New luggage inbound by Bags Connection

thebikergeek

Reaction score
Visit site
They don't seem very big though, that's my only issue with them! I've got my topbox +kriega tailbag which seems to do okay, though not when someone wants to come on a tour with me...

Crax

Reaction score
Visit site
Bobvilla or KrazyJohnny -

Did you try it under the seat? How did it work? I'm thinking about getting a pair of these as well.

bobvilla

Reaction score
Visit site
Under the seat worked pretty good...the seat still latches and every time i use the bags I put it under the seat now. The only thing is that the seat sticks up just a little bit at the back but it doesn't seem to be a problem. I really like the size of them, I can put my gf's three season jacket and gloves in one expanded bag and have the other for anything of mine. I will edit my video and re-post showing how the seat works with the straps under it.

Krazyjohnny

Reaction score
Visit site
I hope to have a good review and pics after next weekend. I have a trip planned from Dallas area to Eureka Springs, AR via Hot Springs, AR with a bunch of friends next weekend. May even get som weather to test the dry bag inserts. I can tell you now though that I had to bend the supports a little to get the bags to lay parallel to one another. At first they looked like airbrakes on an f-14 sticking out. I also got the Slipstream tail bag to go with saddle bags.

i will then need help posting the pics when I am done cause I am an forum moron. I guess that would make me a "Foron".

Last edited:

Krazyjohnny

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok gang,

Here is my review of the following items from my 1100 mile trip over the weekend in the rain and wind through Arkansas this past weekend.

Tank Bag: Cortech Dryver small mounted to tank ring. This thing was great. no rain fly needed and everything stayed nice and dry the bag was very easy to install and came with a clear map pocket on top that was handy. The map pocket did not have the water proof zipper that the side zippers had. It also comes with mounting locations for an optional GPS mount.

Tail bag: Twisted Throttle Slipstream tail bag. This also mounted very easily through the grab handles. It came with a dry bag that kept everything dry and the bungee cords were great for those stops to keep my gloves in place while fueling or picking my shorts out of my arse. This was my first road trip and we travelled some very twisty roads in the wet.

Saddlebags: SW Motech Blaze from Twisted Throttle. These also fit and mounted very easily. They rode very nicely well above their recommended speed rating and carried (4) underwear, socks, shorts , rain gear, insulated liner, pair of levis, shoes, and a couple of gatorades. This was all without the bags being expanded. The only down fall was the dry-bag liners did not keep things dry.

I got several great comments from the guys I rode with about how impressed they were with the bags and how stable they were on my bike. They are looking at ordering some for their bikes now as well.

I have talked to Twisted Throttle this morning about the leaky "dry bags" and they said they would be in contact with me to sort it out. We shall see.

I tried to upload the pic but was unable to. If anyone wants to PM me I will send you the pic of the bike with the gear on it. The only thing that did not show up for the trip in time was the Madstad windshield. It should be in this week.

Last edited:

Crax

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is the pic of Krazyjohnny's setup:
fz6wBags.jpg

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok gang,

Here is my review of the following items form my 1100 mile trip over the weekend in the rain and wind through Arkansas this past weekend.

Tank Bag: Cortech Dryver small mounted to tank ring. This thing was great. no rain fly needed and everything stayed nice and dry the bag was very easy to install and came with a clear map pocket on top that was handy. The map pocket did not have the water proof zipper that the side zippers had. It also comes with mounting locations for an optional GPS mount.

Tail bag: Twisted Throttle Slipstream tail bag. This also mounted very easily through the grab handles. It came with a dry bag that kept everything dry and the bungee cords were great for those stops to keep my gloves in place while fueling or picking my shorts out of my arse. This was my first road trip and we travelled some very twisty roads in the wet.

Saddlebags: SW Motech Blaze from Twisted Throttle. These also fit and mounted very easily. They rode very nicely well above their recommended speed rating and carried (4) underwear, socks, shorts , rain gear, insulated liner, pair of levis, shoes, and a couple of gatorades. This was all without the bags being expanded. The only down fall was the dry-bag liners did not keep things dry.

I got several great comments from the guys I rode with about how impressed they were with them bags and how stable they were on my bike. They are looking at ordering some for their bikes now as well.

I have talked to Twisted Throttle this morning about the leaky "dry bags" and they said they would be in contact with me to sort it out. We shall see.

I tried to upload the pic but was unable to. If anyone wants to PM me I will send you the pic of the bike with the gear on it. The only thing that did not show up for the trip in time was the Madstad windshield. It should be in this week.

Thanks for the review :thumbup: I've been following your thread for a while but was really looking forward to your review of the bags.

When you say things got wet. How wet are we talking. Like the bags soaked all the way through, or your belongings were damp? I am thinking these Blaze bags are what I need. I just can't wrap my head around the cost of a Givi set up.

Krazyjohnny

Reaction score
Visit site
Signal 50,

The bottom end of the drybags were wet. I am not talking soaked, but my clothes were wet none the less. I have a call into Twisted Throttle and they said they had never had this happen before. They said they would check it out and make it right. That was yesterday and I have not heard back from them yet. We shall see what the end of the week brings.

Last edited:

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the reviews KrazyJohnny and bobvilla. I saw these bags and was interested as they work even if you have a FE kit. I have a Yamaha top case and have been looking for a good saddle bag system for longer trips, but I have TwoBros exhausts and the FE kit so putting on side rails doesn't work.

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
These bags look nice...
But it seems like the bag supports stick out too far! Is there a way you can make it closer to the bike without using brute force? That's the only thing I would like changed. And please update on the wet issue.

Krazyjohnny

Reaction score
Visit site
tcmalker,

They came from the factory looking like airbrakes on a fighter aircraft sticking out away from the rear of the bike instead of parallel to the body. I took the supports into the garage and "massaged" them into the profile that made the bags sit parallel to the body and one another.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm trying to understand the value of this system.. The bags are roughly the
same size, if not smaller, than the Cortech, Mototrek, Oglio bags, which are
priced from $110 - $130 ... Is that mounting system worth $150 itself?
I guess if you can afford it, but personally, i cannot justify it.. ??

~Dave

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm trying to understand the value of this system.. The bags are roughly the
same size, if not smaller, than the Cortech, Mototrek, Oglio bags, which are
priced from $110 - $130 ... Is that mounting system worth $150 itself?
I guess if you can afford it, but personally, i cannot justify it.. ??

~Dave

I don't think the goal is necessarily value. I would say more looks and simplicity for people who do both weekend trips and track days.

I have spent a long time researching hard bags and to be perfectly honest, for the amount of times I would use them, I am not itnerested in taking the racks on and off each time. Maybe it laziness, cause I know it's not difficult, but for me this seems like a good compromise.

Krazyjohnny

Reaction score
Visit site
Little update....

It has been two weeks since I discussed the issue with Twisted Throttle about the supposed "dry bags" that cam with the Bags Connection Blaze system. I still have no resolution to the issue. My last talk was last Thursday and was told they would get back to me the following day.

They seem to be pretty good at the "lip service" game with no results to dtae. It is quite a shame for this product to look so nice and perform potentially extremely well to fall short due to bad advertising and lack of customer support.

I will be e-mailing SW Motech today about this lack of attention in hopes that something positive will come of it. Dry bags are not that expensive and for the money I spent on these I could have a real dry set very easily.

Krazyjohnny

Reaction score
Visit site
Latest update:

Have been out of town and returned to find a complete new set of bags delivered. Mind you all I needed was new "drybags". The drybags appeared to be of the same construction as the previous ones. I do not think these will remedy any of the previous issues and since it is into the century mark on the thermometer here in Texas I doubt I will notice any issues with them unti l the fall when it rains again.

Worst case scenario is that I just go to REI and buy some real drybags and call it good.

Krazyjohnny

Reaction score
Visit site
Last update to my Blaze bag dilemma. Sorry it has taken so long to wrap this up. I have been away for a while at Boy Scout Camp with my son and am just getting un buried from all of the "honey do's" and work commitments.

First let me say I love the size and the fit of these bags once I massaged the support arms and I get lots of compliments to the same. :Flash:

The dilemma has been with the supposed "dry bags" as advertised with the system.

All the above flotsum and derbis aside....While I was gone to New Mexico the new bags arrived (sometime between 6/10 and 6/17). Twisted Throttle sent a complete new kit and a return shipping label for my previously purchased stuff. I only needed the new "dry bags". The dry bags appear to be of the same make and design as the originals. I do not expect them to perform any better than the previous. Good news is that REI sells a true dry bag that is similar in dimension to these if they do not work out. The bad news is that SW Motech doesn't use them in their product.

Have a great summer season of riding and keep the rubber side down.:rockon:

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
Johnny I'm glad to hear you are pleased with them. I recently did a 500 mile 3 day trip with a backpack and it was unpleasant to say the least. I finally ordered a set of the Blaze bags earlier this week. I had the EXACT same thought about the stuff sacks from REI and will likely be picking some up.

Krazyjohnny

Reaction score
Visit site
Good to go Signal 50. i think the 23 liter ones I saw would be perfect for these saddle bags. I think they came in a bright yellow color and they were not the heavy vinyl ones we use for our water sports they were the fine nylon ones that were coated with some sort of something.