New member welcome thread..

myridefz6

Reaction score
Visit site
HI,

My name is Susan and I live in Northern NJ. I bought my first new bike, the FZ6 in 2004. I have one the first bikes delivered to the east coast. I learned on a Yamaha XT350? and cut my teeth on a 1980's FJ600. I am very happy with my bike and do a lot of long distance riding. A few of my favorite trips have been to the autoroad, Mt. Washington in New Hampshire and Tail of the Dragon in NC/TN.. and West Virginia.

Susan

Alot of new members join and dont introduce themselves so Ive added this thread for all to introduce yourself....

Ill go first...

Hi all I am From Langley BC Canada. I started this site due to a lack of sites dedicated to the bike I love.... the FZ6 of course... It doesnt matter how crappy a day I have had, all I have to do is put on my gear and go.... The world disappears... the FZ6 is my first bike.. Its a 2005 Galaxy Blue one.. (Yeah the blue ones are faster... Its not a rumor). I am an Engineer and currently work rebuilding crash damaged helicopters and general Helicopter maintenance..... Okay nuff about me... Who is next.... Writeme43? Bren?....

Dennis

Zeljkamp

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all my name is Dragan, I'm from Belgrade (Serbia) and I bought my FZ6 four months ago. My bike is silver but I will change the color in black.

Last edited:

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

I just bought a 2005 FZ6, it's my first sports bike! I'm looking foward to warmer weather so I can ride it instead of just sit on it and wish (it's really cold in upstate NY right now)! It's the fastest gray (silver?) color! :thumbup:

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone :thumbup: ....my name is ante, i am 21 and i come from croatia....i bought yamaha fz6n S2 month ago...it is my first bike and it could not be better... :)

HI,

My name is Susan and I live in Northern NJ. I bought my first new bike, the FZ6 in 2004. I have one the first bikes delivered to the east coast. I learned on a Yamaha XT350? and cut my teeth on a 1980's FJ600. I am very happy with my bike and do a lot of long distance riding. A few of my favorite trips have been to the autoroad, Mt. Washington in New Hampshire and Tail of the Dragon in NC/TN.. and West Virginia.

Susan

Hi all my name is Dragan, I'm from Belgrade (Serbia) and I bought my FZ6 four months ago. My bike is silver but I will change the color in black.

Hi all,

I just bought a 2005 FZ6, it's my first sports bike! I'm looking foward to warmer weather so I can ride it instead of just sit on it and wish (it's really cold in upstate NY right now)! It's the fastest gray (silver?) color! :thumbup:

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

JiriFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello I just registred today. Im Jiri from central Europe from Czech Republic and I have Yamaha FZ6 S2 naked the black one, its realy nice bike.
So thats all for know I have to learn use this website.

Silverback

MT Man!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone :thumbup: ....my name is ante, i am 21 and i come from croatia....i bought yamaha fz6n S2 month ago...it is my first bike and it could not be better... :)

Hi Ante, welcome to the throng....Was In Croatia back in 2005, stayed with a mate (also called Ante) in Zadar...Really liked it....Especially the value of the Kuna compared the the Aussie Dollar.....And the Rakja...NICE:rockon:
Visited SPLIT too while I was there...REALLY NICE SEASIDE TOWN......

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Ante, welcome to the throng....Was In Croatia back in 2005, stayed with a mate (also called Ante) in Zadar...Really liked it....Especially the value of the Kuna compared the the Aussie Dollar.....And the Rakja...NICE:rockon:
Visited SPLIT too while I was there...REALLY NICE SEASIDE TOWN......

And a big welcome to you Mr "Silverback', my good ol buddy, who has decided to finally impart his infinite, insightful wisdom upon this poor forum! It will never be the same again.

:eek:

BigRatt

Reaction score
Visit site
My name is John. I'm from around Hot Springs, Arkansas (you know, where Capone and the gang used to come gamble and get the spa treatment!). Just bought an 07 FZ6 fresh out of the crate. Wanted a blue one but all they had left was a red one. If I get really desperate, maybe a can of spray paint??

Got a lot of good info from this forum when I was trying to decide which bike to buy. Thanks all!

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi John and :welcome: Congrats on the new bike,pity about the colour but we can't all have the uberfast blue I guess :D

Glad you enjoy the forum ,put up a pic when you can :thumbup:

sfcali86

Proud Dad
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi I'm from Petaluma CA I'm an aircraft mechanics I deal with lots if stressfull work my bike keeps me sane I own a 08 stealthy black fz6 I love riding it helps me relax especially here in the wine country amazing places to see it's my first bike just got my license in September 08 wife let me haha I'm expecting a son in may very excited

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello, my name is Powell and I live in Los Angeles. I've been riding my first streetbike, a 2006 EX500, for two years/14,000 canyon-carving miles -lucky to have learned to ride on some of the best roads in the country (world?) out here in Southern CA.
I feel spoiled, hehe.

I want a 600, but practicality, budget, insurance quotes, common sense, and fate keep pointing me towards the FZ6. A friend-of-a-friend is selling his 2005 FZ before the season, and I will hopefully give it a nice new home. Look forward to chatting with y'all!

PS - let me know if any of you will be in the market for a 2006 EX500 in the next month or two ;)

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey PowellB! I'm in LA too. Anyways, what will be your asking price on the EX500? My housemate might be interested if he can afford it.

I was going to put it up on Craigslist for $3000 obo. It's got some scratches due to a low-side, but mechanically it's great.

I'm 6', so I raised the back 1.5" to better fit me and make it handle better. Figured I should mention that since I know a lot of people go for the EX wanting a low seat height.

PM me and I'll answer any questions, otherwise I'll make sure to post in the forum to announce the sale.

smiffyboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello there, I've just joined the biking fraternity after a 20 year stop gap! Got a new Fazer S2 pretty good to get me going on the road again. have added a scorpion system and it has a slightly rude soundtrack, which is very,very nice indeed.

So a big hello from a newbie biker:uk:

Paul

throttleaddict

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi I'm James from Yorkshire, UK. I work in the oil patch and just recently passed my test and bought an FZ6 straight off. Take a look at the photos below, hope they came through OK.

Great site, keep up the hard work everybody!

BigRatt

Reaction score
Visit site
I like it. Wish they sold they the fully naked version here in the US. Welcome, from another forum noob!