New member welcome thread..

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello from Arizona! I had registered in the FZ1 site a few weeks back and came to realize that I belong here instead. 45 years old, 6'3, 260. I haven't ridden on the road in over 20 years. Got back into dirt riding about 6 years ago with my two sons (14/11). I currently ride a Yamaha YZ250.

I'm currently in the market for an FZ6. Signed up for a MSF course over Labor Day weekend. I look forward to getting back out on the road again.

Ron
Senior "Hill Boy"

:america:
I just finished my MSF course on Sun, what a great course. Welcome to the board.

cyprusgrump

Reaction score
www.virtual-pub.com
Hi everybody! My first post...

Regged-up here a week or so ago and have been reading all your excellent posts and info - thanks to all those that have pointed me towards endless web searches and inevitable future purchases!

So, I live in Cyprus... enough about me tho.

This morning I collected my new FZ6 Fazer - traded in my 2005 XTX660X and blatted it home from Pafos in the blazing sunshine - what a bike! I'm already impressed, especially with the low-speed handling (the XTX was a nightmare at low speed) and the high speed isn't too bad either!

Looking forward to contributing to your wonderful forum.

SDC10416.jpg

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org

Regged-up here a week or so ago and have been reading all your excellent posts and info - thanks to all those that have pointed me towards endless web searches and inevitable future purchases!

This morning I collected my new FZ6 Fazer - traded in my 2005 XTX660X and blatted it home from Pafos in the blazing sunshine - what a bike! I'm already impressed, especially with the low-speed handling (the XTX was a nightmare at low speed) and the high speed isn't too bad either!

Hello Everyone,

I´m Vinicius Santos, from Brazil and I´ve just acquired a brand new FZ6N, here aret he pics, hope you like it: Picasa Web Albums - Vinicius - FZ6n Day 1.

Thank you.

:welcome: Enjoy and ride safe! Nice pics of both bikes, I think you are both going to enjoy the FZ6 :D

jecht_sphere

Reaction score
Visit site

SDC10416.jpg

Welcome cyprus. ive got the same bike as you do. same color too. 2008 model.

garciade

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello my name is Delmer Garcia and I am new to the forum. I am 26 y/o and live in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I work as a Physician Assistant (PA) in the ER and get harassed all the time for owning a "donor-cycle" or "murder-cycle," but so far so good....

I just bought a 2004 FZ6 and its beautiful. It was like new with only 1,300mi. 5 Days after buying it I left on a 1,100 mile trip around Lake Michigan with 10 other riders. It was awesome!

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Hello my name is Delmer Garcia and I am new to the forum. I am 26 y/o and live in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I work as a Physician Assistant (PA) in the ER and get harassed all the time for owning a "donor-cycle" or "murder-cycle," but so far so good....

I just bought a 2004 FZ6 and its beautiful. It was like new with only 1,300mi. 5 Days after buying it I left on a 1,100 mile trip around Lake Michigan with 10 other riders. It was awesome!

:welcome: Enjoy and ride safe.

With regard to the harassment, my wife is a firefighter and I got the same kind of crap for about the first 3 months, I gave up trying to honor it with a response, here we are 3 years later and she rides 2 up with me sometimes :D

Moral of the story, they will stop harassing you.

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
Got 100% on the written test last night. First day of the riding part of the course today. Huge thunderstorm. Lightning, down pour. I hope that's not intended to be a sign!

Congrats, I got a 100% on the test too, but I choked on the skill test and got a 80. I looked at the lines in the u turns, and my foot hit the ground 2x, and didn't brake hard enough on the stop.

They told me that we ride rain or shine, have fun.

Daryldaddy

Elite Member
Reaction score
central BC / Canada...on beautifull Quesnel lake
Visit site
Hi there , hay there ,ho there...I'am a senior citizen from Likely BC. I have had about 35 scooters, give or take a few , in my life time...but my 2009 FZ6is the most fun bike I have ever owned....My name is Daryl, but most people call me papa smurf or *******...this winter I will strip this new puppy down and rework the power plant.... also cosmetics...Hmmmm the blue ones are the fastest, red ones are a bit slower, so where is my black one standing...just curious....? I'am an aircraft mech. ( M2 ) but presently working as a millwright at a local gold mine. Love the outdoors as much as my new fazer.I'am fun loveing and thrive on adrenalin rushes...clutching wheelies at 80 k is a turn on ...dam ....it keeps me in shape and massages the prostate...it's a win/win situation . yamaha or whatever chatting would be cool........Take care all.......Daryl....:spank:

Nomad198

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there, I'm from Tamworth England

currently riding a ybr 125 custom but am moving up to an 09 FZ6 Fazer after i've passed my test, in autumn orange with ABS no less :thumbup:

htdub

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi

Pretty new Fz6 owner, this is my second bike, first bike was a GS250, kindly donated by my friend.

Picked up my 2005 about 2 months ago, have enjoyed it so far, still learning a ton about it via this forum.

Got a bit of the mod bug, replaced the windscreen, scorpion pipes, fender eliminator etc.

Photo of my fz6 picking up the scorpion exhaust from the post office.

Safe riding

billnit

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

Wanted to say hi as a new member from the UK.

Currently fazer-less but soon hope to find a FZ6 to sit along side my RVF400 which is being put into semi-retirement due to the fact that my back and wrists cant take much more punishment.

The soon to be wife is also taking an interest in riding pillion, so need to get something more sensible with a bit more grunt 2-up! :thumbup:

Hope to pick all your brains about buying, riding and looking after a fazer in the coming weeks, months....years...?

Cheers

Paul

Dandy D

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there!!

Just joined up after having accidentally found this site in searching for answers to a disturbing vibration problem. I fixed the problem after doing a few checks on things. Needless to say I will not overfill the oil again!! What a huge difference! I don't think my Effie has ever been so smooth. :)

My ride is a stock '05 that I have had since 2007. I got it used with ONLY 1,270 km for about $2,200 CDN off the new sticker price. Well by the end of 2007 she had 12,000 kms and now I've rolled 24,000km under my arse.

She's my second - divorced my first love, an 2003 GS500, to move up to something with more highway legs but would still be comfortable. The FZ6 is working out just fine...

I've only been riding since 2004 - starting at the ripe young age of 38 (yes, years) with no regrets for starting that late at all. I think if I had of started riding when I was in my 20's, say, I don't think I would have made it this far. With age comes fear hahaha. Don't get me wrong - I still like wearing off those stubborn chicken strips and have been known to scrape a peg once in a while. Yum!

When not riding I do work as an engineer, oddly enough sometimes designing roadways, as well as other land development facilities. We (my wife Kay and I) live in Edmonton and have 2 cats (Kay loves the Admin's avatar!!) Luka and my boy, Zuki, named after my GS.
Enough for now. I'll be checking back!! Thanks for being here. :)

Last edited:
H

halfahero

Hey, I'm Patrick. 24-year-old from Tulsa, OK. Just purchased my 2007 FZ6 2 days ago.

My first motorcycle, just learned how to ride 2 weeks ago. Always wanted one, just now got around to having the time and money to be able to. It's a wonderful bike and I've gotten comforatble with incredibly quickly.

Just saw that it's been discontinued for 2010. I admit, I was one of those plastic-ogling types until I realized the insurance difference and I started looking around. The FZ6 came out on top in my research and I somehow got lucky enough to find one for sale around here for an incredible deal. I don't know why they don't sell better, but I am very pleased with my purchase.

The discontinuation and rarity of my bike has changed my view from "learn and sell" to "mint and keep."

I look forward to being a part of this community.