New Joe Rocket Hammerhead tank bag

gjpollman

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got my Joe Rocket Hammerhead tank bag and since I havent seen found any posts on the Hammerhead I figured it warrented a post. In my opinion at first look the bag looks like it was meant for the FZ fits the contour of the tank really well and its not overly large or too small to fit a few usefull things in. I tossed in my gloves for reference, it looks like it would be easy to put in a tire kit and a drink plus some other small misc stuff, and the pockets on the top look like they will be handy, the long one fits my blackberry perfectly and the square one will fit a navi really well. It has a rain cover in a pocket in the front and the magnets all tuck in to pockets to you can put the strap on to carry over your shoulder. I will let you all know more after I get a ride in with it this weekend... hopefully the weather turns itself around. Oh and since i havent posted any pics of the bike since i got it a month ago I will toss in a few of those with the new Puig windscreen and the future FZ rider (way future :D ).

Last edited:

psnbye

I used to be Jethro
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My future FZ rider says my bike is "TOO LOUD DADDY!!" and runs back in the house when I start mine up . Its kinda funny but I hope she gets over that. She REALLY doesnt like the Harley.

Good lookin bag, how much did you drop on it? And did you get it online?

gjpollman

Reaction score
Visit site
I still have to stock pipes (for now) I would say it sounds like my lawn mower so she doesnt say anything about the noise.

The bag was 60ish, I got it from motorcycle-superstore.com I was more then the Manta XL by a few bucks and a hair smaller (not as tall) but the video review they had posted with it sold me on it since it was demo'd on an FZ and fit the contour of the tank very well.

n3lrk

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the same Hammerhead tank bag. It looks good on the bike and I do use the larger clear pocket for my Garmin Nuvi 350.

n3lrk

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Black FZ also what part of VA are you in. I hope to be in Richmond and Norfolk this weekend. Military Airshow in Norfolk

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Are you sure its legal to transport a kid in your tank bag? That would make babysitting so much easier! (Jokes)
Looks like a nice tank bag, how good do you think it will be as far as rubbing the tank goes?

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
It looks to be an updated version of my excellent Manta XL, which has the old Sony Discman round pouch instead of the square pouch on the Hammerhead. I think the Manta XL may be slightly larger, however? (hard to tell without a side x side comparison)
Edited to add: Ah, I see you mentioned that it wasn't as tall as the Manta XL. That isn't a bad thing, afaic.

Last edited:

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
I like it, I just did a quick search online and the cheapest price I could find in a short amount of time was $62.99. My local store has it for $69.99.

gjpollman

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like a nice tank bag, how good do you think it will be as far as rubbing the tank goes?

I dont foresee any issues with rubbing the tank, it locks itself on there really well with the 4 magnets. They do warn that leaving on for extened amounts of time could damage the paint (typical disclaimer) and they recommend removing the bag when not using it.