New member welcome thread..

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys. I'm JP, from Nova Scotia, Canada, but have lived all over Canada, and been all over the world. I'm a medic with the Canadian Forces.

I've been a FZ6 rider since I got back from Afghanistan in early '07. I bought a new late model silver/black 2005 (the FASTEST and best looking Fazer) as soon as I found one (the last one left ;p), and had to drive 7 hours with a U-Haul trailer to get it in a blizzard (I bought it in March). I pulled it out for the first time in early April to go for a test ride, and after 300m almost dumped it making a left hand turn... something to do with 7 degree (Celcius) pavement, and a cold rear tire (lol). I completed a trip around the block in 2nd gear, and stashed it until we had warmer (longer) weather. Best bike I've rode by far, and I love it.

My first bike was a 1984 Honda Nighthawk 750S (another awesome bike). I traded it for some scuba diving equipment, and put it on the road (after ~$300 worth of work). It had 72000km on it, and when I finally dumped it (bad crash...) I had 111000km, after only 2 years.

Now, I like long walks on the beach, eating under the stars...err, I mean...

I like the wind on my face, the rubber side down, and riding with the 'pack' to places I've never been, for no reason other than to ride there.

Cheers,

FLuK28

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Everyone,

I've been on here for a few weeks now, but never really introduced myself.

My name is Rob and I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I don't have a bike yet but am going to pick up an FZ6 in the new year. I grew up driving dirtbikes. My parents wouldn't buy me one cause they thought they were too dangerous. So I saved up my allowance and money they gave me for getting straight A's and bought my own when i was 8. It was a Yamaha PW-80. I gave it to my little brother a year later then bought a YZ-80 which is a whole lot of bike at that age lol.

I Dj house music. It used to provide me with good money, but now has taken a backburner to my new job. I work as the business development manager for a mutual fund company.

So if you're from Southern Ontario, let me know. I am going to need some riding buddies next year.

Take care!!

rabernar

rabernar
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey JP - Welcome!
I can attest to the Silver 2005 working equally well in the swelter that is Houston, Texas. Excellent choice and best wishes on upcoming bike-weather rides. Rabernar

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I forgot all about this thread!

There are way too many names to try and list off, so I'll just say hi to all of the new folks. I've just read through about the last ten pages of intros and that hardly scratched the surface of new faces! I hope to see you all posting up in the forums. I think you'll find it a welcoming, easy-going group here.

Gear up, ride often, post with pics. Check, check, and check.

thornsby004

Reaction score
Visit site
hey guys, new here, my name is shannon and i'm from alabama. just got my fz6 saturday. my first sportbike. glad to find a good forum to hang out at. look forward to talking/meeting you guys.

oh, it's an 07 with 5k miles, and super fast blue.

shannon

Airhead

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum but not to the FZ. I've got an 04 FZ in silver and have been riding nearly every day since I bought it in September of '07. Figured it would be best to let everyone know you had a new lurker on the loose!:Lurking:

BrentC

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi y'all! Just picked up a 2009 FZ6 on the weekend and loving it. I am a Canuck working and living in Raleigh, NC. Working on my southern accent, but gets all messed up with my Canadian eh. Anyways enough babbling... need to do more riding!

Jez

Reaction score
Visit site
Morning all. Just found this place and have been having a look round. I recently passed the new UK bike test and bought an early FZ6, registered November 2003, so must be one of the first. Still very tidy condition and it's a blast to ride :cool:

3640955069_5af46555b3_o.jpg

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Morning all. Just found this place and have been having a look round. I recently passed the new UK bike test and bought an early FZ6, registered November 2003, so must be one of the first. Still very tidy condition and it's a blast to ride :cool:

:welcome: and enjoy!!! :cheer:

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org

:welcome: Enjoy and ride safe!

coiled

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,

Thought I should say hi! I have just bought an '08 FZ6N new as a runout from the dealer and it is my first motorbike. Prior to this we had scooters with the last one being a little Aprilia 250. Went ok for a scooter to buzz in and out of town.

I live in Brisbane, Australia.

gengod

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,
my name is Gene. I'm in San Diego. I've been riding for 14 years now. Started with a Honda Hurricane (stolen), Suzuki GS500 (rode to the ground), Suzuki SV1000s and now the FZ6 07, Blue.
Didn't have a car until very recently (Kids).

I'm a mechanic, but not for motorcycles. So I'm always wrenching on something in the garage. I hate taking the bike in to the shop for anything. I'll fix it or it will remain broken.
I appreciate all the help i've been given looking at the advice of others, so I will try to post anything mechanical that I've done that might be helpful.
Gene

the_newt

Reaction score
Visit site
hello. i'm ryan and i'm in arlington tx. i sold my 01 sv650 last week and haggled my way into an red 07 FZ6 with only 1000 miles on it. i can't wait for the sun to come up so i can go to the sorta local motorcycle shop and get the inspection sticker updated for it just so i can ride it again.

jazond

KneeDragger in training
Reaction score
Visit site
Howdy all,

Jason here - got my 09 Fz6 about 3 weeks ago. I enjoy the heck out of it, but there are still some things I am getting used to as my prior bike was a Harley. (First questions was "where do i put the hwy pegs?")

Already come up with a parts list of all the mods i want to do, now I just have to convince the wife that we need them. ;)

Ride safe!
~Jason

runforfun7

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

My name is Blake and I just got my 2006 Blue FZ6 on July 31st. It is my first bike and I have put 150 miles on it since I got it. It had 5119 when purchased. I took the Motorcycle Safety Foundation class about 1 week before buying the bike. In Virginia the class is a lot better than taking the test at the DMV. I've really enjoyed it so far and look forward to many safe miles ahead!

Barri

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all of you!
I'm Barri, from Argentina, and it's an honour for me to be a part of this FZ6 family.
I'm 37, radiologist and the Fazer i've got is a 2009 Autumn Orange.
I'll post some pics soon... :thumbup:

Mikbob

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm Mik. Just found this place earlier on to get info. I've been riding for almost 6yrs and bought my FZ6 Fazer S2 new last year. I've modded it slightly, mainly just to make it more practical, like a taller screen, hand guards and a fender extender. And others to make it look better. I've done over 14000 miles on it so far and will be doing another 1100 miles in the next week going around France.

Can find pictures on BikePics

Mik

youngy

Reaction score
Visit site
Youngy here, in Cambridgeshire UK. Age 43 and been riding for a while now. Too many bikes to mention.

Picked up an 04 FZ6 Fazer a couple of weeks ago and reasonably happy with it, but it doesn't go round corners very well! I'll have to try changing the tyre pressures and see if that helps.