New Member - The right bike at the right price?

Haelous

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone!

I'm new around here, and I am all but certain that the FZ6 is for me. I love the front end and the center exhaust style.

This would be my first bike, and I did ask my MSF instructors of their opinion on it as a first bike after seeing me ride, and they felt it would be a perfectly acceptable choice. I have also ridden a GSX-R600, but I do not own it.

Is $5500 for an 09 leftover (0 miles) an acceptable deal?

This is the dealer closest to me, and the ones further away won't match the price. I definitely want an 07 or newer and they're non-existent used around here.

$5500 is not "too much" for a first bike for me, considering what I really want is a Ducati Monster, but if it's not that good of a deal and I should try negotiating further down, I will.

Assuming it is, I will post pics by tomorrow of my new bike. :)

Thanks in advance!

TampaFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:

$5500 sounds like a really great price for an 09 with no miles considering retail is near $7K. I think this is a good medium sized bike with a wide power range that would work well for lesser experienced riders. I would put some frame sliders on it immediately to protect the bike, study riding technique and ride rural roads for awhile to get your riding up to par. I would also ride with high beams as the on light does not provide as much visibility as it should.

I bought an 08 with 2,200 miles and dropped it once turning out of my drive way too slow and my son dropped it forgetting the kick stand before I put on frame sliders. The bike seems to sit up higher than some bikes.

enjoy!!

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
$5500 OTD is a GREAT deal. So is it out the door? Or you have to pay freight, setup, etc bogus fees?

Why did you mention that the dealer further away won't match the price? Why would you want to go further to get the same price. :confused:

As I now suggest to everybody, get the EXTENDED Oes Accessories frame sliders. It saved my ass.

Haelous

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys. I will be negotiating frame sliders into the price. I was advised to ask for a helmet or a cover by friends, but I would rather have the frame sliders.

$5500 includes everything but sales tax.

Why did you mention that the dealer further away won't match the price? Why would you want to go further to get the same price. :confused:

I was trying to get someone to beat it and still give me free delivery as well, but no such luck. Not just match it - I should have been more clear.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
damn.. my first (05) was 6800 after everything was said and done.. and that was in the beginging of october.. great price for a great bike.. oh and welcome to the forum :welcome:

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:

Check the Kelly Blue Book value. for $90.00 extra you can get a new one, that is a great deal.

2009 Yamaha FZ6 Value Email September 27, 2010
4-Cylinders
4-Stroke
600cc
Suggested Retail Value $5410 The Kelley Blue Book Suggested Retail Value is representative of dealers' asking prices and is the starting point for negotiation between a consumer and a dealer. This Suggested Retail Value assumes that the unit has been fully reconditioned and is in excellent condition. Mileage/condition and additional equipment may have a substantial impact on the value shown above. This value also takes into account the dealers' profit, costs for advertising, sales commissions and other costs of doing business. The final sale price will likely be less depending on the unit's actual condition, popularity, type of warranty offered and local market conditions.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: That is a great price and you should definutly snag up on that. I got my 07 on a family deal from my long time buddy at Yamaha and paid $6200.00 in 08. Very nice. Ride safe and enjoy. I'm sure you will. :rockon:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:Haelous! Really good price!
Enjoy the forum. There's a lot of great info and people here!

LeaN69

Reaction score
Visit site
Haha not too long ago I was in the same boat as youj are right now. I love the appearance of a nakid bike, and once i was introduced to a ducati monster I fell in love, however I couldn't ee myself spending so much money on a bike. I went to honda to look for a left over cbr600's and they had couple 09's for 10-11 grand, which was too steep for myh pocket. So I looked into yamaha and noticed the fz6 which was very attractive in price and appearance, and as I now know in performace.

So I got my leftover 09 for $5500 +++ (plus tax, tags, fees, extended warranty). 3 months later and I already have a 2bros carbon exhaust on it and an hid kit with almost 3k miles :)

Haelous

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I finalized the deal tonight. The bike will be delivered to me Thursday after I get home from work. :D

Crappy cellphone pics:

IMG_20100920_133301.jpg

IMG_20100920_133248.jpg

IMG_20100920_124957.jpg

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't forget to go visit your Rider Coach and show him your new ride!

I always encourage my students to stop by and visit me and show me their ride. Even if I'm not teaching that weekend or I'm at a different range, I tell them to stop by and say hello to the other Rider Coaches and tell them that you were one of the graduates. We all love to see our riders stop by and say hello, regardless if we were their coaches.

A couple of weeks ago, I had one of my graduates show up on a brand new BMW KT1200. I was drooling, now that was kind of cruel. Damn, I should have at least gotten a commision from the dealership.

LOL..he showed up after finding out from the other coaches that were teaching at one location that I was at a different range for that weekend. It was like 25 miles away. He said he took my advice by staying off the freeway, and he showed me his new helmet. He had 3/4 helmet for the class but when I told him about how the dentist loves seeing these types of helmets, he was convinced that he wanted a full face helmet.