New luggage inbound by Bags Connection

Shawn

Reaction score
Visit site
Those are nice. I've been looking for some saddle bags and had not decided. I think these have moved to the top of my list. I'll wait to here your reviews when you get them on your bike.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting and very smart system. Some of us used to put PVC pipes on the passenger pegs in a similar manner to keep the bags off of the exhaust. If I didn't already have racks and saddle bags, I'd consider these. I wonder what the build quality is like.

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the new Bags Connection saddlebags on the way with the Slipstream tail bag too.

TwistedThrottle.com : SW-MOTECH Bags-Connection Blaze Sport Saddlebag System Yamaha FZ6-S2, '07-'11 - HTA.06.740.10200

I'll have to get it on the bike and post pics and a report on it. Still shopping for a tank bag.

That looks nice, For tank bag I have this and love it.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/product-reviews/35723-givi-t480-tanklock-pictures-video.html

I hope you get your bags on time, I have had a really bad experience buying from twisted throtle

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
How well did the pvc pipe work out? Did it stay put/what size pipe did you use?

I don't remember off hand, but if you do a search, I'm sure you'll find your answer. Keep in mind, the INTERNAL diameter of the pipe is the important part as this is what keeps it on the pegs. The external diameter will only determine how stiff the pipe will be with the given internal diameter.

Krazyjohnny

Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe Bobvilla will beat me to the punch since I just ordered mine today. I did get the Vista Cruise universal throttle lock put on today and rode the the "WeeFizz" a bit using it. It turned out pretty nice. I was looking at the Brake Away and decided to try a less expensive model first. :D

The Dude

abides
Reaction score
Visit site
They look great... but a little too expensive for my needs. I'm looking at the MotoCentric Mototrek Sport Saddlebags (look similar to the Cortech Sport Saddlebags) for about 1/3 the price. If I was going to use them more often, these would be on my short list. I look forward to seeing some pictures once you guys get them installed. The design looks cool, but I'll probably just use some PVC pipe for my supports.

TeacherJoe

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice bags. I like the supports. I use the pvc, but it's kinda ugly and a pita to use. I wonder if the supports are available separately . . .

Joe

Krazyjohnny

Reaction score
Visit site
So far the Twisted Throttle folks have not done what they said. I was told the bags were in stock and would ship out the day I ordered them since I placed my order in the morning. It has been 2 days and no shipping confirmation. This may be the first and last order with them. I have very low tolerance for this sort of thing especially when you are charged a premium for the gear.

Krazyjohnny

Reaction score
Visit site
A quick update....

Got a call today from a guy in Pensylvania that had received my bags from Twisted Throttle. He said all of my billing info was in the box and the box had his name and address on the shipping label stuck to the outside of the box. What a total shipping FUBAR!!! I knew something had gone awry when I hadn't gotten a shipping notification. I spoke with them today and asked if I was going to have to wait another week for my bags to get in. They of course said they would do everything they could to get my stuff to me quickly. We shall see.

bobvilla

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is a video of the bags on my bike. The bags are nice and i like the mounts all except the two small plastic pieces. They are kind of weak compared to the rest of the system(watch those torque specs :spank: ). Do wish the top of the strap that touches the passenger was gripper than just the nylon. The underside of the strap has a grippe surface why not the top as well. Went for a ride with a friend and she was complaining about the surface being slick with the saddle bags. The top strap does cover part of the front of the grab handles...just limits passenger hand positions. They come with a set of "dry" bags... that is nice but i doubt they work that well. All in all, I like the system. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZDG7OTF0ZM"]SW-MOTECH Bags-Connection Blaze Sport Saddlebag System on my FZ6[/ame]

Krazyjohnny

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got off the phone with the Twisted Throttle folks again since I still have no shipping reference number. The story I get today is that they have packaged up a new set of luggage headed my way today. They are not even going to overnite the stuff to me and I will be waiting another 4-5 business days to get my order due to their FUBAR. I am not being charged any shipping though, so I cannot be too miffed I guess except I wanted the stuff here for a trip this weekend.

Krazyjohnny

Reaction score
Visit site
There may be hope for this weekend after all. Just got the new order confirmation and they are shipping out today using UPS 3 day select. Maybe they will be here by Friday. That would be awesome.