New member welcome thread..

nsikes

Reaction score
Visit site
Just bought my first modern bike (my 1981 Honda CB650 doesn't count).

2006 FZ6 Blue. 6500 miles,Scorpion Exhaust, $4000!!!!

Central Iowa

Looking for some track training if you know of something in Iowa.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello, new member my first post. I have a 2008 Raven Black:rockon:. I got it last week new with 0 miles on it. Put 600 on it this weekend. Good all around bike just what I was looking for. Happy to be aboard this forum.:aus:

with that Aussie flag waving at the bottom of your post, are we to presume that you are an Aussie living in the states?

Welcome, by the way! Black is the best!

fadge

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,iam Nigel from the birth place of the bumpy road,England South Yorkshire .I own one of those black FZ6 that goes round corners real slow especially when i ride it,not done a lot of riding as the mileage on the bike shows 2500 in two years,hey but they were tough miles NOT

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,iam Nigel from the birth place of the bumpy road,England South Yorkshire .I own one of those black FZ6 that goes round corners real slow especially when i ride it,not done a lot of riding as the mileage on the bike shows 2500 in two years,hey but they were tough miles NOT

Blacki FZ6's are meant to go fast....as they are the fastest...get out and get on it boy! 2500 miles in 2 years.....What the????

:spank:

fadge

Reaction score
Visit site
What can i say, I HANG MY HEAD IN SHAME,serious had one of those hes pulling out on me moments rest is history,trying to get back into it

Burnspot

Reaction score
www.burningfiles.com
Just now saw this thread...guess I gotta say "Hi" since I'm new to this board. :D

Been a member of SBN's board (lurked here for awhile) for ages and have had my 2004 FZ6 for a few years (bought used with just under 10k on it). I don't ride as much as I'd like, but I have gone on some long distance motorcycle tenting trips on the Fizzer (BRP trips) and had a great deal of fun (before I got married). My wife rides 2up with me and loves it, but we haven't done any long distance runs 2up yet.

Late last year and parts of this year, I nearly sold the FZ to get an FJR since the wife seems inclined to explore the thrill of touring a bit more (2up). I think I'm now just going to stick with my bike and instead save up for some nice Givi luggage that'll allow us to carry more and make room for her on the back.

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Hello, my name is John. I am 43, the father of two beautiful daughters (15 & 16), my wife is a firefighter and I am an educator. I have a BA in Anthropolgy from UCSB.

I bought my 2006 FZ6, in Shift Red, brand new 2 years ago, it is my first street bike, I chose the FZ6 for the upright position and have not regretted it. I have put 18,000 miles on it in the past two years, including a round trip from California to Missouri, it is a comfortable bike, but that trip was rough, I averaged about 500 miles a day (wish I would have seen that seat modification thread before that trip).

I just ran across this forum last week and have seen and read some very cool things. After 2 years of riding it OEM I am ready for some mods, I have already started with some of the step by step threads I have seen in this forum, cut down the rear hugger and opened up the intake on the airbox, thanks for the How to's.

I really like the look of Wolfmans Naked Bike and am thinking about going in that direction, definitely want some new slip ons, nothing real loud, just that nice powerful rumble, I've been looking at the Two Brothers, M4, and Scorpions, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all of the info you guys and gal's have posted, I look forward to learning more as I surf the forums.

Thanks!

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
Keep Leo Vince in your mind too...however, upon a side by side comparison of Leo Vince, Two Brothers, and Scorpion...and stock we noticed that they all sound the same above 5,000 RPM. It is mostly the idle/low rpm that is different sounding. We didn't have a camcorder.

Ride Night Thursday is down in LA if you're interested and we do have a guy come out from Simi Valley which isn't too far from you. I ride the Ventura loop a lot so one of these I'm sure we'll run into each other!

Goldbug

Reaction score
Visit site
A big hello to everybody here.

My name is Alex, I'm 28 and I live in Bucharest, Romania.

I own a lava red FZ6N for almost a year now and I simply adore it. Btw, lava red is by far the best colour for the naked version :D. I'm looking forward to check out your experience with this bike and also share my experience with you.

Oli-Fz6

Loud pipes save lifes!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

I'm Olivier, I'm half spanish, half belgian. I live in Brussels, BE.

My first bike was a Honda XL650V Transalp, after riding 20.000 km in one year I decided to move on to a more powerfull bike.

I've went to a Yamaha dealer and it was love on the first sight.
I've bought a 2004 silver/black FZ6.

Today I received my Leovince SBK's! I'm super exited! I will post some pics and vids of the installation.

It's great to be a member of a forum that's dedicated to our beloved motorcycle!

Cheers to all!

Olivier :rockon:

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
Hi,

I'm Olivier, I'm half spanish, half belgian. I live in Brussels, BE.

My first bike was a Honda XL650V Transalp, after riding 20.000 km in one year I decided to move on to a more powerfull bike.

I remember seeing those everywhere while I was in Europe...those are some super cool bikes...never rode it though and it's unavailable here in the states.

jdesiano1

Up to no Good
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Ya'll. New here from East Tn (near gatlinburg). I got a new fz6r in white and love it. Just wanted to say hi! oh yeah thats my hubby on squidxr. LOL

yoka

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,

My name is Yahya, I'm from Egypt, but live in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

I started to ride 1 year back, I bought Ninja zx6r totalled in the first ride. After recovery, i got myself Fz6 and i love it. Done so far 8000km on it and counting.

Still learning how to ride, and exploring what i like.

I like riding because even in the worst times, just taking the bike for an early morning or late night spin always manages to free my soul.

cheers all

Last edited: