New LOW COST riding suits

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought the Lombard (one piece vented textile). Hopefully it will be here soon.

There's a loooong thread on ADVRider about the gear that this company sells. People have posted pics, reviews, sizing help, etc.
I suggest starting BACKWARDS when reading the thread.

One piece riding suit for $289 - Page 87 - ADVrider

Here's a summary of the reviews I've read on the Lombard:
-Good all around suit.
-Easy to get in and out of, so good for commuting to the office.
-Lots of reflective material
-Lots of armor
-Lots of well thought out pockets. These pockets are waterproof.
-Looks well made.
-Lots of vents for hot weather. Not as good as mesh, of course, but that would make it terrible for cold weather.
-Good for cold weather (has a nice liner).
-Waterproofness: this is tricky. Doesn't claim to be 100% waterproof. Holds up ok, does better with a wash-in waterproof treatment such as Nikwax. You have to ensure that the weatherstripping tab for the zipper is positioned correctly when you zip the suit up. Try to flatten or move excess folds that may appear in the chest and lap area to prevent water from pooling. For long rides in the rain, you should just get those PVC rain liners.
-The neck is too small for those with an +17 inch neck. :eek:
-Great customer support. One thing that impressed me was what the owner, Ghazi, did when a zipper broke on someone's suit. Ghazi sent him a new zipper and paid for a tailor to fix it. When the zipper broke on my 8 month old Joe Rocket leather jacket, all I got was a zipper in the mail (hence my petty, spiteful ban on Joe Rocket). The suits have better YKK zippers now. Things like that really impressed me.

Seems like a good deal. Lots of value. Some features make it better than the Aerostich Roadcrafter ($700) and the REV'IT! Infinity Textile Suit ($1300) . Not dissing those products, they seem solid too. But they are expensive. People are complaining that both the roadcrafter and the revit suit leak water inside. For that much money those suits ought to be waterproof.

The company has expanded its product line. One other interested thing is that they sell leather suits that are cut like touring suits.

Maybe I'll add my own review to doc simple's review for this forum. (Although there isn't much to be said that isn't in that link I posted.) I have the version 2 suit. I won't be doing any riding (even cold weather riding) for a while, though.

I'm not sure why I'm posting. I guess I'm just excited to be getting some new gear! :BLAA:

Last edited:

Moses195

Reaction score
Visit site
What happened to this thread? Did anybody buy one? I'm thinking about buying one. How about fit? I'm 6' 4" with long legs and arms!
Thanks in advance.

Ron P

Reaction score
Visit site
Call me a pessimist, but I'm always leery of "great deals" like these. I lowsided while wearing an Olympia Airglide outfit about three years ago and while I walked away, I had concerns about how well it would have performed at speeds higher than the 20 mph or so I was traveling.

Except for the hottest days, I wear a Spidi 2 pc. leather outfit. Yeah it was downright expensive, but it came away unscathed after a tumble in the Turn 3 gravel at Summit Point.