New member welcome thread..

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi and :welcome: to the group if you hang out here I,m not sure how long your "like my bike as -is " attitude will last ,lol.

Have fun and post lots :thumbup:

Dr.Landau

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all!!!! My names Matt and I live in the dreaded northeast of the US, Connecticut to be specific. The only place with a shorter riding season is possibly Alaska?!?
Im pushing 40 and have been riding since before the purpose of my manhood was discovered. At age 20 I had a near life ender on a Katana and took a 14 year hiatus from streetfighting. I made a modest return with a found love for two strokes,RD's to be exact and really enjoy the wrenching on the 2 wheeled chainsaws.
With the recent $4.00/gal gas spikes this year I was paying about $8.00/gal to enjoy riding again, what'a fool. Anyway, winter is here and I've been doing my research, and have decided on an fz6. The RD made appx.40hp with all reasonable mods and jumping to 98hp or so will be a nice gain.
Ive not decided on which year to purchase as of yet and am joining pre-purchase to learn from you on the forum. Ive pretty good mechanical knowledge/skill and like stripping bikes to bare bones.
Blah blah blah already, thanks ahead'a time---
Heres the 77RD400 before and after. Its modern now, but not modern enough!

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A big :welcome: to all our new members :thumbup:

Hello, my name is Philippe and I am from Belgium. I ride a 2007 lava red fz6 and it is equiped with a leovince exhaust system. For the rest my bike is stock. So I do would like to spend some time here on the forum and get to know people from around the world. :)

Welcome to the forum Philippe, Nice bike ;)
See you in the social group.
BTW Mastakilla is from down your way.:thumbup:

BlueLineFz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all! My name is Michael, I'm 23, and I was born and raised in Wild & Wonderful West (By God) Virginia. (Insert pause for obligitory redneck joke...1...2...3) I've lived here all my life but I've had some great chances to travel and have visited about 16 other countries. 17 if you count New York City as a different country (I know I do). I make my living arresting bad guys, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I have a Bachelors degree in Criminal Justice from Marshall University, let's go Herd! I'm Also an SAE, so Phi Alpha if any of you guys are brothers.

I've been "in the process" of buying an Fz6 since May of '08, But something always seems to get in the way. I came really close to buying a Blue (faster) '08, but now I'm trying to decide between a good deal on a Red (sexier) '07 and a great deal on a Blue '05. When I first discovered the Fz6 I hoped to get a Red '07, but guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I've been checking this site out for almost as long as i've been jonesing for an Fz6 and I have to say it's pretty awesome. Just what an obsessive personality like me needs. You guys really know your stuff and I've learned a lot. So... Thanks!

:spank: Sorry, I had to throw one of these guys in there. They crack me up.

Last edited:

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
Welcome to the forum Blue. As you have already found out, this is a great place to visit and get just about all the information that you can about an FZ6. I hope that you are finally able to make a decision on which bike to get. Either way, I'm sure that you'll be pleased with your choice.

Yeah, the smilies are kind of fun aren't they? This one is my personal fav: :tard:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am new to site and I love it. I have been riding since I was six years old and I bought my FZ6 when I returned to Iraq, it was my wife's present to me! Since then I have ridden it like I stole it.... ok, maybe not!

In March my wife approved the purchase of my new toy! An 08 Busa!!! I still ride my FZ6 almost daily as it is a blast to ride. I am not big on moding my bike, but I think this site will change me!

Man, you must be a top bloke, your wife has "approved" 2 bikes......ya gotta be doing something right!

Welcome anyway, good choice of bike, on both bikes.....

Post lots, stay upright.

:thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all!!!! My names Matt and I live in the dreaded northeast of the US, Connecticut to be specific. The only place with a shorter riding season is possibly Alaska?!?
Im pushing 40 and have been riding since before the purpose of my manhood was discovered. At age 20 I had a near life ender on a Katana and took a 14 year hiatus from streetfighting. I made a modest return with a found love for two strokes,RD's to be exact and really enjoy the wrenching on the 2 wheeled chainsaws.
With the recent $4.00/gal gas spikes this year I was paying about $8.00/gal to enjoy riding again, what'a fool. Anyway, winter is here and I've been doing my research, and have decided on an fz6. The RD made appx.40hp with all reasonable mods and jumping to 98hp or so will be a nice gain.
Ive not decided on which year to purchase as of yet and am joining pre-purchase to learn from you on the forum. Ive pretty good mechanical knowledge/skill and like stripping bikes to bare bones.
Blah blah blah already, thanks ahead'a time---
Heres the 77RD400 before and after. Its modern now, but not modern enough!

Very cool man! And welcome! I LOVE TWO STROKES! My first season of roadracing way back in 1986ish was on a 1977 RD400. They go like crap! So much fun. The next year I "graduated" to an RZ350, even faster.

What kind of stuff have you done to her?

You will love the FZ, faster, smoother, turns quicker, stops faster, the whole thing. And when you get on it on it over 8,000 it is almost like a two stroke coming on pipe.

Superchimp

Reaction score
www.niemal.pl
Hi to everyone!

My name is Mike and I come from Warsaw city in Poland / Europe :)
I've bought my FZ6 S2 (silver) just an hour ago so I'm still pretty exited.
Wanted it in black but they run out of it, so from now on I think that the silver ones are the fastest and the cutiest ;)

Before buying my new girl, I had a lady Suzuki (Bandit 600SY).

And that's it for now :)
I'm looking forward to meet you all.

Cheers,
Mike,

Deano

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Fella's and Felles'es,
My name is Dean Strang (Deano) and I live in Christchurch, New Zeland (most Aussie's will know where that is but for the rest of you it's a small group of islands down under Australia between the Tasman Sea and the Pacific Ocean - Just north of Antarctica lol)
I'm 32 next week (New Years Eve). I work as a Airline pilot with Mt Cook Ailine (subsidery of Air New Zealand). I'm getting married in March - no children but have a Beagle called Floyd and a Tabby cat called Fletcher.
Have recently moved up to the FZ6N (Black), prior to that I had a
Honda VTR 250, and Yamaha MX80.
Just want to add a Big THANK YOU to the lads who set up this site and to those who have contributed, I've found it helpful and a tad addictive (according to my Fiance')
Keep up the good work
Cheers Deano :thumbup:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Fella's and Felles'es,
My name is Dean Strang (Deano) and I live in Christchurch, New Zeland (most Aussie's will know where that is but for the rest of you it's a small group of islands down under Australia between the Tasman Sea and the Pacific Ocean - Just north of Antarctica lol)
I'm 32 next week (New Years Eve). I work as a Airline pilot with Mt Cook Ailine (subsidery of Air New Zealand). I'm getting married in March - no children but have a Beagle called Floyd and a Tabby cat called Fletcher.
Have recently moved up to the FZ6N (Black), prior to that I had a
Honda VTR 250, and Yamaha MX80.
Just want to add a Big THANK YOU to the lads who set up this site and to those who have contributed, I've found it helpful and a tad addictive (according to my Fiance')
Keep up the good work
Cheers Deano :thumbup:

A big Aussie :welcome: :welcome: Kiwi brother , looking forward to the friendly banter during the Cricket and Footy seasons :D

HouTex

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone. My name is Joe from Houston, Tx and I have been lurking on the forums for a bit while I was researching bikes. I was looking at the SV650 and the FZ6. I had ridden my friend's Honda 919 after I had taken the MSF course and got my M endorsement on my license and though I had no real trouble driving it, I felt something less than 919cc would be much better to develop my skills on.
So I purchased a black 2008 FZ6 from a forum member (Coreknelius). It is a fantastic bike.
I am a 41 year old newb and have really enjoyed browsing the site and hope to contribute to it as I gain experience.

agmom98

Navy mom
Reaction score
www.agmom98.com
Welcome to the forum, HouTex! I'm in the Houston area, too, so maybe we'll see each other on the road sometime.

This is a great forum and I've learned a lot about by FZ, so browse the various folders or use the "search" function for any specific questions.

2000 Intruder

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello, my name is Brian and I live in Arkansas. I'm using this forum to research my next (2nd) bike purchase. Thanks to all of you for putting so much good information about the FZ6 online.

vhooda

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, My name is Vik Hooda. I live in Aberystwyth, Wales. I have had my FZ6 for more than two years now. My first bike and only 1000 miles due to time and weather constraints. Happy to see you all.

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
Hiya Vik,

:welcome: to the forum! If I've learned anything from this forum, it's not necessarily the quantity that you ride, it's the quality. However, I've personally found that after being a member of this board that I've been inspired to ride more since I began riding again.

This is a great forum. But I'm sure you've already realized that. :D

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hows it going?,I got my first bike at 11.it was a 1971 yamaha tourqe induction 175 enduro.it was allmost the same color red as my not so slow 07 fz6.it lit a fire in me that fueled me to be who i am today.un officially i have 23 years experiance turning wrenches on bikes.for 17 years ive repaired everything that burns fossil fuel for a living.the last four years i spent as an acura technician,but i injured myself on my wifes Gazelle excersise machine! LOL i was showing off.with aflac paying my bills for 4 weeks i had time to kill, so i went to visit my brother who had been working a my local yamaha,suzuki,kawasaki, dealership for a couple of months.I was insantly hooked, so i gave my notice to acura and started working as a motorcycle tech with my brother in april 2008. im happier than ive ever been.I wake up to go to work with a smile on my face now! if you find yourself in shreveport,la. stop by Alleman cycle plex, and say hi,im never too busy for a fellow fz6 owner! LOL

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome shreveport1, vhooda and 2000 Intruder! :welcome:

I have found that winter is hard on your pocketbook when you are on the forum - so beware! ;)