New FZ6 rider

MPLS_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey folks,

Fairly new to the forum and the FZ6. Just wanted to introduce myself.
Picked up an '08 FZ6 in November. I had an RC51 previous to the FZ6, but wanted something a bit more comfortable. So far I am thrilled with the new bike!

Just got home from snapping a few photos of the new bike. I'll try to attach one to this post......we'll see if I can get it to work.
2012.jpg

I also have a question. I'm looking into getting some hard luggage. What setups do you all recommend. I'd like to stick to side bags not a trunk. I've got my eye's on a set of the Givi E36NJ or the E21. Just not sure if the 21 liter bags are large enough. I don't plan on doing a lot of cross county rides. I mostly just cruise around town and ride into work. Occasionally I like to get out on a camping trip. But I'm into backpacking, so I pack light.
Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!
Pete

Hey Pete!
:welcome: to the forum. That pic looks like it could have been used for an ad for the FZ6...well done!

From what I've seen, the Givi V35's seem to be the winning ticket for side luggage.

Keep your eyes on the for sale section as items come and go pretty quickly.

:welcome: to the forum!! Great looking pic you have there!

Do you know what seat that is? looks very comfortable...

:welcome:

Nice bike. Nice pic.

Very jealous that you had an RC-51 - my husband used to have one (called the SP-1 in Australia).

It was beautiful. He is ALWAYS on the bikesales web site, looking for another one. He misses her SOOOOO much LOL

Last edited:
Nice picture! What kind of seat is on your bike? I'll be curious as to how well you like the FZ compared to the beast that you were riding! :welcome:

:welcome: to the forum!! Great looking pic you have there!

Do you know what seat that is? looks very comfortable...

Thanks!
It's a Corbin with a Corbin backrest #02-SB. The seat is very slippery, which is fine for me as the operator of the bike, but the passenger slides around everywhere on the Corbin. So I made a seat cover for the passenger portion of it. I used a workbench mat(purchased here: Non-Slip Router Mat - Rockler Woodworking Tools )
Works fantastic! She loves riding on the back now!

Thanks!
It's a Corbin with a Corbin backrest #02-SB. The seat is very slippery, which is fine for me as the operator of the bike, but the passenger slides around everywhere on the Corbin. So I made a seat cover for the passenger portion of it. I used a workbench mat(purchased here: Non-Slip Router Mat - Rockler Woodworking Tools )
Works fantastic! She loves riding on the back now!

Oh nice! My family and I are making the 1200 mile, one-way trip to Colorado and then back this summer and I'm looking for something that would be more comfortable than the stock seat. Do you like it for long day rides? (If you've taken any, of course)

Nice picture! What kind of seat is on your bike? I'll be curious as to how well you like the FZ compared to the beast that you were riding! :welcome:

See reply above for seat info:D

The FZ is WAY different from the RC, obviously:D I do miss the RC51, it had more personality. The torque was amazing! It was a powerhouse for sure. Very fun bike. The FZ is great though, still a very quick bike. Way more comfortable than a rocket with clip-on's. Having a passenger on the FZ is great, but on the RC it was a terrible experience for the rider since the seat is so far back:D Overall I love the FZ6, it's a great all around bike. I will miss the RC51 at times I'm sure, but definitely happy with the switch.

Oh nice! My family and I are making the 1200 mile, one-way trip to Colorado and then back this summer and I'm looking for something that would be more comfortable than the stock seat. Do you like it for long day rides? (If you've taken any, of course)

Sounds fun!
Haven't taken any long trips yet. I'll be sure to post my experience after I do take a trip.

Enjoy Colorado!

G'day FZ6'ers

I'm also new to the world of Fazers, and loving every minute of it. And great to see a dedicated forum, looking forward to being a regular here. Have owned a swag of low-tec torquey machines so just getting used to the revvy engine and trying to master blast-off. Luckily there's planty of traffic lights between home and work so I'm getting some practice.

About the only complaint is the seat. I must have a fussy ass. Still, it's more comfortable than the Z750 and SV650. Was thinking about a sheepskin pad but that Corbin looks sweet!

Nice pic MPLS, did you lift that from a brochure? Will have to try that filter-thingy on my camera now!

Cheers guys

G'day FZ6'ers

I'm also new to the world of Fazers, and loving every minute of it. And great to see a dedicated forum, looking forward to being a regular here. Have owned a swag of low-tec torquey machines so just getting used to the revvy engine and trying to master blast-off. Luckily there's planty of traffic lights between home and work so I'm getting some practice.

About the only complaint is the seat. I must have a fussy ass. Still, it's more comfortable than the Z750 and SV650. Was thinking about a sheepskin pad but that Corbin looks sweet!

Nice pic MPLS, did you lift that from a brochure? Will have to try that filter-thingy on my camera now!

Cheers guys

I just came from an sv650s (1st gen) and the seat wasn't that bad!

But before we derail this thread, I think I'm going to make a thread specifically about seats.. or see if one is already in progress.

Welcome to the two new FZ6 owners to the forum! :welcome:

That photo is all kinds of awesome. My bike is black so it wouldn't look that good. I'd have to take it in some nice blue skied background. Or a sunset. Your bike is sweet colour! :rockon:

Back