New Member--New Hopes and Dreams

Mudkipz137

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I'm new here,

I've had my 2005 FZ6 for several years now, and to be honest the biggest complaint I've had with it is the limited customization options. I never find decent mods to put on the bike, hence finding this forum. Also, Boneman's website is AWESOME for me because I have the exact year and bike as him so it helps me a lot to see how mine would look. My FZ6 is stock, save for a PUIG Windscreen in the smokescreen color, and trust me that is awesome, I can lay down behind it and just let'r rip (granted this bike ain't no hayabusa).

I've been looking at other bikes such as the Suzuki B King (I love naked bikes), or the Hayabusa, but since I own mine outright and rarely go crazy fast it doesn't make sense to go back into debt for a busa even though I love the look of the busa. So instead of buying a whole new bike, I sought this forum out to ask others what they would recommend doing to the bike to mod it out and make it more fun.

My primary goal is to eliminate the archaic electric lighting feel the bike has, LED's would look clean and crisp and bright. I love it. And the dual light mod interests me because let's face it, stock headlights on the FZ6 are a disappointment to anybody who values speed and their life at the same time at night.

Quick list of how I'd prioritize the order I do mods in:
1) Electrical
2) Cosmetic
3) Performance

Not that I don't value performance, but I'd like to increase the cosmetic appeal first.

So what would you guys recommend? You're the experts! I'm looking for opinions, pics, links, etc.

Regards,
Mud

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree... Mod those headlights one way or the other. I never get overlooked since I did my headlight-mod.

Also consider a different seat. This also changes the look of the bike alot!

Last edited:

Mudkipz137

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks! I'll look around some more. Found some cool stuff I wanna do with the lighting. I'm hoping bd34 is still making those harnesses, not sure I'll be able to make that pin he fabricated.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So few modding options....

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-streetfighter/45223-jtarkany-streetfighter-revealed-finally.html

Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum - View Profile: Wolfman

profilepic2280_10.gif

:p

Mudkipz137

Reaction score
Visit site
I've seen that thread. I took the fairing off today while I did my dual headlight, and not fonna lie the naked front end makes the bike look WAY more aggressive. Now I'm thinking of doing it street fighter style.