new member announcment

Bake

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Forum Members.

New rider, new owner of 2008 FZ6, new to this forum.

Looking forward to learning lots on this site.

Just installed the Yamaha Engine guards as my first mod, Looks like most people went a different route with sliders.

:cheer::rockon:hi and welcome.mods are a personal thing and not every body likes the same thing as long as you like what you put on your bike thats what matters,what about pics of your new ride

Welcome Bake.

As Smittyboy just said, this place is addictive... Get used to it.
Heaps of great info here, and a brilliant search function. If you can't find any answers using that, place a question, and you will get multiple answers.

Enjoy the stay.

:)

Welcome and congrats on a great bike. The fact that you are protecting it at all is the important part, the method is up to you. Many go with the sliders because the engine guards block the use of a lower fairing i believe.

:welcome: and yes, I would love to see a pic of those engine guards. I have a few questions:

1) How much were they?
2) How easy are they to install (ie: can I take them on and off quickly?)
3) Where did you get them?
4) pictures would put a lot in perspective about how far they stick out and if they'd interfere with deep leans...thanks!

I ask because a lot of people are interested in Highway Pegs that mount to engine guards, but don't want to always have engine guards due to their type of riding.

Hi Bake, Welcome! :welcome:

You've found both a great forum and a fun motorcycle. Just a little heads up...get your checkbook ready.

Oh and very smart first mod. :thumbup:

:welcome: and yes, I would love to see a pic of those engine guards. I have a few questions:

1) How much were they?
2) How easy are they to install (ie: can I take them on and off quickly?)
3) Where did you get them?
4) pictures would put a lot in perspective about how far they stick out and if they'd interfere with deep leans...thanks!

I ask because a lot of people are interested in Highway Pegs that mount to engine guards, but don't want to always have engine guards due to their type of riding.
I had the dealership order in the engine guards when I bought the bike. I think they were around $130 Canadian. At first I thought would be a easy half hour job. How hard can 6 bolts be?? but it turned out to be fairly tricky and about 2 hrs. Also needed to back the rear tire up on ramps and have a second person really lean the bike over in order to gain access and to line up the bolts/nuts. Absolutely a 2 person job. Found the mounting hardware bolts were not always long enough and wound up using the same bolts already on the bike. You have to disconnect the side stand, etc. After all was said and done I believe it gives the bike a bit of a cool "industrial" kind of look and they hug the engine real tight and therefore I dont think will be a problem with leaning. Overall I really like the guards unfortunately will have to wait for spring to ride again. I will send on pictures soon.

I had the dealership order in the engine guards when I bought the bike. I think they were around $130 Canadian. At first I thought would be a easy half hour job. How hard can 6 bolts be?? but it turned out to be fairly tricky and about 2 hrs. Also needed to back the rear tire up on ramps and have a second person really lean the bike over in order to gain access and to line up the bolts/nuts. Absolutely a 2 person job. Found the mounting hardware bolts were not always long enough and wound up using the same bolts already on the bike. You have to disconnect the side stand, etc. After all was said and done I believe it gives the bike a bit of a cool \"industrial\" kind of look and they hug the engine real tight and therefore I dont think will be a problem with leaning. Overall I really like the guards unfortunately will have to wait for spring to ride again. I will send on pictures soon.
Oh yea, They are not the type of things one would want to take on and off regularly. Once they are on, they're on .

Back