New From Virginia, already have a question!

gottherim4

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, I am very close to getting a FZ6. I wanted to see what some folks here thought of what a dealer is asking: $4000 for a 2008 blue with 3900 miles. It only has frame sliders and a puig screen. Should I talk em down some? Thanks for any feedback!

gottherim4

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the quick response. I forgot to mention, I asked for an out-the-door-price (because I'm an hour away and don't want any surprises). They said about $200 extra, which included dmv fees and 3% virginia tax. Is that the extra youre referring to? I havent bought from a dealer before, only private sales, so I was surprised it was that low.

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
Check the FZ6's on craigslist, ebay and cycle trader. How much is a comparable bike selling for? That should clue you in on the market price of the bike, especially the ebay bidding.

If you buy it from the dealer, at least try to get some accessories out of it. Ask them if they'd give you 20% off a helmet and boots if you take the bike. They want to get rid of it. The season is over, demand is low for the FZ6 and the economy is bad, of course.

master111400

Reaction score
Visit site
I just picked up a brand new 2010 FZ6R from a dealer for 6990. They also gave me 10% off everything I buy in their store for life. The store is not going out of business anytime soon. Also I did not pay anything extra for tags, title or taxes. The dealer picked up all of the extra fees. Maybe not exactly the answer you are looking for but it may help in what you are looking for.