New FZ6 This weekend

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
After one full tank on my fz, I'm now thinking of giving up my 250. The fz puts the same dumb smile on my face when I ride, so I might just have to go with the one bike.

I find it hard to belive that someone would have this as a 1st bike. I'm so glad I started on a 250.

I love this bike, and the reactions that I'm getting is very kool. I can't wait to start with the rest of the mods.

That is exactly how I felt when I got FZ6 after riding ex250. :thumbup:

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
OK I'm going to sale the ninja and use the cash to mod my new baby. The FZ is just too much fun to split seat time.

I'm thinking of wrapping my turn signal with the carbon fiber. Then goinnig with new levers, carbon fiber tank pad, red rim tape, grips, carbon fiber bar eans, and black frame sliders.

Levers: Foldable Extendable Brake Clutch Lever Yamaha FZ6R 2009 - 2011 / FZ8 2011 2012 | eBay

Rim tape: REFLECTIVE Rim Stripe Wheel Decal Sticker 16" 17" 18" | eBay

Grips: Motorcycle Custom Handle Bar Grip 22MM 7/8" Yamaha MT-01 FZ 1 6 8 R1 R6 YBR 250 | eBay

Carbon wrap: 12"x48" BLK Carbon Fiber Vinyl decal YAMAHA FZ-1 FJR 13 | eBay

Bar ends: GYTR RED CARBON FIBER HANDLEBAR BAR ENDS 09 10 11 12 YAMAHA FZ6R FZ1 FZ6 | eBay

Frame sliders: Yamaha FZ6 Frame Sliders

Tank pad: Carbon Yamaha Gas Tank Protector R1 R6 YZF 600 FZR Pad | eBay

Gas cap: Yamaha Carbon Fiber look Fuel Gas Tank Cap Cover Pad sticker | eBay

Let me know what you think. Good or Bad I need to know.

Thanks

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lots of cool and good idea, but I would think twice about swapping out bar ends. Stock ones are very functional.. they're heavy and do a great deal of vibration dampening. CF ones will be very light and there will be loads more vibration.

** Oh I see they mention that these do have some weight to them. I would ask the seller for exact weight and compare to stock :D **

Cheaper price for bar ends here and it does say that they're alu.. so I do doubt they're nearly as heavy as stock: http://www.motosport.com/motorcycle/2009-yamaha-fz1-fzs1000--GYTR-BAR-ENDS

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh and I would get levers here: Folding CNC Racing Levers

They're exactly the same (pretty sure there's 4-5 companies all selling the same ones), but these guys offer good customer service too.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks again Erci.

Do the other thing look ok?

Oh, I'll need a belly pan, and 15t sprocket, and the Clutch Slave Levers.

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
put some brakes on your wallet yasko!! :D

do you have a pic of the new ride? I WANT TO SEE IT!:BLAA:

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
The orginal budget was $6500, so I have money later for mods. The FZ beat all the other bikes on my list, and came in at a value.

Ravenfz09

Reaction score
Visit site
I have 3 bikes on my list to shop this weekend. All 3 07 fz6 bikes. 1st bike has 7k on the clock, Two Brothers carbon fiber, and will need new tires. $200 more than the other two bikes. 2nd bike red and has 1500 miles on the clock, and will need new tires 3rd bike is black with 8k on the clock, and has a new set of tires. All the bikes are very clean. The 1st bike is my 1st pick for $200 more than the other.

What's the best value? The tires are all in good shape, but are 07 stock, so I'm thinking to replace them.

Thanks for your help.

1500 miles and needs tires already?:confused:

kpedro

Reaction score
Visit site
The orginal budget was $6500, so I have money later for mods. The FZ beat all the other bikes on my list, and came in at a value.

Those are the words of a man developing an obsession...lol. 2 and half months ago I was in a similar situation as yourself. Since my FZ6 has been in my hands I've basically been changing things non-stop. It came with a few things I wanted(2brothers exh, K&N filter, PCIII,frame sliders) but that wasn't enough. I started by adding a Puig windscreen(dark smoke), Beowolf rad cover, Shad seat, FZ1 bars and rim tape. I'm waiting on a set of rearsets that I had to return. It seems like every time I finish something, I'm thinking about the next project....lol

This winter I plan on on some Racetech springs front and rear and stainless brake lines. And with the amount I've been riding, looks like I'll need tires come next riding season. NEVER ENDS!!!!

Last edited:

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Those are the words of a man developing an obsession...lol. QUOTE]

If you would have told me 3 years ago that I would have a motorcycle , I would have thought you were crazy. A friend talked me into getting a bike to learn to ride so when I'm in Belgium we could ride. Now I'm hooked.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Instead of carbon fiber bar ends, you might hold off and look into the ThrottleMeister ends/throttle locks; you'll get more functionality at the same time if you plan on travelling long distances.

A bit expensive, but we seem to have caught you at a good time... :BLAA: :thumbup:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Rain all day today, so I had time to put on my Ram mount for my gps.

Bike looks fantastic! Like new really. I'm sure you've noticed.. you're missing the lower bolt on the left side of cowling .

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Bike looks fantastic! Like new really. I'm sure you've noticed.. you're missing the lower bolt on the left side of cowling .

Thanks getting that fixed this weekend.

I would like to do the clutch mod, but just what do I need to order for the mod? I would like to keep ridding my bike, so do I order a clutch cable holder, which is part no. 5VX-15441-00-00? Is that all I need to send killernoodle?
Sorry for the dumb question.