New Guy Basic Oil /clutch ?'s

Reaction score
Visit site
Pretty basic question here......Brand new bike, 3 weeks sold, I've put about 200 miles on her & finally have gotten 5 minutes to start poking around. What is the appropriate Oil level (told ya it was basic, but read below), as I can't seem to find specified in the manual. It seems really low to me, just a hair above the min. level on the dip stick both 5 minutes and 30 minutes after running? New to bikes, so I understand that the clutch is also lubed by the engine oil. I've noticed shifting is difficult sometimes, but pre-purchase I read many articles that was par for the course with this bike, at least to a new rider?

THANKS MUCH in advance!!!!!:thumbup:

(Sorry if this isn't the right area for this post....I am new here and new to the FZ6. I've been checking this forum out for a few weeks and finally purchased a leftover 2007 FZ6 here in San Diego a couple weeks ago.
Truth be told, I haven't riden any sort of bike in about 17years, I'm only 34 so I was just a kid. ) Finding it amazing !!!!!!

Last edited:

a_sick1

2004 FZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
I would say anywhere in the shaded area after warmed up is ok.
maybe that's just me?
it's better to be a little low than have too much.

W

wrightme43

With three quarts and a new filter mine is in the lower range of the hatch marks.
After running, put on centerstand, allow 5 minutes or so to drain down, Unscrew dipsick, clean with clean rag, reinsert do not screw in and it should be on the hatch marks.

W

wrightme43

Takes time for the bike to wear in, and for you to get used to it. Over the miles the issue will disapear.