New member welcome thread..

kcrunch1

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

My name is Kern & I'm from Union City, CA and just bought a used 2006 FZ-6 with R6 fork and front brake calipers, master cylinder and brake levers. It also has FZ1 bars. I have been riding now for 5 years. I started on a 92 Kawasaki EX 500 moved on to a 92 BMW K75 then to a 02 BMW R1150RT, then a 08 Suzuki Burgman 400, and now to this bike. I took an early retirement last year so have plenty of time for riding and I put 2500 mi. on the Suzuk Burgman 400 in 3 mnths just on local twisties.

I hope to learn from this forum all there is about the FZ6.

ShadowChillaGin

Reaction score
Visit site
Name is Justin and I am from Rochester,MN. I am 25 years old and currently 7 months away from completing my Associate of Arts in Information Technology. I am buying a 2007 Yamaha FZ6 this weekend and it will be my first bike! Yeah yeah I know some of you will contest to the FZ6 not being a beginner's bike but I will take it slow. I am also signing up the BRC that starts in a month. Looking forward to getting to know all of you and maybe meeting some of you while riding in the area.

mike051987

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello. My name is Mike, I'm 23 years old, and I live near Steubenville, Ohio, which is right on the Ohio/West Virginia Northern Panhandle Border. I have an associate's degree in Information Technology, and I am now working as an application developer in Weirton, WV.

I have never ridden any dirtbikes, 4 wheelers, or anything with a clutch before, so I am a completely new rider.

I bought a 2006 Yamaha FZ6 for my first bike and I am wondering if that was a mistake. I'm thinking it probably has a little bit too much power for me right now. I may be looking to buy a Ninja 250 so if anyone lives near me that wants to sell theirs let me know!

I haven't taken a safety course yet, but I plan to be taking one that starts April 9th.

I am looking forward to getting to know everyone and hopefully make some new friends. If there's anyone that lives near me, maybe we can go riding sometime!

Armorer327

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, I'm Leo and I live in Anchorage, AK. I'm currently a Civilian Contractor working as a Small Arms Repairman in Iraq for the US Army. Right now I ride a V-Star 1300 Cruiser, but am looking into purchasing a Yamaha FZ-6 and turning it into a "Streetfighter" if I can swing it after this trip to the "sandbox". I'm looking forward to learning all I can on the FZ-6.

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, my name is Angel, 36, I'm in Cocoa FL and yesterday I went to pick up my first bike, a brand new 2009 FZ6.

Last year (around August) I started riding with my girlfriend's Suzuki 500 (indeed I learned to ride on that bike), then she moved up to a Suzuki 650F (which she let's me ride too). I took the basic training course late in November (09) and it felt so good to ride my FZ6 from the dealer to my house.

Even though I have been riding here and there for the last couple of months, I still consider myself a beginner.

My first impressions on the bike were great. This weekend I'll be able to put up some miles on it.

Thanks for all the great resources offered here.

Jarad

U Don't Fit on Back
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello FZ6 members,

My name is Jarad and live in Minneapolis, MN. One would wonder why we CHOOSE to live in a frozen tundra and I do also. Today, I picked up my 2007 Yamaha FZ6. It had been sitting at a dealer for 400~ days with only 402 miles on it. A woman had traded it in 400~ days agao as it was her first bike and was scared to death to ride it. I thought I owned it to this wonderful bike to give it a good home. This is my first bike. I am a brand spanking new driver and spent 3 hours on it today and nearly cried when it started to get dark out. (damn permit restricition). I take the beginner course in May but if it was legal to marry motorcycles I would be down on one knee. I am simply blindly in love.

I look forward to learning alot and as a beginner, I appreciate all the good info contained inside.

:Sport:

oregonative56

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all. My name is Doug. Just bought a 2009 FZ6. This is my first bike since my 1976 RD400, which I still have in mid restoration, in numerous boxes in the garage. I don't know yet if it's as fast as the blue one because due to foul weather I haven't had a chance to ride it yet. looking forward to getting back into the sport and gleaning all available info from this site.

Blueknight

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm Rick. Been riding for 42 years and had more bikes than I care to remember. Just bought a 2009 FZ6R from an estate for a song and a dance. Had all of 370 miles on it. After riding liter bikes for many years, thought it might be interesting to see what the new breed of 600's could do. The FZ6 is awesome. Decent power and amazing handling. The power is right on blasting through turns. Also ride a Can-Am Spyder which is a whole other experience. Really like the Yamaha. Now it's time to find some performance mods......

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: everyone!! You chose a great bike and an even greater forum to join. A lot of great ideas available for you, just remember the "search" function.
And always....
Ride your ride & ATGATT

Ares

racing_fan

Not so Junior Member
Reaction score
picasaweb.google.com
Hi all!!

31 yr old having an early mid life crisis...so decided to get biking...

Got my license last week and an FZ6 this week...awesome looking thing...best looking bike ever built IMHO

oh and by the way... I do think that i am the only asian-immigrant-muslim-pakistani-biker-photographer in the western world... :eek:

Yami4Life

Get Out & Ride!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello, my name is Matt and i'm from Baltimore, Maryland.

I ride a silver 2004 FZ6 and also a blue Raptor 350 if I can find the time to ride it.

I actually joined this site awhile ago mainly for MODS and INFO purposes, and I must say that this site has been extremely helpful! Best FZ site around hands down!

:rockon:

yama4566

Reaction score
Visit site
HI Everyone!

My name is Justin and I am from Minneapolis Minnesota and I ride an 09 FZ6 (faster blue) and loving every minute of it!! I'm really enjoying reading all of the threads and seeking help (when clueless) from everyone. This site is great!
:rockon:

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok my turn. I'm Cameron from Sydney. Blessed with a loving wife who understands my passion for bikes, and twin 2yo boys who love making throttle movements with their wrists and screaming 'vroom vroom' when I get home from work :)

I'm the marketing manager at a motorcycle dealership. I've been riding for over 15 years, but am now lucky enough to be able to ride a huge range of bikes. I recently struck the RSV4 Factory off my list - whooa what a rush.

But when it came time to upgrade my 'in-betweeny' bike, a DRZ400SM, I decided that the most complete all-round package whilst being great value was none other than the FZ6. My graphite FZ6N arrived today, we uncrate it and wet her up tomorrow. I've already purchased half the things on my subtle mods list, and can't wait to get wrenching.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to all the new members.

Remember, ride your own ride, ATGATT and lots and lots of pics (especially you Cameron - want to see your new bike tomorrow :thumbup:)

nswamy

Newbie Nav
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,

Name is Nav and I'm a brand spankin' new rider living in the DC area. Turned 40 couple weeks ago and decided it was time to go for the excitement - researched bikes and found the FZ6 to be the best for me! Bought an '07 and really love the looks - took the MSF course this past weekend and did GREAT during practice but choked and failed the test :( - just crushed and embarrassed bcuz others who passed should not be on the road. Setup for a retest this coming Sunday and trying to get my confidence back. Anyways - glad to be part of this Forum - seems to have a ton of great information and good people.

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,

Name is Nav and I'm a brand spankin' new rider living in the DC area. Turned 40 couple weeks ago and decided it was time to go for the excitement - researched bikes and found the FZ6 to be the best for me! Bought an '07 and really love the looks - took the MSF course this past weekend and did GREAT during practice but choked and failed the test :( - just crushed and embarrassed bcuz others who passed should not be on the road. Setup for a retest this coming Sunday and trying to get my confidence back. Anyways - glad to be part of this Forum - seems to have a ton of great information and good people.

Good luck with your retest!

Don't overthink it, deep breath, relax and it should all come naturally.

:welcome:

Stay safe and ATGATT

maddog1922

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey,

Names Matt, been lurking on this forum for a few months now. Having passed my test last Oct I bought a bandit, I rode this at every chance I got until it snowed in January. Recently I felt I have gotten all i wanted out of the Bandit and after riding a 05 plate FZ6 my mind was made up! It took me a good few weeks but last Tue I finally found one that I liked and was the right price!

I got a 08 s2 FZ6 in white with a red stripe down the tank, 1 previous owner and at the time of buying 1761 miles on her!

Here she is:

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey,

Names Matt, been lurking on this forum for a few months now. Having passed my test last Oct I bought a bandit, I rode this at every chance I got until it snowed in January. Recently I felt I have gotten all i wanted out of the Bandit and after riding a 05 plate FZ6 my mind was made up! It took me a good few weeks but last Tue I finally found one that I liked and was the right price!

I got a 08 s2 FZ6 in white with a red stripe down the tank, 1 previous owner and at the time of buying 1761 miles on her!

Here she is:

:welcome: Matt

It's called Competition White - it's the same as mine - 08 FZ6N. Love it.

Glad to see you here.

Ride safe, ATGATT, post often and post pics!

:D

1adam1212

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello All,

My name is Adam, I'm 34 and I live in Western New York. My wife and I have been riding cruisers for the last 4 years. She has a V-Star 1100 Custom, I have a V-Star 1300 (Both great bikes) and now a beautiful black '09 FZ6 is added to the stable.

I originally set out looking at the Street Triple, Z1000 or the FZ1. I test rode them all (except the Triple, long story) and just about pulled the trigger on the FZ1 but just before I signed the paperwork I decided to take the FZ6 for a spin. Love a first ride, plenty of power, great ergos and handling...

I picked her up 2 weeks ago and I've only had a chance to put 100 miles on her but the mod bug has already bitten me (and it's to cold to ride today) so I tore in and did BD43's Dual Headlight mod. (Great mod)

Now to find the next mod, so many to chose :rolleyes: