New helmet

bossdoc83

Loud pipes save lives!
Reaction score
Visit site
So I was just looking at a Shoei (spelling?) today and I'm having a hard time with the price. I talked to the guy and he said he would give me the helmet ($539.99+tax) and mirrored visor (69.99+tax) for $597 out the door with 10% military discount on each item. It's very tempting because having a new helmet is so nice and quiet. My helmet is a Nolan modular that is over 2 years old and falling apart with so much noise coming through that I get headaches. I know you get what you pay for and I would love to have the helmet but I would also like your guys and/or gals opinion on the helmet.

Thanks!:D

thirty_too

FZ6 Junkie
Reaction score
Visit site
well i have the shoei rf1000... which model would u be buying? also... the mirror tint on the visor is only good for about 6 months until it starts to flake... i would recommend going with say the dark or light smoked visor..i have the dark smoke one by the way... also its ur head so get what u can afford... that being said i paid 375ish from dealer for both helmet and visor... i got a little deal too.. one more thing then ill quit rambling... if u get a helmet that is a solid color and no graphics u will save some money there too.. prob like 100-150$... hope this helps...

pert

Reaction score
Visit site
I had a Shoei XR-1000

Brilliant helmet, saved my head after a 60mph smash into the back of a Lexus where my head hit off the back of it

I walked away from that crash with a sore shoulder

I have another one ordered

abner

Reaction score
Visit site
read the post "helmet COMPARISONS"

I wouldn't spend the money over again... on a different bike I minght, but all the noise we here is due to the FZ6 itself. The turbulance noise from this bike is not cureable with a simple helmet change.

cp04

Dunder Mifflin Employee
Reaction score
Visit site
well i have the shoei rf1000... which model would u be buying? also... the mirror tint on the visor is only good for about 6 months until it starts to flake... i would recommend going with say the dark or light smoked visor..i have the dark smoke one by the way... also its ur head so get what u can afford... that being said i paid 375ish from dealer for both helmet and visor... i got a little deal too.. one more thing then ill quit rambling... if u get a helmet that is a solid color and no graphics u will save some money there too.. prob like 100-150$... hope this helps...

That's pretty much exactly what I was going to say. :rockon: Plus I'd recommend trying one on, finding the right fit, then order online.

Hollow

Happy Thankful Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here is my newbie opinion I own two shoei rf-1000s and I love both of them. I must say though I have never wore any other helment before. It is quite to me and comfortable. I have been told and I believe the things I have seen, heared and read about the protection it provides compared to any other is true. Is the helment you are looking at a rx-1000? If it is I was told that is a racing type helment made to protect in crashes up to 150 mph. I don't know for sure just what I was told. The price you gave is what the sales rep wanted me to pay for the rx-1000. I ended up getting the rf-1000 because I only paid $495 for it. Good luck with your pick. I would definitly go to other forums and reviews and read. :thumbup:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If it is the X-Eleven, they are $505.88 on Parts411 with FREE shipping. Select the helmet you want, then take the 6 digit part of the part number with the red blinking dot under it and copy and paste into the Cart as a coupon code. :D

Please be warned that they are a bit slow to ship and they do not update the web site with info on your order status. You will need to call for a tracking number after a couple days go by. :D

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
"If it is I was told that is a racing type helment made to protect in crashes up to 150 mph" ............Ummm.....not sure how the rest of you would look like at that point.:eyebrow:

hedmisten

handegraphix.com
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a helmet collection and the two shoei's are my favorite after my 7 seven 7 brand. I wanted something with a design that would cut through the wind a little better and this one has done the trick. I am constantly purchasing new helmets, as well as my best friend, because I seem to collect them. Please post the model number of the shoei though, I feel that that helmet shouldnt be as expensive as they are marketing it to be. Also check their site to see if it is this year's model. Check EBay for brand new shoei's on the cheap.

I have another new shoei and another Icon battlecry that are in my garage too. Icon makes a great helmet also.

helmetshot.jpg

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No helmet protects from hitting an obstacle at 150 mph. Your entire body will be crushed from the inertia. If you don't hit anything other than the ground, like at bonneville, any helmet will do. :D

bossdoc83

Loud pipes save lives!
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies!:thumbup:

I did some research and the helmet I was talking about is the X-11 which, from my understanding, is top of the line for Shoei. I was looking on Price411 and found the rf-1000 for about $350. I think what I will do is try on the rf-1000 before I make my final decision but am leaning towards it anyway because of the price. Almost anything is better than what I have now but I want to be sure and buy a helmet that will last and from your replies, Shoei is the one so far.

Thanks again!:D