New Contender

fz6xlr8r

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know if any one has noticed but Suzuki has sliped in a new bike into it's '08 line up. The GSX650F. Although not quite up to FZ6 specs, I'm sure we'll see alot of these on the street in the months to come. They’re sure are going to be disappointed when a FZ6 makes them eat a dust sandwich but they'll look cool even with all that dirt in their mouths.

W

wrightme43

Cool, is that a parallel twin or four? I saw a bike the other day at the salvage yard, it was a gsxr but I only saw two exhaust headers. It was all wrecked so it may of been something else entirely but thats what it looked like.

fz6xlr8r

Reaction score
Visit site
It's got a L4 that from what I've read it has about 80 hp at the rear wheel so it's not going to be slow, just not as fast as the FZ6. It has a steel frame and with the fairing so it's a bit heavier than the FZ6 too. It's ment to replace the Katana 600 and 750 witch had a bad rap for being a sports bike poser and is probably what you saw in the junk yard. No doubt, the new GSX-F has the GSX-R look and will bring a lot of new riders to Suziki, especially at $6,999.00. I, myself think it's pretty cool looking but it doesn't quite have all of the goodys the FZ6 has but should make a big play in this sector of the sport bike market.http://suzukicycles.com/Products/GSX650FK8/Default.aspxCheck it out.

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool, is that a parallel twin or four? I saw a bike the other day at the salvage yard, it was a gsxr but I only saw two exhaust headers. It was all wrecked so it may of been something else entirely but thats what it looked like.

Wonder if you saw one of the newer GS500F's - it's a 500 twin but with a full fairing etc, so they look sportier than they are.

The 650 looks like it will at least have a shot to sell a few, especially based on sporty looks.

jfreakman

Reaction score
Visit site
looks to me like suzuki took the best parts of the GS500, the gsxr600 and the 1000 to make a nice looking bike, but I'd still rather have my FZ.

Which is not to say that when i'm in the market for a new bike, I'll ignore suzuki althogether...

Last edited: