New L.E.D. tailight with pics

coursonap

Reaction score
profile.myspace.com
I just had time to install my new led taillight that I got a couple of weeks ago here are some pics of what it took to put it in. Sorry I dont know haw to insert them between the words yet but first of all you take the side panels off. Then there are 6 bolts and 2 screws holding the tail on the 2 screws are underneath. Then once you get that off take the 2 screws holding the taillight in out, and there are 2 screws that hold the wire holder in place and install and hook the new one up, and put everything back together just like you took it apart. Mine has that integrated turn signals to so I had to hook them up to. There are 2 pictures of afterwards one is just tail light on and the other is brake on this thing is super bright. If anyone knows how to insert the pics into the words let me know please.

Last edited:

jsw4178

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know how to insert pics between words?, but if you save your pics to your computer/pics/docs, just click on manage attachments on the reply to post and you should be able to post them.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
What brand? I ordered a clear alternatives but they haven't manufactured them in a while, and they won't say when or if they're starting again.

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Is just me or is the difference between the OEM tail light the L.E.D. not noticeable that much?

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Are
12158d1232683669-new-l-e-d-tailight-pics-fscn0812.jpg

they
12153d1232683669-new-l-e-d-tailight-pics-dscn0805.jpg

legal?

;)

Shafe716

Reaction score
Visit site
Are
they
legal?

;)

In NY pretty much any mods are illegal so I've decided that I don't care. lol

Most cops wont pull you over for these kinds of things, but if you're driving like and ass they'll give you the tickets. Remember, cops are real people too... they may just look at it and say "wow that's sweet":rockon:

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered that same one and should have it any day. It is the smoked one not the red one. Did it mount up fairly easy? Did it fit good?
Thanks

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
Did you install your stock red cover back? IMO thats a good idea since the leds get washed in direct sun when used with the clear or smoked cover.

coursonap

Reaction score
profile.myspace.com
Yes It is the smoked version when I get a chance I will get a pic without it on. The only trouble mounting it was sliding it into the spot that is goes in you have to have it just right before it will go in, it can really be apain in the butt. I think it was worth it though and no I didnt put my factory red cover on. In the sunlight it is still very bright that is why I bought the smoked version instead of the clear lens. The clear lens doesnt seem to be real bright during the day.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I finally got mine. Question is how to hook up the wiring? I also got some of the Force LED signals to add on. I'm not mr. electronics so this will be a trick to get it all wired correctly. Any tips. I have the bike all torn down to do the mods but am hesitant to wire anything yet until I know what I exactly need to do? Thanks for any advice. Much appreciated. :thumbup::thumbup: