New Jersey Representin-Tues. 7-2-2013 Now with Video!

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: New Jersey Representin-Tues. 7-2-2013

Sorry it's taken so long to get some video of our ride. This was a great ride and we really enjoyed having Joe and Katie over for the sleepover and ride. We're still cleaning up feathers from the pillow fights! :rolleyes:

Idyllwild Ride July 2, 2013 - YouTube

Oh man, I was re-living every second! The vid came out GREAT:thumbup: I was too nervous to turn my head when you rode up. For as big as that bike is, it is sensitive to rider input. Just imagine if I had that thing for another 24 hours:sinister:

Last edited:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: New Jersey Representin-Tues. 7-2-2013

Great video as always, Cliff! Love those roads :thumbup:

Here .. let me help you out with editing (make sure sound is on when you watch!)

https://vimeo.com/69955049 :D

DUDE!!!!!! I nearly pissed my pants from the knee jerk laugh!!!:BLAA: Yeah, that is a great bike, big, but handles well. I got home and gave fizzy a big hug and kiss:D

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So Joe, what do you think about the roads on the west coast compared to your rides on the east coast? You are one of the few who have experienced both, what are the advantages, likes, dislikes between the two? Differences, etc.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So Joe, what do you think about the roads on the west coast compared to your rides on the east coast? You are one of the few who have experienced both, what are the advantages, likes, dislikes between the two? Differences, etc.
Oh, what a question to ask, Kenny!
I grew up in SoCal, just never had a bike there. Fishing has taken me into the Azusa, Big and Little Tujunga canyons, and Angeles Crest. I know those roads, but not what we rode in the video.
I actually don't know where to start with this... South Jersey is boring in the sense that there isn't much, if any, elevation change and you have to get out of town...way out, to get to the fun stuff. Central and North are much better, especially into PA and NY. Check out the NJ/PA/NY rides that Erci usually videos. Those are 400-500 mile days for me, but I love every minute of it. Those roads seem to be lower speeds, but very scenic and technical.
The CA roads we did seemed to be higher speed and more open. With it being less scenic until up in the mountains, but city is city. It was like being in control of a roller coaster! Or in my case, the "Space Shuttle":BLAA:. Keep in mind that I was on a rental bike that I was unfamiliar with but learned enough about it to have fun, was twice the displacement, and it being a twin vs. the inline of the FZ. My views may have been different had I been on my bike that I know well.
I'll tell you what tho, I have not been on an FJR or a Concorse, but if I were in the market for a sport tourer, that R1200RT has the lead. You can cover a LOT of miles on that bike! I didn't figure out the fuel level until the end of the ride....it barely moved:rockon: Either way, it was great to meet everybody and ride roads I had not been on, on or off a bike:thumbup: