New FZ6 This weekend

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
I have 3 bikes on my list to shop this weekend. All 3 07 fz6 bikes. 1st bike has 7k on the clock, Two Brothers carbon fiber, and will need new tires. $200 more than the other two bikes. 2nd bike red and has 1500 miles on the clock, and will need new tires 3rd bike is black with 8k on the clock, and has a new set of tires. All the bikes are very clean. The 1st bike is my 1st pick for $200 more than the other.

What's the best value? The tires are all in good shape, but are 07 stock, so I'm thinking to replace them.

Thanks for your help.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Finally officially joining the club, huh? :thumbup:

Honestly, there's not a huge difference between 2k miles and 8k miles.. I'd basically go for the one which looks like it's been treated better than others.

They're all *new* so there's not a whole lot you need to check.

I would open the tank and look in with a flashlight to make sure there's no rust (in case the bike was sitting for a long time with empty tank).

But really there's no need to list all the things to look for.. just look here (this is overkill, but still a very good guide): Used Motorcycle Evaluation Guide

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I wouldnt make a decision based solely on mileage becasue for one these bikes are pretty rock solid and can go well over 100,000 if taken care of. Even though that one has very few miles on it that could also be a bad thing, it could be that the bike sat for a long time and you might run into fuel issues. If i were you i would look at each one and see which one looks like its in the best shape, especially in the fuel tank like eric said. The decision is yours but which ever one you choose im sure youll be happy.

TheRabbi

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome! :welcome: That signature looks awfully familiar, from TWTex? ;)

Depending on how the tires have been taken care of, they might still be in decent condition. I bought my 2008 with only 1,500 miles and the original tires, they looked brand new out of the box. Tire deterioration will vary greatly based on how and where it is stored.

Despite how weak the stock exhaust is (imo) I wouldn't let the exhaust be your deciding factor. If you think about it that's at most a $700 system and over the life of the bike that's a fairly negligible cost if you plan on keeping the bike for a while.

JimStl

Reaction score
Visit site
I got an '07 this past spring. Did a lot of reading on tires and what is considered the life span of a tire. What I found out was, rubber has a tendency to degrade as time goes on, so tires are limited to a maximum of 6 years before they must be replaced.

I wanted to log some longer trips, I opted to go ahead and get a fresh set of tires, for me it was worth the peace of mind.

Which ever bike you pick, have fun, they are great rides!

Last edited:

Mudkipz137

Reaction score
Visit site
I vote for lesser miles as well... HOWEVER I completely understand wanting to get one with the carbon exhaust. Good luck! Glad you're getting one!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you're planning to get after market exhaust in the future, just buy the bike that already has the Two Brothers. It will save you time and money. It's easier to get tires replaced than the exhaust.

Wonder which forum member in Texas are selling their FZ6's?:spank:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Check the ends of the handlebars on all three, any scuffing would indicate its been dropped (my '07 had been dropped but the seller wasn't honest with me). Don't know that that would be a deal-killer but something to look for.
I didn't think the '07s came in black... :confused:

Anxious to see pics of your new ride Sunday night, Good Luck! :thumbup:

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
The 2nd, and 3rd bikes are ready now, but the owner of the 1st bike will not be back in town untill the 7th. I'm going to wait and go for the carbon fiber Two Brothers. I can get new tires for under $400 put on the bike, but the Two Brothers would be $800ish. The miles are all to close to matter. All the bikes are very clean, so it just comes down to the Two Brothers for me. The only other thing that would be better would be a new seat, and 3x hard bags sold with the bike.

I've been looking very hard at bikes, and didn't want to buy untill the fall, but I'm very happy with the deal. I'll post photos asap.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The 2nd, and 3rd bikes are ready now, but the owner of the 1st bike will not be back in town untill the 7th. I'm going to wait and go for the carbon fiber Two Brothers. I can get new tires for under $400 put on the bike, but the Two Brothers would be $800ish. The miles are all to close to matter. All the bikes are very clean, so it just comes down to the Two Brothers for me. The only other thing that would be better would be a new seat, and 3x hard bags sold with the bike.

I've been looking very hard at bikes, and didn't want to buy untill the fall, but I'm very happy with the deal. I'll post photos asap.

Good luck! Can't wait to hear how your first few rides go .. that feeling of riding FZ6 after EX250.. I remember smiling ear to ear :D

Marcelor73

Reaction score
Visit site
If one of the bikes is BLUE, then there's only one choice. The blue ones are much faster, regardless of mods!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
Have you heard how the TB exhaust sounds yet? Do you like it?
For me, I prefer to not attract unnecessary attention or wake up neighbors if I get home late. For that reason, my bike has the stock exhaust. Granted, you could probably flip it for some profit if you do decide to go back to stock.

TheRabbi

Reaction score
Visit site
Have you heard how the TB exhaust sounds yet? Do you like it?
For me, I prefer to not attract unnecessary attention or wake up neighbors if I get home late. For that reason, my bike has the stock exhaust. Granted, you could probably flip it for some profit if you do decide to go back to stock.

While I agree with you on the Two Bros, I disagree on the stock. It sounds whiny and not good, you can get a deeper tone without getting louder.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
While I agree with you on the Two Bros, I disagree on the stock. It sounds whiny and not good, you can get a deeper tone without getting louder.

Agree 100%. Stock FZ6 is very very quite, which is ok, but the note is just not pleasant, in my opinion. I had Leos on mine with baffles and they sounded as good, if not better, than any I4 motorcycle engine, without being overly loud.

I believe TB with proper tips can also do this (it IS way way loud without tips).

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
I love the sound of the TB, and the stock set is sold with the bike.

Yepp another TWTEX on the forum.