• All Black

Votes: 15 88.2%

• Total voters

Bakchos

Yamahaha
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello !!!

I am new here, i am back from 5 years break, took the break when the kids started coming, i use to ride a R1 2001, sold it in 2006.

I live in Canada, Quebec, the immatriculation here are crazy (1400$ a year for SS), so i choose the FZ6, cheap to insure and still very fun to drive.

Enough about me.... i plan on doing the naked conversion, i will buy the kit from fz16, but i want an all black bike,

I did some photoshop, let me know what you think :)

Stock
ee.jpg

Blue and black
blue.jpg

All black
black1.jpg

Thanks !

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
All black! :rockon:

Just remember black paint shows up swirls & scratches very easily....

:thumbup:

Evitzee

Reaction score
Visit site
Not a fan of all black bikes (or cars) but that is just personal opinion. Black with just a few color accents sometimes works. Good luck and welcome back.

Bakchos

Yamahaha
Reaction score
Visit site
Here is a little video montage of the color change, lets see if someone can spot the last change :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9VJytj8taE]YouTube - ‪color change‬‏[/ame]

5spoke

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 2008 fz6 but my bike is fairly close to the blacked out look in your second Photoshop. Everything except for the driver pegs has been painted black.

This is a horrible picture but its all I have at work. I can get better pics later.

2011-02-23_20-43-36_610.jpg

2011-02-23_20-42-41_650.jpg

Bakchos

Yamahaha
Reaction score
Visit site
What about Plasti Dip from Performix? You simply dip it in "liquid rubber", wait for it to dry before you mount it and away you go. Easy peasy! :thumbup:

Yep plasti dip, is all over USA, but i tryed to get some in Canada for my Lancer front bumper,i wanted the Evo look, and it is not available, even Home Depot USA sell it, HD Canada wont import it for me, i will look for an equivalent this weekend at hardware stores, this is a product i remember my dad using when i was a kid... :thumbup:

Thanks !

Popeye70

Reaction score
Visit site
Can't you order online from the States, or have a forum member send you what you need? I could do it myself, but the prices here in Norway are crazy by your standards and shipping costs would be way too high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bakchos

Yamahaha
Reaction score
Visit site
Can't you order online from the States, or have a forum member send you what you need? I could do it myself, but the prices here in Norway are crazy by your standards and shipping costs would be way too high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe shipping would be cheap for a liquid paint, but for spray paint they wanted 40$ shipping for 2 cans...... i will go hunt for silicone paint in a bucket, i remember this kind of stuff for tool handles.

Thanks for helping !