 degrees. This morning as I type this there is frost out. So I will be back in Cali and heading to Arizona and Vegas on my FZ6.

I'm looking forward to gaining knowledge from you all, and contributing to this forum!

von_trippenhopf

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi folks, just checkin' in!
I've been riding on & off for over 25 years and have had all sorts of bikes from Suzuki GT250 to a 1200 Sportster.
Just traded a Honda VFR 800 (Interceptor to you guys on the other side of the pond!) for a 2004 Fz6N because I couldn't get on with the riding position of the VFR.
I've only done around 60 miles on the Fz so far (well I only got it today!) but it's put the FUN back into my riding already. How long does the silly grin last, by the way?? :D
I know nothing about Fz's but I've already downloaded to appropriate manuals so I'd better get reading! Ian. :thumbup:

nnowatzk

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Been around here off and on since May, just finally getting around to filling out my profile, uploading an avatar, etc.

I got a red '07 FZ6 in May, my first bike! No prior riding experience other than a BRC two summers ago. Riding the bike home from the dealer was my first time on the highway and first time over 25 mph. :eek:

It's been great summer though - got about 2200 miles in, mostly commuting. I am very happy and impressed with this forum and the FZ6 community. Soon this will be the only place to get my FZ6 fix, since riding season is nearly over here. :(

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Been around here off and on since May, just finally getting around to filling out my profile, uploading an avatar, etc.

I got a red '07 FZ6 in May, my first bike! No prior riding experience other than a BRC two summers ago. Riding the bike home from the dealer was my first time on the highway and first time over 25 mph. :eek:

It's been great summer though - got about 2200 miles in, mostly commuting. I am very happy and impressed with this forum and the FZ6 community. Soon this will be the only place to get my FZ6 fix, since riding season is nearly over here. :(

I am impressed!!! I am a new rider too, but I had my cousin ride mine home for me, as I was not ready for the highway after taking the BRC. You kinda were baptized by fire, so to speak!!

nnowatzk

Reaction score
Visit site
I am impressed!!! I am a new rider too, but I had my cousin ride mine home for me, as I was not ready for the highway after taking the BRC. You kinda were baptized by fire, so to speak!!

I was a little nervous! A few times around the parking lot to get a feel for the bike and then off to hit the open road. So smooth and stable at highway speeds though, it was pure fun right from the get go. And this is Grand Forks ND we're talking about here - 10 very straight and flat miles out to my house, with no real traffic to speak of.

liukai

Reaction score
Visit site
hello all. . .just picked up a red 2006 FZ6. . .after much research on the web, asking around, etc. . .it just seemed like the perfect choice after everything i've read up on. . .and this is my very very first bike as well! its pretty much all stock except frame sliders and puig windshield. . .i've been modding cars for years, and finally got off of that bug. . .but modding my bike. . .that bug is gonna bite me soon, looking to get at least a lower cowl for starters. hopefully i won't dump too much $$ into this!!