New member from WA

Tahlen

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, I've been lurking in these forums since mid-winter when I bought the bike. Previous owner seems to have neglected maintenance some and didn't ride it much - only put just over 8k on the clock since he bought it new. It's my first bike so I needed some guidance on basic TLC, the search function is awesome!! :cheer: Did some basic maintenance stuff - chain, brakes, tires, fork oil.

The previous owner also took the fender off and did a messy job of the wiring for all the electrics in the back. He just wound feet of wiring around the bracket he used for the license plate and broke the license plate light holder in the process. The turn signals were also next to useless so I knew the whole back end needed fixed up. I settled on the motodynamic taillight and am very happy with the visibility from it. I may add some turn signal stalks at some point, but I don't think its strictly necessary. The license plate bolts seem a little bright and I may add a driver so that I can adjust them. All in all I'm happy with the result.

I FINALLY was able to get into an MSF course this last weekend and started riding to work on Tuesday. The wife gets to drive our car to work so it sure beats riding the bus! Been having a blast so far and have been trying to focus on the fundamentals that the instructors pounded into our heads. Thanks to the forum for being such a great resource - I hope that I can eventually contribute something that will help some other newbie along the way.

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome! Nice looking bike, sorry you have the slower blue version! Blah

Seriously, great forum and great people here. Enjoy and ride safe!

lam.i.am

Reaction score
Visit site
Another Spokane rider!

LMK if you ever need a hand. I wrench on my own bikes and can hold a beer and while I watch you work :)