New FZ6er in Seattle

czarmar

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey All,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I just picked up a blue '07 FZ6 on Sunday with 1650 miles. It drives like new, because, well, it is pretty much new. I picked it up for $4500 from the 2nd owner. The original owner (a girl) bought it in late '07, and learned to ride on it. She was wise enough to get frame sliders on the bike before she had a little drop that marked up the corner of the upper fairing. I'm impressed at the foresight of Yamaha to revise the plastics for '07 so that I can fix the damage by just replacing a cheap headlight mole for $60 rather than replace the whole fairing. She relocated for a job, and it was in storage for a while before being picked up by the 2nd owner, who only put 300 miles on it before deciding that it wasn't his thing.

I have receipts for the break in service at 700 miles, but likely no servicing has been done since that time, which means even though the miles are low, I have to catch up with an oil change, and brake fluid flush. I'm a little hesitant to not replace the tires as they are 5 years old, even though the tread seems decent.

I've been riding for over 10 years, and have had a few bikes in that time.
1988 Honda Hurricane (CBR-F1!)
1990 Honda VFR750
1999 Honda CBR-F4
2006 Yamaha FZ6 (had for a week before I decided I wanted an R1)
2005 Yamaha R1 (had for 4 years, got married, slowed down, and wanted two up with more comfort)
and now another FZ6 with a real tach and all the great '07 upgrades. Glad I didn't go back to the '06 or earlier.

So I'm really excited about the FZ6. I've already ordered a Givi topcase for it (FZ351, E450, and the backrest). I ordered the Cardo Scala Rider Q2 Pro multiset for me and my wife. I've got the replacement mole on the way, and plan on doing a thorough detail before I take pics. (Yeah, I know, this thread is worthless without pics - soon, right here!) I plan on commuting during the summer and doing some longer rides with and without my wife.

So far, I like that it isn't as loud as my Leo Vince piped R1. I like the easy going nature of the bike, and I'm getting used to it. I have noticed that the seat matters a lot more on a standard bike, because all your weight is concentrated there vs. the balance between seat/wrists/pegs of the R1. This may eventually call for a different seat.

Hope to see you out on the road!

jazzpaintball

Reaction score
Visit site
There a quite a few fellow fz6 riders in the area. I know i am a bit south, along with others. There are others north. You are in a perfect location for both groups can show you fantastic roads in the south puget sound and the north cascades respectively.

Welcome to the Forum.

William

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on your new bike.

I have that Cardo Scala Q2 Pro...pretty decent set up. It initially took a little time to get used to but it works great.

czarmar

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a few pics - Since purchasing it a couple weeks ago, I've replaced a scraped headlight mole, bought a Givi e450 and mounting, did the two headlight low beam mod, an oil change, did some general bike cleaning.

I can't believe how cheap this is to insure compared to my R1! $75/year including $100 deductible comprehensive!

My wife and I are getting ready to head out on a road trip from Seattle to Victoria, BC this weekend - it will be our first chance to stretch the bike's legs and see how it does for some light touring.