New FZ6 This weekend

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
With the Two Brothers, do I need a special rack for Givi top, and side case? If so where's the best place to find the kits?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Is it not kool to have Givi V35 side bags on a street fighter? I love the look of this bike.

TheRabbi

Reaction score
Visit site
Is it not kool to have Givi V35 side bags on a street fighter? I love the look of this bike.

The "coolness" of your bike is determined by only one person, you! :thumbup:

Personally, a bike should be your canvas to paint as you wish. Some people take it farther than others. Personally I'm only doing minor things here and there, but that will change over time and with confidence (and tools...).

achtung6

Reaction score
Visit site
Another vote for getting your Givi from Helmethead. I bought my Maxia 52L top case with tail lights and rack from him back in '08 when the bike was brand new. Great service. I'd go to him again.

Sco

Reaction score
Visit site
New shoes will run between 400 too 500+ depending. I just put on Pirelli Angels for just under 350. Depending on your location and if you are a DIY person or let the shop do it person. If you do it yourself and order online yo can save big bucks.
I am new so that is way beyond my skill level for now.

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
Good luck on the purchase. dont forget the pics.

Just out of curiosity (actually eric instigated it :D) did you have a look inside the tanks to see if they were rusty, especially on the lowest mileage one?

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
The deal is done. I'm one of you guys now.:rockon: Photos to come.

The ride home was like a dream for me. North winds at 30mph and the bike was some stable compared to my lil Ninjette. The only vibraton came form my TB under the seat. The one thing that stands out is how high and firm it fills on the high way, and the much lower rpms needed to get the bike to move. I'm kinda in shock about the whole thing. I've waited so long to get just the right bike and I'm so happy right now. Gotta go ride now.:cheer:

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
I love how this bike deals with the head wind. Today the wind is out of the north at 20-30mph, this thing just run in without any bogging down oh hp like my 250. I'm going to love the new power.:BLAA: It's cool knowing that I have it, and don't have to use it. The sound of the TB just backs that up in my head. I think I might have to regear it because as it stands, the bike fills like it wants to run at 7k rpm, when I just want to cruise and listen to my TB.

The first mod will be a black wind screen. Do you guys tint it or paint?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What kind of paint? Clear coat afterwards?

No need for clear coat.. it's pretty much away from elements. I've used flat black paint for plastic (front view ends up being nice and shiny, but the back stays flat-black.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
After one full tank on my fz, I'm now thinking of giving up my 250. The fz puts the same dumb smile on my face when I ride, so I might just have to go with the one bike.

I find it hard to belive that someone would have this as a 1st bike. I'm so glad I started on a 250.

I love this bike, and the reactions that I'm getting is very kool. I can't wait to start with the rest of the mods.