New FZ6 This weekend

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
That's the same series GPS that I have, but I mounted mine in an Aquabox to isolate it from vibrations (killed my old TomTom) and make it weatherproof.

How are you powering it? I powered my TomTom from a Powerlet socket inside the front fairing, but for the Garmin I fitted a 3BRpowersport USB port to the handlebars just below the mount.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
That's the same series GPS that I have, but I mounted mine in an Aquabox to isolate it from vibrations (killed my old TomTom) and make it weatherproof.

How are you powering it? I powered my TomTom from a Powerlet socket inside the front fairing, but for the Garmin I fitted a 3BRpowersport USB port to the handlebars just below the mount.

Any photos of your mount. I don't like the look of just the ball when I don't need the gps.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
I had to put a new battery in my bike today. Now it's fills like mine, after putting it back together.:rockon:

I did'nt know sitting at idle drains my battery.:confused:

Love the sound of my TB at idle.

QuietEagle

Lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Yasko,

I would recommend this mount for your RAM. It has a very small footprint. If you do get it, don't torque it to the 17 ft lbs. that is recommended for the handlebar mount as the RAM is aluminum and will crack (DAMHIK). Just install it and tighten it down. I'm sure you will like it better. :thumbup:

RAM Mount RAM-B-367U Motorcycle Handlebar Clamp

You can see it installed in the photos. I put it on the forward, left bolt.

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
Any photos of your mount. I don't like the look of just the ball when I don't need the gps.

I just used the U-bolt mount from RAM. I installed it just inboard of the clutch perch and mounted the 3BR USB power socket underneath it. You don't notice the ball when the GPS isn't on the bike. Don't forget that if you are using a Garmin GPS you will need a special USB cable as Garmin uses an unused pin to tell the GPS that it is connected to a power supply and not a computer.

My bike has the Madstad screen on it so I was considering moving the mount to the metal base screen so that it is directly ahead of me and above the clocks. Just haven't found the time.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
My gps just fryed.:(

I need to remount the ball in a better spot on the bike this weekend.:rockon: