New home Ireland.

:rof: @ # 1 ^^^ awesome.

Glad to hear that you are settled and that the family is liking the new place!

I went to Ireland when I was in High School and have awesome memories of it other than the food (much like England in that department huh? heheh). A friend and I were staying with an Irish family, and their food was scary.
Everything else was great! The family members were amazingly patient with us (language barrier), and they even ordered pizza for us the last day! :)

The Guiness factory in Dublin is nice too :D

oh and Irish high school kids who play soccer at the local park are extremely violent and don't like to be beaten by the french hahaha

+1 on the pics...
Is this a post mate or therapy? LOL.

There is nowt wrong with cabbage and bacon.

Nelly

Ok - I know I have been hit and miss with the forum latey... Did you move again? I knew you took a new job a while back... Please excuse this blonde moment. ;)

And - I agree - picts would be awesome!!

Glad to hear you are all settled. :thumbup:
Don't worry,
I did get a new job it just took 8 months for me to be out in post lol.
We are very laid back here don't you know.

Nelly.

Thanx for the pics Nelly :thumbup:
Looks like you're staying in a nice house, with a big shed, love the tractor is that for gritting the roads in the winter :thumbup:
It sucks to hear you're getting hit for 3-400 euro's extra per month, that makes a big hole in your take home pay :( ,we have to pay more for our pensions etc but it's not as bad as in Ireland (yet).
Sounds like you've got a nice ride to work, but going by your pic of the road I wouldn't say they were in a good condition (or is this just in front of the house?).
Looking forward to seeing a few ride pics :thumbup:

Ride safely and post lots (once again :thumbup:)
Hi Martin,

That's just the road in front of the house, it is about 4K to the main road. Funny thing is the tractor was sold today to a a guy who restores them. It hasn't moved in 30 years but rolled on to a trailer without a squeak.

Update, my farther in law came around this morning. We have just painted the house and now the boarder walls match so they are grey and not orange.

Nelly

Hey, glad to hear you're settling in OK. I'mn looking forward to some more posts on how you like it as time goes on a bit. I'd love to live over there - my wife's dad was born and raised in Dublin so she would love to live on the emerald isle as well.

Welcome back and welcome to the good life in the Emerald Isle.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BCoKoBMEwY&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - GARY MOORE [ EMERALD ] LIVE,'05.[/ame]

Aaargh...Ireland, the home of the lazy wind....cant be bothered going around you, just goes straight through you.

Beautiful country, beautiful people...generous, and incredibly laid back....your house looks lovely...hope you find some good roads to ride....

nice to see you back in here buddy, and dont forget, Australia is still gonna wipe the floor with the Poms in the upcoming Ashes! :spank:

:rockon:

Aw! that picture of the kids is wicked cute! And heck if you can ride thru snow & ice, you can ride on anything! Glad to have you back!

Good deal Nelly. Happy for you man! It looks like Kentucky with more rain. LOL

Welcome back and welcome to the good life in the Emerald Isle.

YouTube - GARY MOORE [ EMERALD ] LIVE,'05.
Thanks mate,

I think Gary Moore is a great musician. Thanks for the video.
Have you been having the shocking wet weather that were getting at the moment?
I would love to meet up when you get a free moment. I have already covered more miles for pleasure on my bike over here than I ever managed in the UK.

Nelly

Aaargh...Ireland, the home of the lazy wind....cant be bothered going around you, just goes straight through you.

Beautiful country, beautiful people...generous, and incredibly laid back....your house looks lovely...hope you find some good roads to ride....

nice to see you back in here buddy, and dont forget, Australia is still gonna wipe the floor with the Poms in the upcoming Ashes! :spank:

:rockon:
Thanks Jamie,

You are a great leveler lol. I will be lucky to see even an over of that series lol.
Were doing ok against the windies with the new boys. So there may be some hope lol.

Nelly

Top of the morning to ya. :spank:

Sounds like Norm is going to get some proper runs.:thumbup:
Norm is loving it mate,

He gets a proper run to work 25K and tonight I came home over the mountains 50K.
The nights seem much longer and brighter.

Nelly

I got some pictures for you after my shift tonight.

This is the town where I work "Tullamore". It is typical of a a midlands town.

Ireland018.jpg

Ireland019-1.jpg

There are a lot of pubs and the fine brewery of the legendary Tullamore Dew,
Ireland020-1.jpg

Ireland021.jpg

The next pictures are taken whilst riding so the quality isn't great (sorry)

My home village Kilcormac:

Ireland024.jpg

The mountain road

Ireland029.jpg

Nelly having a baff

Ireland028.jpg

The sun setting:

Ireland031.jpg

Ireland038.jpg

Yesterdays sunrise paint job with Father in law:

Ireland040.jpg

Thanks for the very kind responses folks,